Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mistaken lyrics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

No, Prof. Widow lyrics go...........honey bring it close to my, honey bring it close to my lips. It's gotta be big, it's gotta be big.

She is talking about willies.

No, she's not. Here are the original lyrics:
    Slag pit
    Stag sh*t
    Honey bring it close to my lips
    Yes

Don't blow those brains yet
    We gotta be big boy
    We gotta be big

Starf*cker just like my Daddy
    Just like my Daddy selling his baby
    Just like my Daddy
    Gonna strike a deal made him feel
    Like a congressman
    It runs in the family

The bolded parts appear in the remix. He hardly overdubbed the lyric with a new vocal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

There was a really bad dance song out years ago that’s lyrics were ‘Im horny, horny, horny, horny’. Well my slightly deaf Grandfather thought it was ‘Im honey…..’. You can imagine my horror when I had friends over and my grandfather walking around singing that! :eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    There was a really bad dance song out years ago that’s lyrics were ‘Im horny, horny, horny, horny’. Well my slightly deaf Grandfather thought it was ‘Im honey…..’. You can imagine my horror when I had friends over and my grandfather walking around singing that! :eek::o
    Oh God. That reminds me of the car journey on holidays to Dingle where my Mum mortified me by demonstrating in front of my new best friend that she new all the words to the Blood Hound Gang's bad touch
    Please turn me on I'm Mister Coffee with an automatic drip
    So show me yours I'll show you mine "Tool Time" you'll Lovett just like Lyle
    And then we'll do it doggy style so we can both watch "X-Files"

Do it now

You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals
    So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel
    Do it again now

I don't know where she learned it from, but we just sat there in mortified silence not knowing whether to laugh or feign deafness. That song has never been the same to me (or I would wager, my friend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

later10 wrote: »
    Oh God. That reminds me of the car journey on holidays to Dingle where my Mum mortified me by demonstrating in front of my new best friend that she new all the words to the Blood Hound Gang's bad touch
    Please turn me on I'm Mister Coffee with an automatic drip
    So show me yours I'll show you mine "Tool Time" you'll Lovett just like Lyle
    And then we'll do it doggy style so we can both watch "X-Files"
    Do it now
    You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals
    So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel
    Do it again now
    I don't know where she learned it from, but we just sat there in mortified silence not knowing whether to laugh or feign deafness. That song has never been the same to me (or I would wager, my friend)

:pac: Then you know my shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 46 username_eh?

alexa5x5 wrote: »

when i was younger i thought it was honey too untill one day when i was like 14 and was shocked to my core at what i heard when i actually listened to it properly :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I was about 3 I thought the Brotherhood of Man song "Save all your Kisses for Me" was "Save your Fishfingers for Tea"
    Was another song around the same time David Soul "Silver Lady". He sings "the Indiana wind and rain cuts through me" ( I think!) . I used to go around singing "the hippy on the windowpane":o.
    That Macy Gray song where she sings "my world crumbles when you're not around", used to think it was " I blow bubbles when you're not around"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Flincher wrote: »
    My sister is fairly shocking for those. That really annoying James Blunt song, he sings "I saw an angel, of that I'm sure". She sang, I saw an angel, of Adam Shaw".

I was sure those were the lyrics!

Anyway, the Motorhead song "Ace of Spades" where Lemmy sings "double up or quit", I always thought it was "double up her clit".

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

In Spain years ago...a sing song started in the Irish pub...
    Everyone: "Ive been a wild rover for many a year...."
    Me: "and Ive spent all my money on fixing my ear"....
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

'I was shakin like a leaf' instead of 'I was shakin at the knees' ACDC Thunderstruck - Thought this until very recently...

'Four Hundred Children and a Crock (of a Car) in the field' instead of 'Four hungry children, not a crop in the fields' Chris Christopherson You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille - When I was a kid and my dad listened to Chris...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

pmsl, this thread is deadly :D
    tracey chapmans fast car, i used to think it was
    "and your arms and legs around my shoulders" wtf:eek:
    instead of "your arms felt nice around my shoulders"

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

My mom was convinced the song 'She moves in her own way' was about the talking car Herbie.

She used to sing along with it, 'I love Herbie 'cos she moves in her own way'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I used to think in that 4 Non Blondes song ‘What’s going On’ when she sings “I pray every single day – For a Revolution”
    That she was saying “I pray at the sink all day...”
    I thought it was some feminist call to arms or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

or in the case of j-los so "cause tonite we gon break hips on de floor"

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

orourkeda wrote: »
    I used to think that song "suicide blonde" by inxs was " slip inside the bomb "

I used to think it was "Soup inside a bowl"

I also used to think the lyrics to The Shamen - Move any Mountain - "I can move, move, move any mountain" was "I can moo moo moo in the mountains"

And most recently I thought the start of The Kooks - Shine on - which is "Safety Pins" was "Stacy-Kins"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭heidi_ho

Don Henley song poison summer "i can tell you, my love for you will still be strong after the poison summer has gone".... years later i found out it was Boys of Summer..

and also "when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie thats amore..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Garth brooks song ''Shameless'' lol, herself thought he was saying ''I'm Seamus''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When I was a kid I thought the last line of the National Anthem

