Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clutch?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A band that whenever I hear them, I always really like their stuff. Also a band who's stuff I have none of. That will change over time though. Any recommendations on albums to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Transnational Speedway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

saw these guys live once and just couldnt get into them at all

they bored the bejaysus a outta me ,all their stuff kinda sounded alike ,might sound better on cd maybe anyone reccomend an album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I've heard good things about this band, but their music just does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Brilliant band ... have traveled to Birmingham specifically to see them ..
    Neil Fallon just commands a stage like a gospel preacher

Robot Hive- Exodus is a good place to start me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Clutch are great. Here's few favourites of mine

The first two are from Robot Hive - Exodus, great album. Very easy going. The third one is from Pure Rock Fury, catchy tune.

I think Clutch are one of those bands your either into or your not. Some songs are straight up rock and then some are a bit different. There's a bit of a bluesy vibe going on there too which is great ;) Definitely worth giving them a go anyway. I'd start with Robot Hive - Exodus too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Darkside events

Clutch are great all albums are savage ! underrated band neil fallon lyrical genius .

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Clutch are ****in amazing. read a review for "elephant riders" when i was a kid and bought the album the next day. love them ever since

Saw them supporting therapy? back in 99 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Love Clutch. Their earlier stuff is alot different to their later outputs.

Nowadays they are definitely blues based/boogie type band. They have some great riffs and a real groove to them. Some recent stuff:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Another Clutch fan here. I have all their albums. I'm not too impressed with Strange Cousins but I like it. It's just different from the older stuff. Maybe it's a grower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

How can you have a Clutch thread and not this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

chin_grin wrote: »
    How can you have a Clutch thread and not this? :D

What an opening line into a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

i got really into them after i saw them support cky a few years back. they have some really good tunes. if you havent heard them before id recomend starting with blast tyrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

I must admit I'm very fond of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Good to see theres some more Irish Clutch fans out there \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Just spotted that they released a live album recently,

"Strange Cousins At The Prince" Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Check the sig. Nuff said.

Their last studio album was self-released, maybe that's why you don't hear much about them which is a damn shame. They've definitely shifted things around the last few albums.

Saw them in London last November with Kylesa as support. Great gig. Tickets were £15!

They're playing in London in July. Hope a promoter gets them over here!

So amidst robbing music from a mates laptop, quite a lot of Clutch was there. And quite a lot of CLutch has been enjoyed. Mainly Blast Tyrant and Hard Rock Fury, but I'm likin it...a lot.

Might be going to High Voltage in London where they playing, was gonna go the Saturday for Transatlantic and Opeth, now things have changed and wanna go full weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I had never really listened to them before seeing this thread. :o

I've got to say that they are a really class band. Definitely will be listening to them more.

There ya go boards....2 more fans cos of this thread alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

That's a result by my book!

And p.s. the Fury is Pure not Hard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

How come no promoter has brought them over in years? Last time I saw them was probably 6/7 years ago in Whealans (prior to that it was as Support to Therapy? in the Olympia around the time of the Jam Room album)
    There best album IMO is defo The Elepant Riders, the lyrics alone are some of the best around.

Seriously though, if you're a promoter reading this, bring this band to Dublin.

Advertisement