Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAI block Barcelona playing Limerick FC in Thomond Park.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

No wonder football is going backwards under the FAI they haven't a clue :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I've almost no interest in soccer but can see the huge potential that a club like Barca visiting Limerick would bring to the hundreds of thousands of local (and none local) fans of all ages. I can't believe the pettiness of the FAI in refusing to sanction this match going ahead. I've already emailed the FAI through the link given earlier. Oh to be the laughing stock of europe again through the blazer brigade's antics. Do the not honestly realise that Barca could have chosen virtually any club or any pitch in the whole of europe to visit and we turn them down !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SickenedOnYou

This situation got absolutely no coverage on the RTE 9:00 news! What is goin on in this country? Fair play to most of the newspapers, but considering there is "10,000,000" at stake for the mid western region the media coverage by RTE is pathetic. Meanwhile they spent 5 minutes talking about commerating the famine and an African fair, the RTE need to get their priorities right. I bet if there was a drug seziur worth 20,000 in Limerick it would have got 10 minutes air time. God forbid they say something that won't give us a negative image here in Limerick. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Does this guy run the FAI? Or is he going to bring ten millionseses to Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i have looked at a few of the sunday papers, they cover the fai with schit over the incident

• Advertisement

I'm going to email this legend and ask him to put bad juju on John Delaney and the rest of his gimps in the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please stop posting 'funny' pictures on thread (they're not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I forwarded my email to the FAI onto Liveline.
    Just recieved an email back asking for my contact number.

Okay, I'm going to be on Live Line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Give them hell man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Haha, good man. Do you know if you'll be on from the start?

When are you going to be on? i'll listen out for you?

I'm on around 2ish I was told.
    Should be a laugh.

Hope to get some good points accross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'm on around 2ish I was told.
    Should be a laugh.

Hope to get some good points accross.

Make a brief list of the points you want to make. Try not to get dragged into bickering about things, just say the important stuff.

It's probably worth asking if the FAI had made clubs aware that they were not to arrange friendlies as that "right" has seemingly been given to a third party. Neither Limerick or the FAI have clarified who can actually arrange friendlies now, afaik. Clearly the clubs can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

flutered wrote: »
    the loi are not orgasizing it so probably no kick back for them, as the op said if a club from dublin was involved it would be a no brainer.

It's not a Dublin thing, its a money thing. Bohs were approached about Barca before Limerick, but the FAI dismissed us out of hand. Whether or not we'd have had somewhere big enough to play it is another thing, but its not a Dublin bias thats stopping this game, its the money hungry pricks in abbotstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Best of luck

Shammy wrote: »
    Best of luck

give em stick and show them up for what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Just saw this, has Karmafarie been on yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Not yet anyway

I'm assuming I'm not appearing after all.
    They told me i'd be getting a call around two, and seeing as the shows over in 15 minutes, I guess they changed their minds.

They asked me if I was going to be abusive towards Deleany, and I said no.

Maybye that's what they were looking for!:p

A bit of a kop out that they didn't call even to say it wasn't going ahead.

Then again, there's still a few minutes left, so who knows.

• Advertisement

Lads, I am afraid ye are wasting your time emailing the FAI. Those fcuking scumbags will take no notice of ye. They have balls of brass and will try to brazen it out. I think it would be a much better idea to email The Minister for Sport, Mary Hanafin. She might be able to bring some pressure to bear on them to reverse their joke of a decision. mary.hanafin@oireachtas.ie

Mr E wrote: »
    Please stop posting 'funny' pictures on thread (they're not)

Humour is a very subjective matter. I personally fell of my chair and near split my head open, such were my paroxysms of laughter at my own wit. However I am easily amused and can understand how others might not share my joy.

They called me to let me know that due to the discussion on child abuse in the clergy, they weren't able to get to the LFC vs FCB issue.

Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

They called me to let me know that due to the discussion on child abuse in the clergy, they weren't able to get to the LFC vs FCB issue.

Oh well.

Can it not be brought up tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

At 7.30 today (during the FAI cup draw live on TV) Fran Gavin reiterated that the FAI had made Limerick aware of the contractual obligations regarding attendance limits of friendlies to 15,000 (Delaney had said the same yesterday on radio with Marian Finucane, but had mentioned 20,000).

Then tonight, their communications director admitted that they'd never been told about it all.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0518/1224270599758.html
    Speaking yesterday, however, the association’s communications director, Peter Sherrard, confirmed the clubs had never actually been told of any such restriction. Rather, they are simply obliged to accept the association has a power of veto thanks to the sweeping nature of the licensing agreement which all clubs are forced to sign if they want to take part in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Can it not be brought up tomorrow!

Sure it could, doubt at this stage the game will go ahead however Limerick may be going down the legal route with the backing of the entire League of Ireland clubs.
    They have had enough of the FAI and this is the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of them.

I am however shocked at lack of outcry from the majority of our local politicians like their was on Good Friday, this town is dying a slow death and here was a chance to pump millions into the town. Limerick FC is used to city hall not knowing it even existed but with the national media going ballistic all week you'd think a few more other than Sinn Fein would have took notice.

Where is the Mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

osarusan wrote: »
    At 7.30 today (during the FAI cup draw live on TV) Fran Gavin reiterated that the FAI had made Limerick aware of the contractual obligations regarding attendance limits of friendlies to 15,000 (Delaney had said the same yesterday on radio with Marian Finucane, but had mentioned 20,000).

Then tonight, their communications director admitted that they'd never been told about it all.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0518/1224270599758.html

Pointless from the fai at this stage, they have tripped over so many lies and been found out over the last few days that they should just come out, and say we're just a horrible shower of kunts and thats that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Sure it could, doubt at this stage the game will go ahead however Limerick may be going down the legal route with the backing of the entire League of Ireland clubs.
    They have had enough of the FAI and this is the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of them.

I am however shocked at lack of outcry from the majority of our local politicians like their was on Good Friday, this town is dying a slow death and here was a chance to pump millions into the town. Limerick FC is used to city hall not knowing it even existed but with the national media going ballistic all week you'd think a few more other than Sinn Fein would have took notice.

Where is the Mayor?

Probably still singing his own praise and thinking he is bigger than the catholic church after the good Friday thing.
    It just goes to show that because Munster have a lot more fans that politicians will jump all over it. They all disgust me.

how come the bould wod is silent on this, not enough votes in it, interesting that the clubs have to accept certain things if they are to get a licence, i am sure that limerick fc and other clubs would accept a cap on attendances, also it is amazing that one employee of the fai do not know fai policy delaney 15,000 attendance when in fact it is 20,000, or does himself and galvin think they are the fai. i bet if st michaels in tipp went about it they would have got the game, as delaney is always loud in his praise of both t lewis and g lowrey.

• Advertisement

The FAI are cornered now, they have lost the support of the club's. With the clubs threatning to pull away from the FAI out of the league of ireland, and Limerick threatning legal action with their support, this is not over yet.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/plot-thickens-in-friendly-farce-with-clubs-backing-limericks-stance-and-fai-statement-adding-to-confusion-2183445.html

Advertisement