Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any suggestions

Options
  • 13-05-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

we have 3 stray cats hanging around the house for a while now,well to say the are stray is a biy ott because there nearly part of the house.

anyway,one of them gave birth to 4 kittens last week.lovely looking things.i called the rspca and ya wont need to guess what they said.

any suggestions as what to do.have asked a few people would they like a kittten but seem to be getting knowhere.

ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I'd keep asking around cos you've seven weeks to find homes anyway. Maybe a friend of a friend might want ones.

If you advertise then I'd put a price of something like €10 to discourage people from getting them for the wrong reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 paulacork

aflib wrote: »
    we have 3 stray cats hanging around the house for a while now,well to say the are stray is a biy ott because there nearly part of the house.

anyway,one of them gave birth to 4 kittens last week.lovely looking things.i called the rspca and ya wont need to guess what they said.

any suggestions as what to do.have asked a few people would they like a kittten but seem to be getting knowhere.

ta

Where are you based? if you're in Cork, i'd say contact the Animal Care Society or West Cork Animals and they'll be able to point you in the right direction if they don't take the kittens in themselves. I recently took in a stray Tom and his "girlfriend" seems to be pregnant at the moment, so I know how hard it is to find decent homes for kittens. Otherwise, put up a post on this site and I'd agree with the whole 10euro thing ~ only people who are genuinely interested in having the kittens as pets will be willing to pay money for them.
    I'd take them myself, but we have three at the moment, so I think i'd be shot if I brought another home!!
    Best of luck and I hope they all find good homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Try & get them used to people now and handle them a lot. If they become timid it'll be even harder to rehome them.

Don't doubt the power of some cute photos! Make up a poster & display in vet offices - most will let you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

www.donedeal.ie has a section for cats. This is the site where our nine year old sourced our two much loved cocker spaniel pups and then blackmailed us with cute pictures until we gave in :D
    I had a quick look now and there are a few kittens on offer free to a good home - might be worth a go.

Advertisement