Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer suggestions for business card use :)

Options
  • 13-05-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm running a small company from home and I've been let down by my printers a couple of times in the past, and more recently my at home printer has broken down. So i'm deciding to buy a new printer; I was wondering anyone able to suggest a printer that would be good for business cards and flyers etc.???

Thanks you! :)

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I would get things like that professionally printed. If you print them on a home printer they will look shabby and very unprofessional and do you business no good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

mood wrote: »
    I would get things like that professionally printed. If you print them on a home printer they will look shabby and very unprofessional and do you business no good at all.

Agreed plus it often works out cheaper to get them professionally done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

not to mention the paper weight(thickness) used for business cards can vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gomaith2010

Get them done professionally. Most people are very fussy nowadays about presentation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I agree with getting them done professionally, definitely worth it. Options:

Cheap
    Optimal Print www.optimalprint.co.uk

Cheap
    VistaPrint www.vistaprint.com

Expensive but high quality
    Printing.com www.printing.com

I've been customer of all 3, would recommend the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

€6.35 for 250 cards delivered from vistaprint (the 'free' ones) :D Some of them look pretty nice too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Bear in mind the paper or card weight used. If you have some, look through (and close your eyes and feel through) a few different business cards you have already.

Some of the printers will send you out a sample pack with one of each of the types of card they supply - I know printing.com does this.

Advertisement