Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 10

Options
  • 13-05-2010 3:49pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Okay after several delays due to lazines.....no wait it was Doom's fault for some reason.... its time for another tournament.

So with out further adue I give you Inferno 10.

Okay Super Street Fighter 4 is suprise suprise the tournament game.
    Usual €15 entry fee.
    Date: To be decided in poll above.
    Starting time: 1:30PM

There will be no seeding at all as its the first tournament in a new game. Completely random draw for the group stages. After that its the same rules as we had at the last Inferno so the double elimination stage will be a random draw as will the first round of the lower brackets.

Okay let us what dates suit and if you can attend.
    Any other thoughts or comments.

Date for Inferno 10 15 votes

Saturday May 22nd
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday May 29th
    20% 3 votes
    Either Date.
    46% 7 votes
    Neither Date.
    33% 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Tournament Rules and Format.

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.
    Seeding will not be performed for the first Super Street fighter 4 Tournament.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 sets with each set beings best of 3 rounds. The third set of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 sets the third set is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not garunteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Azza wrote: »
    8. No white track suits please.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Neither. 5th of June and then the first Saturday of every month from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I voted 29th. I agreed in an earlier thread about having Inferno at the last Saturday of every month, so hence why I chose 29th. Seems more practical imo

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

29th sounds good...
    i better wash my white tracksuit:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Neither date suits me due to exams, so I'll go with Chopper and suggest June 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

June 5th would suit me best as well,
    (I clicked May 29th in error on the poll, 'cos I'm thick. So you can -1 to 29th and +1 to neither date if it matters.)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Neither date suits me. Exams..

June 5th would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

A-Trak wrote: »
    June 5th would suit me best as well,
    (I clicked May 29th in error on the poll, 'cos I'm thick. So you can -1 to 29th and +1 to neither date if it matters.)
    I just voted for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I cant make either. Another vote for June 5th here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dont really mind. Are we having it on the last weekend of the month after this one then?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Neither Date: My Girlfriend is leaving the country on the 29th and I want to see her off to the airport. The week before I want to spend time with her too. I'll go with the flow and suggest 5th of June!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I clicked May 22nd but I'm alright with June 5th too, so take me as a vote for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

June 5th for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Oh, didn't know it would be extended

Yeah June 5th sounds grand, just didn't want it soon, ala May 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

If the 5th is the Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekend then I can't make it. Genuinely gutted :( I wanted this to be my first trip to a Dublin meet.

Now when will I pop my 'Dublin' cherry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Casuals man, doest have to be a tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sisko wrote: »
    Casuals man, doest have to be a tourney.

But what kind of entrance (and then spectacular exit) is that ;)

I kid. I'll probably be up within the month with Sabre. It's finding a Saturday we're both free is the challenge.

Honestly for introducing yourself casuals are probably better imo. A lot of people are a bit preoccupied at tourneys and won't even think to have a chat with new people, as opposed to casuals where that's what we're all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Voted neither and I'm going to throw in another vote for june 5th and say each tournament first of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

5th of June sounds good. Defo not the 22nd and it looks like a lot of ppl cant make it for the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    A lot of people are a bit preoccupied at tourneys and won't even think to have a chat with new people,

That doesnt sound very inviting for new people to the tourneys :pac: Does that mean people from the south have to go to a dublin casual before ye'll talk to us Haha.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Robbknoll wrote: »
    That doesnt sound very inviting for new people to the tourneys :pac: Does that mean people from the south have to go to a dublin casual before ye'll talk to us Haha.

Not at all. It's just that alot of people will have alot on their mind at tournaments and be running around and stuff. We're none of us assholes but it's a competition and it can be a little wired :)

Whereas at casuals you can sit down, maybe play a set of 10-20 fights with someone, have a laugh and a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Not at all. It's just that alot of people will have alot on their mind at tournaments and be running around and stuff. We're none of us assholes but it's a competition and it can be a little wired :)

Whereas at casuals you can sit down, maybe play a set of 10-20 fights with someone, have a laugh and a chat.

Ya takin it from the forums everyone seems friendly, was only takin the mick :D Its kinda frightening people take it so seriously tho haha alot of bragging rights goin on i bet. Hope this Inferno is on the 5th of June too so i can make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Ya takin it from the forums everyone seems friendly, was only takin the mick :D Its kinda frightening people take it so seriously tho haha alot of bragging rights goin on i bet. Hope this Inferno is on the 5th of June too so i can make it up.
    As far as I can see, 95% of us don't take it that seriously.....unless I'm rubbish at reading people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm happy with the start of every month so June 5th'l be cool.

Its kinda frightening people take it so seriously tho haha alot of bragging rights goin on i bet.

It's nothing like that, but people get nervous and it'll be on their minds primarily just like any other competitive event. All I meant.

People are just very busy a lot of rushing around. You'll understand when you attended.

A lot of guys who've never been get these odd ideas about what these events are like before they come and are positively surprised.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Seems almost certain now that I've got a weekend job for the next few months. I'm gonna have to pass on the running of the Inferno tournaments to someone else.

Anyone want to volunteer?

• Advertisement

I'd like to help in anyway I can. But I most certainly am positive theres better people to lead the job then me, I'm looking at Chopper, Dan and Barry for example.

I can serve as a backup to them if they like, but I don't think it'd be the best idea for me to take the lead with no experience. Obviously I'd do it if these guys can't but heres hoping one of em can.

Advertisement