Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to play soccer.... 5 or 11 a side

Options
  • 13-05-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi im Dan im 29 just moved to Thomastown a few months back with my fiancee and son and looking to play 5 a side and eventually 11 a side once i get my fitness back ....Dont really know anyone in kilkenny and thought this would be great way to meet lads my own age / interests and play footy which is my love...... ideally Thomastown but will travel to Kilkenny/watershed to play aswell so wondering if anyone plays and needs an extra good standard of player

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

PM me, I play in the local astroturf league, I can give you contacts.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

do you play in the loretto??

i play there myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

gorilla_ie wrote: »
    do you play in the loretto??

i play there myself

Yes

how are ye getting on if you don't mind me asking ?

how are ye getting on if you don't mind me asking ?

Last season the team was doing terrible, then I signed and the teams fortunes got slightly better :) (but only because I asked a free-scoring mate of mine to join). He's staying with us this season, hopefully Dannybhoy will hang around and the team could have their first decent season in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Last season the team was doing terrible, then I signed and the teams fortunes got slightly better :) (but only because I asked a free-scoring mate of mine to join). He's staying with us this season, hopefully Dannybhoy will hang around and the team could have their first decent season in a long time.

What team is it? My team won the second division comfortably and lost the all division cup final on penalties to the winners of the first division :(

Doff wrote: »
    What team is it? My team won the second division comfortably and lost the all division cup final on penalties to the winners of the first division :(

Keanes' Salon Solutions, formerly Lyrath, we finished bottom of Div 3 but it's all going to be different this season :)

Keanes' Salon Solutions, formerly Lyrath, we finished bottom of Div 3 but it's all going to be different this season :)

Weren't they Hotel Kilkenny 2 years ago? Some guy asked me and my friends to play for them years ago, They must have been desperate! The 3rd division is pretty tough though with all the new teams joining, Theres not much difference between the 3rd and 2nd with the exception of a few teams. As long as you keep the ball on the ground your sorted.

Doff wrote: »
    Weren't they Hotel Kilkenny 2 years ago? Some guy asked me and my friends to play for them years ago, They must have been desperate! The 3rd division is pretty tough though with all the new teams joining, Theres not much difference between the 3rd and 2nd with the exception of a few teams. As long as you keep the ball on the ground your sorted.

That's right. Most of us in the team used to work in HK years ago but there's a lot less of us now. Last year Manning Travel were the superior team by a long shot and they'll do well in the second division. From what I see in the first division, there are two leagues, those looking for the league and and a few looking to stay up there. As I say, I think next season is our chance to get off bottom (which I believe they've been for a while), a few players joined last season (including myself) which look like staying and we've played with each other a while now. I'm pretty fücking useless but I still have my uses all the same, I didn't think I'd get back into playing for a team but I'm enjoying it, I have to say.

Ah don't talk to me about Manning Travel lol we had them in the first round of the division 2/3 cup. A few of the lads were a bit cocky too going into it and we let in 2 stupid goals :( In the second half we played brilliant and got a goal back but then they just locked up and defended. I think they'll win the 2nd division. anyway best of luck to you next season, Hopefully we'll meet in the cup at the end of it :)

• Advertisement

Likewise, if I'm not dead after the cycling season :D

i'm playing with grogans pub, we are in the semi final of the shield, its our first year in the league so we are happy enough so far. has the astroturf been relayed yet does anybody know ??

i'm playing with grogans pub, we are in the semi final of the shield, its our first year in the league so we are happy enough so far. has the astroturf been relayed yet does anybody know ??

I think we're (without me obviously) training on it this week. When I was up there on Wednesday the only thing I saw was the surrounding being relaid.

Sweet , Cheers for that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

im looking to setup 11 a side practice matches in loreto from next week, until the astro season starts, regular like every tuesday night or something like that..

Anyone.. We are div3 team near bottom..:)..

aidankkk wrote: »
    im looking to setup 11 a side practice matches in loreto from next week, until the astro season starts, regular like every tuesday night or something like that..

Anyone.. We are div3 team near bottom..:)..

I'll ask our gaffer in the morning

I'll ask our gaffer in the morning

grand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dannybhoy

Hey Aidan im actually training with Havocs team at the minute so may see ya if the matches r arranged ...cheers for getting back to me

dannybhoy wrote: »
    Hey Aidan im actually training with Havocs team at the minute so may see ya if the matches r arranged ...cheers for getting back to me

no bother..

I'll say it to the head man, I'll be seeing him in about 2 hours so I'll get back to you afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Quietjohn

Sorry to steal the thread a bit, thought it be best than making a new one.

I've recently moved into the centre of Kilkenny and looking to play football, aswell as making some new friends. Did you find a team Dan, whats the social side like? Im quite a shy lad and it takes me a while to meet new people.

I've been playing Futsal for the past few years and would like to get back into football, either 5, 7, or 11-a-side.

Cheers all

Quietjohn wrote: »

I've recently moved into the centre of Kilkenny and looking to play football, aswell as making some new friends. Did you find a team Dan, whats the social side like? Im quite a shy lad and it takes me a while to meet new people.

I've been playing Futsal for the past few years and would like to get back into football, either 5, 7, or 11-a-side.

Cheers all

We have 7 a side tomorrow night at 7:30 in the loreto and were looking for players for 11 a side Floodlit League. So pm me if ya want to come up..

Quietjohn wrote: »

Cheers all

We snapped up Dan in the coup of the summer :D
    TBH Aidans team seem like a nice bunch of lads as are ours. It's cycling season at the moment so I don't have much time for football but I should be making an appearance in two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dannybhoy

Hey John

dont be sorry for joining thread if it helps u find a team thats great I was happy with the response I got on here I didnt know anyone in KK but glad 2 be playing every week now and good way 2 meet a bunch of like minded lads , I started training with Havocs about 22 of us vying for 11 spots on the team which is healthy some good talented players there and everyones well sound its well organised and well run as far as I can see ive only been goin a month .....as Aidan mentioned were also in the 11 a side floodlit league think were division 3 ......so u have a good offer from Aidan there to play with them , I nearly turned out 4 those lads or if not u could allways train with us id say our gaffers still lookin 4 players competition will be hot enough tho think they are looking to be a lot stronger this year than last year ....think they are building the team round u Havoc arnt they ?

Seems like we are booked up for pre season :(

Advertisement