Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Online with Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 13-05-2010 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hey guys! i was wondering do any of you have any hints/tips to speed up mobile broadband? Because there is nothing worse when your having a really intense online battle and then it starts to lag or this pops up ' Connection failed to Playstation Network' BASTARDS!!

so if you guys have any helpful suggestions please share because my broadband is a piece of **** :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Honestly, dont bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Koone_20

Bush80 wrote: »
    Honestly, dont bother.

ah but sometimes it plays perfectly with zero lag. It's just the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hey man, yeah its was pretty much unplayable when I was playing you earlier, I honestly dunno how you put up with it.

People like myself though who play a lot offline develop a lot less tolerance for laggy games also so maybe your just used to it.

But it was pretty damn horrible. So bad that the second I played you I instantly thought 'is this guy using mobile broadband to play :O?'

Anyway I'm curios as to how you connect your ps3 to it, I assume you set a pc or laptop in the house to receive a shared net connection and connect your ps3 to that wirelessly?

You could try using an network cable maybe..

Honestly though if your doing online gaming and especially a game that requires a perfect connection like a fighting game... you shouldnt be using mobile broadband.

The cheapest standard bb package wouldn't have much of a price difference I'd imagine, and it'd make a world of difference.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Works fine for me, I'm on o2.

Just don't play against anyone from further than Europe.(SSFIV)

jayteecork wrote: »
    Works fine for me, I'm on o2.

Just don't play against anyone from further than Europe.(SSFIV)

yeah its not usually laggy, just sometimes. Damn the French have a great reception! haha

• Advertisement

@ Sisko its 3 mobile broadband and wifi so i just turn the wifi on and set it anywere and connect it to the ps3 that way, and its never usually THAT laggy either, guess it was just a weak time in the day. I would get faster broadband but i signed up to an 18th month contract so i'm kinda screwed until then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you don't play offline, don't say it isn't laggy, you have no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Koone_20 wrote: »
    @ Sisko its 3 mobile broadband and wifi so i just turn the wifi on and set it anywere and connect it to the ps3 that way, and its never usually THAT laggy either, guess it was just a weak time in the day. I would get faster broadband but i signed up to an 18th month contract so i'm kinda screwed until then :/

Ah I see, stinger.

Just so I understand your using one of those usb dongles yeah? What do you mean by wifi? Like whats the usb dongle connected to?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'm in the same boat as yourself Koone but like everyone else said, you'll rarely get a game with zero lag. You really need to be playing someone from IRL/UK or france and that have a good connection to get anywhere but unfortunately, outside of that, you're pretty much screwed. I played some lad called GAV147 (IRL) a couple days ago and had a full bar connection with him but there was still a little bit of lag. Besides, not only is it not playable, I noticed that if you play online too much when you're used to lag, you'd have to throw out certain parts of your play in online play and you may eventually get used to playing that way, messing you up for tournaments. I can feel your pain since I can't realistically play SF online.

Still, you can do what I do :). Revert to good 'ole SSF2T HDR where you can get many lagless games.

yeah its a usb dongle, i dont plug it into anything except its charger, it's all wireless.

yeah i play mostly people from ire and the uk and its not too bad, but i have a friend of mine from the u.s and we never ever had a laggy match. He must have a realllly good internet reception. lol yeah i might do that i havnt had a game of SSF2HDR in a while actually :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement