Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems changing from National Irish Bank?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was just wondering if anyone has had the experience of changing from the National Irish Bank to another bank? To the Ulster Bank in my case. Since I decided to change The National Irish Bank has made it difficult and protracted to move. They have started to apply charges on my current account which was a free account up onto this point. I was with the National Irish Bank for nearly 20 years but they have turned really nasty now. When I pointed out that I was not liable for these charges they took the money anyway. I have the Ulster Bank switcher team handling the transfer but the National Irish are being very difficult. Today I submitted a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. But I would be interested in hearing your comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I intend changing in the next couple of months so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them after your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Yes, my parents recently moved from NIB seeing as their local branch is closing down. They made it near impossible, although I cant say that BOI made it any easier for them. It took ages for the account to be open, and ended up that a wages payment wasnt lodged, thankfully it is all sorted now though.

pbarr - open your new bank account in plenty of time so your not stuck in the same way

Advertisement