Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batavus-Professional-Columbus Advice/Offers Anyone

• 13-05-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey i have the above named bike. The Batavus-Professional-Columbus. The bike is in pretty good nick, apart from needing a new groupset. Currently it has the Ultegra group set.

The bike was top of its class at the time, i think maybe the Sean Kelly era. Im at a crossroads at the minute deciding what to do regarding an upgrade. I am open to offers on the bike, as the frame itself is worth about €250-€300. However i dont know if i should keep the bike and upgrade the gearset and maybe one or two parts etc, or sell the bike and buy something around the €1000 mark..I have been told by a bike mechanic that i would not notice a difference say between a Trek1200 and my own, even though mine is 20 years old or there abouts..

The other thing, if i do keep the bike, what does anyone think about respraying the bike. Does that take away from the re-sale/originality value of the bike? i was thinking maybe matt black!

So any advice or offers on the bike are welcome, i can send pictures if needed.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Can you post the pics? What size? The Batavus bikes were lovely looking. I probably couldn't afford to make an offer, but would love to see it.

Advertisement