Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wuthering Heights for comparative...!

Options
  • 13-05-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Ok wuthering heights is one of my texts for the comparative question but when I try to study it I don't know where to start! Does anyone know the key scenes to study or any other tips at all on Wuthering Heights? Thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Im doing it as Single Text :(
    • Lockwoods impression of the house
    • Heathcliff and his arrival
    • Catherine and Nelly "I am Heathcliff" *
    • Heathcliff returns
    • Catherine at window when sick
    • Heathcliff's quote to Hareton when Hindley dies "Now my bonny lad.."
    • Catherines death - "Im dying for it" *
    • Heathcliff's grief - "Haunt me" *
    • Nelly's description of Cathy Linton as a child (only when refering to Cathy Linton character, or Catherine V Young Catherine)
    • Heathcliff's death
    • The peace Lockwood witnesses after
    Cultural context: A point you could make is the atmosphere and hostility Hcliff caused die with him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

MagsK93 wrote: »
    Ok wuthering heights is one of my texts for the comparative question but when I try to study it I don't know where to start! Does anyone know the key scenes to study or any other tips at all on Wuthering Heights? Thanks:D
    just to say i am a bronte nut,[i am even going to haworth next week for a holiday] start with the author,emily bronte 1818-1848,who in wuthering heights expressed the intensity and nature mysticism.sorry but i only wish i could take your place, also check out the bronte museum web,then you will understand the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

MagsK93 wrote: »

What are your other texts and your comparative modes? You'd probably get more help with this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

Thanks for the help:) the other texts are casablanca and dancing at lughnasa

Advertisement