"Seo libh canaig Amhrán na bhFiann"

was

"Shoving Packie Around the Field.":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Savage Garden's "Truly Madly Deeply

Actual Words: I wanna lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me

My Words: I wanna lay like this forever, until this guy falls down on me

Eiffel 65's "I'm Blue"

I always thought it was "I'm blue and I'm in need of a guy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Better days aside - Betty davis eyes!
    Poison summer has gone - boys of summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Back in the day I thought The Kooks - Naive was " I know she knows that I'm not on the roster "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Cars - Let the Good Times Roll

"Let them leave you up in the air
    Let them brush your rock and roll hair"

What's that? I didn't mishear them? Those are the actual lyrics? :eek:

Jaysus that's sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You can stand under my armed beretta, beretta beretta, hey hey hey, under my armed beretta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

flahavaj wrote: »
    When I was a kid I thought the last line of the National Anthem

"Seo libh canaig Amhrán na bhFiann"

was

"Shoving Packie Around the Field.":pac:

My dad used to sing it as

"Chasing colleens around the field!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

In that Red Hot Chili Pepeprs song

I used to think that

" with the birds I share this lonely view "

was actually

" with the buzzer shed it's a lonely view"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Just remembered now, when I was a kid I thought that ABBA's Thank You For the Music went "Who could live without it? I'm askin' all on the street" instead of "I ask in all honesty".

Was picturing some random woman hassling people on the street to find out what they would be without a song or a dance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Hot dog..

Jump in fire..

How about turkey?

(can't remember the song title!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I used to think "another face in the crowd" of It's my Life was "another fish in the crowd" it was only at my cousins wedding my error was pointed out to me.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Rammstein all of the lyrics i keep messing up...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

When i was younger i thought the lyrics: "I can see clearly now the rain is gone" was "I can see clearly now Lorraine is gone"

Never really understood what he had against her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

One could probably be forgiven for not understanding the lyrics of this song, but this is what it sounded like to me:

"and the Dj knows what his all followers are up to" - 00:26

"you know my mommy" at about - 00:40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That's the one, great stuff, thanks!

Now I can relive my childhood nightmares about the frog waiter...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shosh

"My love has got no money, He's got his TROMBOLIES":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

"Would you lie with me and just fork at the world"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Hot dog..

Jump in fire..

How about turkey?

(can't remember the song title!)

The King Of Rock'n Roll

Hot dog, jumping frog, albuquerque

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

My 6 yr old sings Horslips:
    "Trouble, Trouble, Trouble with a cup o' tea"

For those too young to remember, that should be "Trouble with a capital T"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭kegg

From the beatles song 'lucy in the sky with diamonds'......."the girl with colitis goes by". Sung by cousin a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭kegg

Zucherro & paul youngs "senza una donna". Sounds very like "sex on a doughnut" every time i hear it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Rammstein all of the lyrics i keep messing up...:pac:
    Yeah, it's as if the fúckers are speaking another language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"I'm blue and I'll steal or I'll die, and I'll steal or I'll die and I will steal or I'll die, and I'll steal or I'll die..."

Ara ya know the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

When Cliff Richard was singing 'wired for sound' I thought he was saying 'it's wider for some':confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

What an eejit. Everybody knows that Cweam's best song is "We Will Wok You". Duh!
    Pffff.... Bohemian Wapsody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

When Ronny Drew says the ladies lined up for the set in the Irish Rover I thought he was saying the ladies lined up for the sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

When we were kids (about 4 or 5), me & my brother were convinced that one of the songs in Barney went "Flying high in the sky and we fucking wave goodbye!" and were fairly keen on singing it in public...

My mum was horrified and spent weeks watching Barney, waiting for an episode with that particular song in it. Turns out it was actually "Flying high in the sky, we look back and wave goodbye" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Up until last week, karaoking to Van Halen Guitar Hero, I though the Jump lyric went "Maxwell jump" instead of "might as well jump." Got a real wtf? moment, laughed so much I couldn't finish the song...

Ah, it's catchier my way.

Go ahead and jump! Jump! Maxwell jump! Jump! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Thought the ending to the Arcade Fire song Wake Up was 'better look out for love!' Turns out it's 'better look out below!'

My perception of everything was shattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I was a young wan back around the time of italia 90. there was a song called " we're gonna start the fire" which was a remake of a song by sone group (? the clash ? the cure... not sure really). anyway, the lyrics were changed to reflect our world cup campaign. so, there was a line " north of Ireland, south of Ireland, only one can go". in my head however it was " knock the violence out of ireland , only one can go" and i thought it was a profound political statement.

yes, I was a bit of a muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

When you're 5, it's totally ok to go shopping with family singing Tina Turner's - Whats love got to do with it.

Except when you're absolutely certain (for many years) that the words are "What's love Dr. Do, Dr. Dolittle". Naturally all grown up songs revolved around my innocent world. Just like at christmas band aid confirmed the spelling of "No" by singing, "Do they know it's Christmas time...N...O!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭CroatoanCat

Some of these are class :D.

Way back when, a school mate of mine had the words of Madonna's "Borderline" a bit arseways.
    Instead of "You just keep on pushing my love/Over the borderline" she was convinced it was "You just keep on pushing my love/Over the Ford Orion"....

All kinds of deviant....

• Advertisement
Advertisement