Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms response to packet loss

• 13-05-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

So after being told that they were to upgrade the exchange this month, which I didnt believe for a second I get this from Eircom. So their response to consistant packet loss at peak times is:
    There are no plans at present to upgrade Inch St. Lawrence to ADSL2+ but it is planned that it will be migrated to NGN around November 2010 so that will allow it to facilitate ADSL2+.

I have also been informed that refunds are not offered for slow speeds in exchanges, only for down time or loss of service. As no fault was found on your line I have been advised there is no refund option.

I've actually changed my mind, I think closing them might be the best thing for this country.

So those of you who are experiencing packet loss in the areas surrounding Limerick, you'll just have to put up with it until AT LEAST November.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Xennon wrote: »
    So after being told that they were to upgrade the exchange this month, which I didnt believe for a second I get this from Eircom. So their response to consistant packet loss at peak times is:

I've actually changed my mind, I think closing them might be the best thing for this country.

So those of you who are experiencing packet loss in the areas surrounding Limerick, you'll just have to put up with it until AT LEAST November.

Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

thats just taking the piss, ive only started to get packet loss now and i have to wait till November to get it sorted :O

eircoms fault department can expect a call from me every day untill its sorted the only way to get anything from this sort of company is to pester them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

stand in the reception of their corporate headquarters to make your telephone calls to their complaints department. Speakerphone helps immensely with the cringe factor of any eircom staff passing by - it certainly made the telephone line in my house be activated within a day...

Advertisement