Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone actually running this site?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

well obviously yes,
    i could probabaly get myself banned for some shenanigans within the hour.
    so there must be somone running the show

but its been FIVE MONTHS since this site security was comprimised.
    and still nobody has taken 2 minutes to verify my identity, despite a few polite emails thousands of hours of patience.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

You were one of over 5000 users who have emailed us. We're still trying to get through them and do our normal day-to-day jobs too which means we can't spend all day on it I'm afraid. I'm sorry it's taking so long for you, but there are only two of us doing this job - we had some temps in to help when the attack happened and that helped clear the backlog.

As you have been told via email, you haven't provided us sufficient information in order to verify your account so we're not sure what we can do for you without putting your account at risk. We need to check with the Data Commissioners as to what we can do in cases such as yours.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

Hey Dav,
    Thanks for the reply (genuinely),

I appreciate the scale of the task. and have tried to provide as much
    info as i can (including ip address which may show up on logs?)
    as well as photo evidence, via email, of uncommon items to which i had referred in my posts as c-note.

As c-note i was logged on almost every day (for about a year)
    and since the attack, nada obviously [so where has c-note gone?].

i just feel that if someone spent 3 mins considering my case they'd see theres an overwhelming body of evidence to suggest i am who i say i am...

talk of the data commisioner just seems like overkill^googleplex
    when a bit of CS is all thats needed.

anyhoo Thanks for the reply
    (maybe this belongs in Ranting&Raving!)

Advertisement