Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mistaken lyrics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

When you're 5, it's totally ok to go shopping with family singing Tina Turner's - Whats love got to do with it.

Except when you're absolutely certain (for many years) that the words are "What's love Dr. Do, Dr. Dolittle". Naturally all grown up songs revolved around my innocent world.

I swear to God I cannot breathe from laughing at that... :D
    Rihanna has a bit where she chants in the middle of 'Please Don't Stop The Music' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8jh9QYfEs @2.34) and I still don't know what she says, but when I used to work in a bar in a nightclub I'd always sing "I'm insane, I'm a sign, I'm Microsoft." really quickly. :confused: It's a fit! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I remember when Rihanna's " Don't Stop the Music" came out a friend of mine swore blind that the chant you can hear in the background was " I believe in the sale of Microsoft" Its actually a sample saying "ma-mako, ma-ma-sa, mako-mako-ssa" but you couldn't tell her that. I sing her version now when I hear it :D

My sister had a friend in college who totally screwed up the lyrics to Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic" "Its like a death row pardon, two minutes too late" became " its like a death row hard-on, two minutes too late" She even had a detailed explaination to cover her embarrasment, according to her male inmates get an erection when executed. She had the whole group believing her until someone checked out the lyrics! :D:D

shinikins wrote: »
    I remember when Rihanna's " Don't Stop the Music" came out a friend of mine swore blind that the chant you can hear in the background was " I believe in the sale of Microsoft" Its actually a sample saying "ma-mako, ma-ma-sa, mako-mako-ssa" but you couldn't tell her that. I sing her version now when I hear it :D

Ha! SNAP!!! :D Excellent!!! I KNEW it sounded like Microsoft was mentioned. And even though you've informed me of what is said, like your friend I'll always sing mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

"Angry tourrette's, angry tourette's" by The Kaiser Chiefs:D
    It took quite a while to realise the song was "I Predict A Riot"

Listen and tell me I'm not crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

not being up with the irish rebel songs but being around ppl who played them, my boyf at the time (now husband) bought me a leprecaun he asked me wot I was going to call it (we were courting, give us a break! lol) I replied "Sean South" he was a bit bemused but didnt' ask for a few days "why" when he eventually asked I told him "cos of that song... the leader was a lepricaun sean south from Garry owen"..... needless to say he knotted himself for weeks about it...... "lepricaun, limerick man.. easy mistake"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My Dad goes about singing S&M but has made it completely innocent. I can't remember his words exactly but he made the chorus completely PG.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but change the disc, excite me!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Someone just sent me this.

Could've swore it said 'Take a load of fanny, take a load for free'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

That's probably what the beardy pervs meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

My girlfriend is unbelievable for these.

She still thinks Ini Kamoze - Here comes the hotstepper goes:

"Here Comes the Hotstepper, Girl of Rock"

but it actually says

"Here Comes the Hotstepper, murderer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

brummytom wrote: »

Someone just sent me this.

Could've swore it said 'Take a load of fanny, take a load for free'

Either way, what a song.

And if it is indeed about fanny, all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My son when he was small thought that the words to Fat Boy Slim Praise you like I should was "crazy like a shoe"

We still pick outta him for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Herman's Hermits ......... She's a muscular boy :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Up until this very thread i thought the king of rock and rolls lyrics were

" Hot dog, Jumping frog, I want cookie" :o

I'm a singer and have been singing this lyric for years ffs!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Saw Peter Kay last week and he did these lines:

1.30 in

"Just let me staple the vicar
    Giving love in a femindom"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

When we were teenagers a friend of mine put on the doors and sang along with "You know the day destroys the night, 90 fags a day" still sing it now whenever the song comes on and he is around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Reverend Blue Jeans :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I was caught doin' a crap.
    That Elvis song?
    I was caught in a trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

That recent Take-That song "Stay close to me" they say that over and over.

I picked it up wrong, and was singing "Make love to me" and I thought...these lads are getting gayer each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Told my daughter and her boyfriend recently, that I liked The Script's Tennis Court song, as it came on the radio. They looked a bit puzzled, so I said listen, there ya go, "you won't find faith and hope down the tennis court". They fell about laughing, and told me it's telescope, not tennis court:o
    There's a song out at the moment, " you make me move like a freak" I could have swore it was move like a prick:eek:
    That 80s Mr. Mister song, Kyrie, for years I thought it was "carry a laser down the road that I must travel"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

Karma Chameleon - I thought was "comma comma comma comma comma to me Leanne, you common girl, you common girl"

My mam thought Natalie Imbruglia's Torn was "nothing's right Anton..." :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Posted this over in the music forum but for a giggle here it is again.

I thought that the song 'Smack my b1tch up' was 'Snap My Picture' and used to bop around the dance floor pretending to I had a camera... oh the shame.. and yes for the dancing too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

niall diamond,s FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS i thought it was REVEREND IN BLUE JEANS.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

Sorry if this one has been mentioned already.
    Rod Stewart, "Tonight's the Night", A women comes on moaning during ther Chorus in french...It sound's like she is saying I **** the Bed right near the end of the record..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

I thought Madonna was being a bit non-PC when she sang 'Last night I dreamt of some dago' in "La Isla Bonita"!

