Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOME OR SCHOOL?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Ive been home since tuesday. Anyone staying up to study for the next few days????:) Good idea? Bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Staying up late? Good idea !! I'm planning on doing that... but I'm gonna be in school too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Like, nothings happenin down in school atm.. Im torn.
    To go or not to go is the question:D

Go i'd say!! With less people in school you can get to ask all the Qs you want / get extra help / or any last min predictons the teachers may have been holding back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I'm only doing my JC, but we are also getting the option next week :p I'm going to stay in school because when I look at it i get what? 5-6 hours supervised study in school, but if I was at home I would prob get around 2? Too many distractions :rolleyes:

Go i'd say!! With less people in school you can get to ask all the Qs you want / get extra help / or any last min predictons the teachers may have been holding back :D

WHY do they do that :( everyother school has gotten predictions except ours . *5yr old tantrum* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I don't wanna miss the next week of school (the last week) because there's so much going on - yearbook photos, last week parties, graduation t-shirts, graduation preparation, prizegiving, last bit of banter etc... Also I need to hand in essays/get work back from teachers and the like.
    However I wish I could take the week off, as we do NOTHING in school and keep getting loads of homework! Lay off already!

I know what you mean! Our teachers havent given us like heres a list of what I think will come up , but some have kinda just been like 'oh I'd be very surprised if that does'nt come up' ! I dont mind tooo much tbh, I can see other peoples and schools on this and make up my own mind on whats gonna come up cause I'd be afraid I'd just learn the teachers predictions, and if they are wrong I'd be screwwwed!

zam wrote: »
    I don't wanna miss the next week of school (the last week) because there's so much going on - yearbook photos, last week parties, graduation t-shirts, graduation preparation, prizegiving, last bit of banter etc... Also I need to hand in essays/get work back from teachers and the like.
    However I wish I could take the week off, as we do NOTHING in school and keep getting loads of homework! Lay off already!

Oh Ill be goin in for that defo :D:D:D:D

Agreed with h/w issue tho :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'm definatly staying in school.Think about it,these are our last few weeks in school for the rest of our lives,I wanna enjoy as much of it as I can.Gonna be a sad day the last time we hear the bell ring:(

gant0 wrote: »
    I'm definatly staying in school.Think about it,these are our last few weeks in school for the rest of our lives,I wanna enjoy as much of it as I can.Gonna be a sad day the last time we hear the bell ring:(

And it'll be even sadder if a teacher yells last minute :(:( sniff ill miss those degrading comments . 6TH year ones were the best comments:) "YOUR NEVER GONNA GET THOSE POINTS YOU ALL WANT IF YOU DONT PULL THE HAND OUT"

hhaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I don't go in got certain classes because my school is a joke. The only class I am attending is history French maths and geography...
    I get so much more done at home..:/

fufureida wrote: »
    I don't go in got certain classes because my school is a joke. The only class I am attending is history French maths and geography...
    I get so much more done at home..:/
    agree! my irish class is a joke, 3 wks left and shes still shouting at lads to stop spraying eachother with water :confused: aaallll year long. funny at first. after a while, not so much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm not finished some of my subjects so I'm staying in to get everything done and in others i'm doing revision. There's only one class I don't do much in but it'd be too much hassle going home only to come back in again forty minutes later. There's about 8 out of 20 in my class who have just left to study and my teachers arn't happy with them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Im taking tomorrow off, it will be my first day off, the only thing I feel i should be in school for is maths. So I'll see how tomorrow goes and then make a descion.

We are meant to be coming in at the moment though. I can see the principal getting angry if I just come in for one class each day... i was going to do it tomorrow but then the car brokedown...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm having a panic attack on the amount of work I need to get done!! I'm im only going in for maths tommorow ... That's it... I want EVERYTHING for English geography and art history completed by tommorow so I cam start studying them...!!

Only thing is I'm screwed for king Lear... :( studying that alllll Saturday...

Damn school! Why cant it be more productive?! * explodes *

Advertisement