Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buses to ucd?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

The Agogo wrote: »
    The pdf Dublin Bus made seems to have disappeared though.

Here (:

edit: They've taken it down again ¬¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

i know this is a stupid Q, but how do you get from ucd to busaras? Im finished super early tomorrow and want to get home asap for some sleep, how much is the bus there/where do i get off etc? I know literally feck all when it comes to dublin :confused: i remember i walked past the bus 10 today, and it said it was going to pheonix park? :S

muffinz wrote: »
    i know this is a stupid Q, but how do you get from ucd to busaras?

Get the 10/46A/145 to O'Connell Street, then cross the road follow the Luas line for a few hundred metres. Costs €1.60 from UCD to town I think. ;)

Telchak wrote: »
    Get the 10/46A/145 to O'Connell Street, then cross the road follow the Luas line for a few hundred metres. Costs €1.60 from UCD to town I think. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

from http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Network-Direct/

Monday, September 13, 2010

Dublin Bus is pleased to announce the start of the implementation of the first phase of the Network Direct project. Starting on the 19th of September a more direct, high frequency, punctual bus service is coming to the N11 Stillorgan, Dún Laoghaire, Bray and North Wicklow areas with improved cross city connections. Read further details here.

Route Amalgamation of 92 and 145
    From 19th September, a more direct, high frequency and punctual service will serve Heuston Station. The extension of Route 145 is part of the Network Direct project. Route 145 will replace the current Route 92 service and will operate at least every 10 minutes on weekdays until 21.00 hrs and every 20 minutes thereafter until the last bus at 23:20hrs. It will also operate at weekends.

Route 145 will serve the same bus stop as the current Route 92 service in Heuston and will operate via the North Quays, Nassau Street, St Stephen’s Green, Leeson Street and onwards to Bray.

Routes 46x and 746 will no longer operate. Alternative services can be used:
    46x – Customers can take a 46a to the city centre and change to Routes 41/16a or Airlink service to travel to Dublin Airport.

746 – Customers can take a 46a to the city centre and change to Routes 41/16a, Airlink in service for travel to Dublin airport.

* Customers should please note that the amalgamation of Routes 39a/10 will take place in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Thanks for that Ardmacha. So will the 145 stop near UCD on the way to Bray?
    Am pretty clueless about Dublin bus routes, sorry!!

Fishy1 wrote: »
    So will the 145 stop near UCD on the way to Bray?

Yup, same as it does now ;)

---

Read an article about the 10 in the College Tribune today (yesterday's edition). Pretty much everything in it was wrong, claiming that the 10 has been saved from being axed. Even has quotes of a triumphant campaign from Pat de Brún XD

Since the start of Network Direct, the plan plan for the 10 has always been to split it in two and add the northside part to the 46a and the southside part to the 39a, with frequencies of 8 and 10 minutes respectively. This plan is still happening, and the 10 will cease to exist in October when the Blanchardstown part of Network Direct is implemented and the 39a extended to UCD.

the freakin' 126 online timetable from dublin to newbridge is down - can anyone tell me the times it leaves busaras to go to kildare/newbridge? Need to get the bus tomorrow, will be getting the 10 into town and then walking to busaras, but dont want to be waiting around for an hour for the bus :rolleyes:

Advertisement