Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge

Options
  • 13-05-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi folks,

I'm currently looking to relocate to Cellbridge but working in Dublin city centre with a commute during both rush hours.

I know there's a train connection with Cellbridge as well as buses. Could anyone give me a practical assessment of the commute from the housing estates in Cellbridge town centre to Dublin city centre using buses (66A?) and the train - how long it takes , frequency, reliability, are they always packed so you can't get on?

Any information would be appreciated, as would any views on good and bad areas in Cellbridge.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jesh1

I grew up in Celbridge, Castletown. I really enjoyed living there. I went to college in Dublin and commuted via bus for 4yrs. This was before the N4 slip road was linked to the town. Worst case travelling time was about 1 hour 30mins. Without any traffic journey time is about 35 or 45mins by bus. That was about 6 yrs ago:rolleyes:. Regarding the area some/most estates have a friendly atmosphere. Some of my friends used to commute via train but as i was living down the oposite end of the train station the old 67 done the trick.

PS- Heard an interesting fact that Celbridge has the most female alcoholics than any town in Ireland. I didn't see any tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dhamma

Thanks Jesh for that. Didn't know about the female propensity for alcohol in the area though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Doesn't Leixlp have a Xpresso bus service? Not sure if it goes to Celbridge but it does depart the city at rush hour and blast all the way out there on the N4 buslanes straight which would be pretty quick (maybe 30-40 mins?)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RATM wrote: »
    Doesn't Leixlp have a Xpresso bus service? Not sure if it goes to Celbridge but it does depart the city at rush hour and blast all the way out there on the N4 buslanes straight which would be pretty quick (maybe 30-40 mins?)
    Aye, Leixlip, as well as Celbridge has an Xpresso. The train station is located to the south of the village, and gets you into the Heuston in 30 or 40 minutes, I'm told.

Are you looking to rent, or buy?

If renting, Celbridge is good if Heuston suits you, but if you're based near the IFSC area, then Maynooth or Leixlip may suit you, as they're on the Connolly line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dhamma

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm looking to buy (although maybe rent initially as well) and will be working between Trinity College and St. Stephen's Green, so more or less south inner city.

Good idea to consider Lexilip and Maynooth for train purposes - might look into that.

How far a walk is it from the housing estates in Cellbridge to the railway station, does anyone know? Are the housing estates okay - pleasant - or are there any gougers about?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dhamma wrote: »
    How far a walk is it from the housing estates in Cellbridge to the railway station, does anyone know?
    From the bridge entering Celbridge, to the train station (2.1 km), Google says 24 minutes. Now, there are a few estates nearer to the train station, but I don't know what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I'm pretty sure there is a free of charge shuttle bus to the train station from the centre of Celbridge and back again in the evenings.

Advertisement