Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I sit the GAMSAT in the third year of my degree ?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I am currently in the first year of my degree course and would like to begin studying medicine straight after I finish or as soon after as possible.

Since the GAMSAT is valid for 2 years, does this mean I could sit the exam in London and Ireland in the third year of my degree course and it would still be valid when I apply, or would I have to wait until my final year ?

I'd love to get it over with before my final year if that is at all possible ! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Don Keypunch

Yeah thats entirely doable, you could study throughout your summer holidays adter second year and sit it in Sept when your in 3rd year and again in March, and twice again in 4th if you want. If you really want to prepare for the GAMSAT you could sit it this Sept and March, I know your results will be expired by the time you apply but if money is not a probelm it would be great preparation, plus you may encounter questions which will come up again in the following years. People who sit the GAMSAT 2-3 times have answered the same Q in different GAMSAT's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Yeah thats entirely doable, you could study throughout your summer holidays adter second year and sit it in Sept when your in 3rd year and again in March, and twice again in 4th if you want. If you really want to prepare for the GAMSAT you could sit it this Sept and March, I know your results will be expired by the time you apply but if money is not a probelm it would be great preparation, plus you may encounter questions which will come up again in the following years. People who sit the GAMSAT 2-3 times have answered the same Q in different GAMSAT's.

Thanks a lot for the response ! That's great to hear ! I intend to study myself silly this Summer, in second year, and in the Summer after second year, so hopefully that will put me up with a good chance ! Now, to find a study group in UCC.. :)

Thank you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Don Keypunch

What you doing in college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

As insanely random as it may sound, I'm actually doing Computer Science in UCC, so I will need to do some serious study to have any hope ! I plan to do it though ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ojomhgoek

I'm doing the same thing, just finishing second year now and I want to go straight into medicine after final year. I haven't met anyone who has done this but hopefully is it manageable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

im in fourth year now. planning on going straight into med. sat it in march. my advice... sit the exam in september in london. the experience of sitting the exam is priceless. you learn about timing, learn about what you need to work on and how to study (don't memorize loads of formulas). get the experience of sitting the exam. most people in GEM do it at least twice.

Advertisement