Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Management Software

Options
  • 13-05-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I work in a small shop in town and we are looking to get some database software for managing our printing orders.
    We need to keep track of things like customer details, job details, aswell as notes about the job.
    We want to be able to search through by name or other details and have all the info in a fairly user friendly table.
    Finally, we want to be able to edit and view this database from a few different computers.

Can anyone recommend some software for us? I'm just presuming something like this exists...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Personally I'd write something myself but if you can't do that then you could use something like goldmine.

I used it before and it should suit your requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Is this what CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_relationship_management

http://www.networkuptime.com/tools/crms/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SugarCRM (Community edition is free but I haven'y used it)

Let me know if you need any help installing..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

techguy wrote: »
    Is this what CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is for? QUOTE]

No.

From your link: -

"
    The overall goals are to find, attract, and win new clients, nurture and retain those the company already has, entice former clients back into the fold, and reduce the costs of marketing and client service.
    "

OP never mentioned the relationship just practical customer detail and order management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

There should be something off the shelf vor you and you would be able to configure it to your needs.

Personnaly I'd have to say a bespoke development will give you exactly what you want but it will cost a bit more or not depending on your needs. But then again that might be because I do bespoke developments :).

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Thanks for the help. I've looked at some of those links but I'm not sure I can figure out how to setup that OpenBravo.
    Might be able to simplify this further. Basically what I need is something that would tie into an access style Database. We want to be able to pull up customers/order details when someone calls and then also log all communication as well as storing all details about the job.

Can anyone enlighten me further?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

QUOTE]Basically what I need is something that would tie into an access style Database[/QUOTE]
    do already have a database of orders etc? could you not get an additional form added to search by customer?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

maybe, have a look at vTigerCRM.
    they have a demo on their site for you to look at - but it can run very slow. I can tell you when installed locally it is not slow.

It's a CRM but allows you to define product (physical & services), sales orders & Invoices. It's not as complex as something like openBravo (whose POS is nice but I would lean towards Adempiere for functionality).

vTigerCRM is an xAMP application so easily installed and should be light enough for you to use some basic HW as a server. The other computers can then access via their browsers.

ps. open office has a simple access type db application!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

E39MSport wrote: »
    techguy wrote: »
    Is this what CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is for? QUOTE]

No.

From your link: -

"
    The overall goals are to find, attract, and win new clients, nurture and retain those the company already has, entice former clients back into the fold, and reduce the costs of marketing and client service.
    "

OP never mentioned the relationship just practical customer detail and order management.

Oh ok.. I've never really read up on CRM or used anyt kind of product. I thought this was the kind of application suited to it.

Advertisement