Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some reasons why gloomy forecasts may be wrong

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Im in good full time employment, loads of overtime if i want, times are great for people like me, great value in everything these days, so the recession most be a great thing for a lot of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

mathie wrote: »
    Does anyone have a rebuttal of these?
    They seem fairly sound.

6 - Commissioned by KBC bank aka Austin Hughes & ESRI (http://www.esri.ie/irish_economy/consumer_sentiment/latest_consumer_sentiment/)
    The same Austin Hughes who fed us rosy BS during the bubble until he went off the radar when the crash came mainstream.

Oh and the partly govt funded ESRI have been consistently wrong in their predictions year in year out in good times & bad times hence they are discredited.

7 - "Department Stores; Pharmacies, Clothing and Footwear and Electrical Goods all posted healthy year-on-year rises in February"

Have a look at deflation and what areas have been falling in price. This accounts for Department Stores, Clothing and Footwear & Electrical Goods(this one is surprising though I did buy a new tv last year :)). When things become cheap, they do entice shoppers in.

Pharmacies - We got swine flu. Even I went mental on getting medicines back in June & Sept. I also have Manflu(:D) at the moment and expect my contribution to help this sector for May's figures :P

Advertisement