Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

De register date?

• 13-05-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I am registered as self employed, but I haven't had any work since last year.

My question is can I put done 31/12/09 as my de-register date so that I won't have to do a tax return for 2010?

I have been claiming social welfare in 2010 which is my only source of income.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I am registered as self employed, but I haven't had any work since last year.

My question is can I put done 31/12/09 as my de-register date so that I won't have to do a tax return for 2010?

I have been claiming social welfare in 2010 which is my only source of income.

You sure can. Just download a form TRCN1 - which is a taxhead cancellation form, and sens it to your local office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

Thanks for that gerrybbadd.

I thought I would have to put the current date on the form which would mean having to file a tax return in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

Am I better offer putting down my de-register date as the date I first signed on the dole or put the date down as 31/12/09 and declare my social welfare payments for 2009 along with my self employed income?

I haven't earned anything since I signed on, so there is no fear of me working & claiming.

I'm afraid of getting stuck with a tax bill if I do this wrong.

Sorry for asking stupid questions

Advertisement