Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus lane inbound on Mulgrave St

Options
  • 13-05-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

What the heck is the point of it?

Some fool put parking in a bus lane. Why?

The bus enters at Munster fair tavern area only to have to leave by the big JC Decaux sign to enter again at St Josephs to leave again at the Prison.

Why did the council waste so much money?

BTW, it has operating times on it so when its outside of those hours the rules of the road say we SHOULD be driving in it, treating it like a chicane frightening the people driving in the right hand lane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Meaning to start a thread on this for a while now. It's a disgrace. I nearly wet myself when I seen the parking spaces in the bus lane. Traffic management in Limerick is sh1t in general anyway.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I think that the idea is during open times the car parking spaces are supposed to be clear leaving a clean run from the pub into the prison. But let's face it, it's never going to happen that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

What a waste of time. Spoke to wife's family who live on that road & allegedly they have it in writing from Limerick Corp that they will be able to remain parking outside their houses for years to come. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. Out Raheen way, the bus lane is 24/7 with no parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

The bus drivers a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

I'm a resident (unfortunately) where this bus lane is and we got a letter from the City Council stating that the bus lane is operational for about 2hrs in the morning and 2hrs in the evening, something like 7.30-9.30 and 4.30-6.30.
    And they've brought in pay and display parking outside all the houses from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, so all the residents have to apply for residential parking permits. Another pointless exercise as parking is at its worst when Limerick Senior College is on and when the greyhound racing is on, which is from around 7pm on. Its bad at the weekends aswell when people park on Mulgrave Street and walk into town.

It seems to me they're just looking for jobs for the boys. One of the engineers informed me some of the road is going to have to come up again soon to do work on the drains anyway.
    Its almost like they are told by admin - do this. Then someone else 3mths later says - do this. Obviously no working relationship between the different departments.
    All a crazy waste of money and council time if you ask me.

Plus no traffic warden is going to walk up from the city centre in the hope of catching someone (well maybe for the first week or two), when he could hand out tickets in the city centre all day and not break a sweat.

The only good point of the works is the removal of the overhead electricity wires to improve the appearance of the area, and now the stone footpaths improve the look of the area aswell. However this has nothing to do with the Council as the engineer informed me its part of ESB urban regeneration project and the reinstatement of the new footpaths is at ESB Networks cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Gymsey wrote: »
    And they've brought in pay and display parking outside all the houses from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, so all the residents have to apply for residential parking permits.

:eek: Wow - They really are determined to make sure nobody ever visits Limerick City Centre and spends money in any of its shops and businesses.

- Soon enough the only operation left open in Limerick will be City Hall, the Lair of the Morons who destroyed Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Gymsey wrote: »
    Plus no traffic warden is going to walk up from the city centre in the hope of catching someone (well maybe for the first week or two), when he could hand out tickets in the city centre all day and not break a sweat.

Believe it or not they will and do. I've seen them as far afield as New Street (Punches Cross) and out the Ennis Road, They do travel for tickets, sure they probably won't be out there on a Saturday. But you'll see them out there during the week no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Dont mind that.... i was coming round from the horse and hound over by the back of the jail on the new traffic system and there were the fools putting a bus stop about 4 feet from the bend!!! how many people are going to go straight into the back of a bus there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

how many people are going to go straight into the back of a bus there!

This is my bus stop and as long as stupid drivers (sorry, having to get busses for college every day has given me rage against private mototists!) dont park in the space designated for the bus stop(and this goes for every bus stop all over the city) there won't be any accidents!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    This is my bus stop and as long as stupid drivers (sorry, having to get busses for college every day has given me rage against private mototists!) dont park in the space designated for the bus stop(and this goes for every bus stop all over the city) there won't be any accidents!!

i dont understand this....you come over the new road from say the limerick brakes side...and are heading round the back of the jail...its right on a bloddy bend....its border line needing slinky buses just so it can be used!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

i dont understand this....you come over the new road from say the limerick brakes side...and are heading round the back of the jail...its right on a bloddy bend....its border line needing slinky buses just so it can be used!

There's no other place to put it! :(

Advertisement