Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20 stolen bikes found in container

• 13-05-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

20 stolen bikes found in a container in Parnell street
    At last they have being caught, they have being selling stolen bikes from the carwash on Parnell street for too long. it was reported in the herald that some of the bikes were taken from the collage of surgeons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

fu.king scum,crap like this makes my blood boil.pi$$ off and buy your bikes like the rest of us you robbing chav wa.kers!!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

fu.king scum,crap like this makes my blood boil.pi$$ off and buy your bikes like the rest of us you robbing chav wa.kers!!..

could be worse ,they could be in your kitchen to nite

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

jwshooter wrote: »
    could be worse ,they could be in your kitchen to nite
    funny you say that,they where last weekend,thats as far as they got though thank god..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Ha ha I gots a Idea.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    Hope all the guys on here who have had a bike stolen in the last couple of weeks get to the cop shop to see if there bikes were in those found, good luck to them.
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

funny you say that,they where last weekend,thats as far as they got though thank god..

i hope that went ok for u .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

mgbgt0_0 wrote: »
    At last they have being caught, they have being selling stolen bikes from the carwash on Parnell street for too long. it was reported in the herald that some of the bikes were taken from the collage of surgeons

That place has been known for years as a place that was selling stolen bikes.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/72315

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

jwshooter wrote: »
    i hope that went ok for u .

yeah,

they just rustled up some McCain oven chips for Franner and off they went,

nice guys really :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

What I don't get is why the cops have appeared to do nothing for so long (years!) when the dogs on the street knew what was going on. Very fishy. Something wrong here. Were they immune for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

mgbgt0_0 wrote: »

Thats great news! Where did ya hear about this do? I recently had my own bike stolen in the Dublin 1 area so maybe its in this container? How would I find out? Or if my bike was one of the bikes found should they not get in contact with me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭mgbgt0_0

It was in the evening Herald on Thursday
    You could try the local Garda station they should have a list of bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

God the guards really are such wasters, one of the scumbags must have given a guard a bit of cheek and they finally decided to show him who's boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

There used to be another house on the North Circular Road in Phibsboro that used to sell dubiously acquired bicycles. I always presumed that the guards tolerated such enterprises in return for "word on the street" information.

"A police is only as good as his informants" - Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland

Advertisement