What is the real line? I thought she sang 'some dago' too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

smugchik wrote: »
    What is the real line? I thought she sang 'some dago' too...

"Last night I dreamt of San Pedro..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 y3llo_w

I used to think Eliza Doolittles song "Pack Up" was about kit kats and calories...it sooo sounds like that though.! Ooooops :P

The Feeling's "I Love It When You Call"? I used to sing I love it when you come... :o

"I love it when you come,
    I love it when you come,
    But you never come at all..." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Tracy Chapman has a song called "Why". If you listen at 1:30, there's a line that sounds like "these pizzas speak the truth".

I'm pretty sure it's really
    the speechless speak the truth
    though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

--LOS-- wrote: »
    who could forget about Graham throwing a rasher on the 45.

Hahahaha brilliant.

When i was a kid I got the following mixed up:
    Real Lyrics: that thing, that thing, that thing.

My lyrics: mappy, mappy, mappy.

''Dad, what the fck does 'mappy' mean??''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

For years and I mean YEARS :o:o I sang Grease's song 'Your the one that I want'

Until one nite after a few to many glasses of wine got up to sing kareoke...... the line 'meditate my direction' was sang by me for yearssssss till that nite as 'meditate my erection' :o:o:o

I never lived it down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

papagormo wrote: »
    "I'm blue and I'll steal or I'll die, and I'll steal or I'll die and I will steal or I'll die, and I'll steal or I'll die..."

Ara ya know the tune.

Always thought it was "I'm blue I've OD'd and I've died"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

One of Peter Kay's and embedded to play from the exact relevant point:

"You can't go on thinking nothings wrong .. PORK PIE" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Another one of Peter Kay's (embedded from the relevant point again).

"You make me take off my shoes before you let me get in,
    I can't believe you KISS YOUR COCK AT NIGHT
    " :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

My mum used to always sing this song, every sunday whilst cooking sunday dinner. She would go for it when the chorus came to "Trees, Trees plants and leafs" My dad would cry laughing,everytime she sang it.
    He then told me, when I was older, that it was a song by Cher, called Gypsies, tramps and Thieves!

That Groovejet song, that goes "if this ain't love, then why does it feel so good?", my friend used to sing "little sister why? Why does it feel so good?"

My sister used to drive me mad insisting that Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run was "Champs like us......":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I was 6 or 7 when this song was number one and I used to think the line " I model shirts by Van Heusen" was "I bought a shirt by the Jew Sun"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I used to sing
    James Song Sit Down… Oh sit down Oh Sit down Sit down next to me => Oh Saddam oh Saddam, Saddam’s next to me

My friend's mother used to sing
    Fools Garden The Lemon Tree
    I wonder how
    I wonder why
    Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky
    And all that I can see is just a yellow lemon-tree

As
    I wonder how
    I wonder why
    Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky
    And all that I can see is just a yellow lavatory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Many years ago when Kylie Minogue brought out a version of Give me just a little more time I thought the line'

Give me just a little more time
    and our love will surely grow

was actually

and I will watch your leg grow

The hormone-fuelled adolescent in me thought that Kylie was secretly hinting at giving a man an erection :o

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Many years ago when Kylie Minogue brought out a version of Give me just a little more time I thought the line'

and our love will surely grow

was actually

and I will watch your leg grow

The hormone-fuelled adolescent in me thought that Kylie was secretly hinting at giving a man an erection :o

Hahahaha! I think I just wet my pants a little:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I thought Aerosmith's "Dude looks like a lady" was "do the lucky lady".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

For those of you who have been lucky enough to miss the all pervasive phenomenon that was Bob the Builder at the height of his powers:eek: There were a series of videos that comprised of eight episodes each episode having the song at the beginning, middle and end!! 24 bloody times in 2.5 hours!! Week after Christmas, my lovely Mum visiting, awful weather, the 5 year old settled in for a Marathon Bob the Builder session whilst Mum took a lie down to read her book and I got busy in the kitchen. After a couple of hours Mum came into the kitchen reading the back of the video case, she had been hearing the song over and over and thought that

Bob the Builder
    Can we fix it?
    Bob the Builder
    Yes, we can!

Scoop, Muck and Dizzy and Roley too.............

was "Yes, we can! I'm so fockin busy!!" When she told me I had a Tena lady moment and in her discomfort at me laughing uncontrollably she said "Well, it's all you ever hear from builders if you are trying to get work done in the house!! Yup it was when the Tiger was a Pup:rolleyes:!! Since lost my lovely Mum and her sense of humour but some great memories:D:cool:

Thanks for bringing this one to mind Boarders:cool:

Ooh and Did you know there are "Strangers in her tights!:D (Strangers in the night) Old folks home social evening!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

For years my little sister was confused about who Sophie was and why she was on a bus but would still sing " and Sophie on a bus and Sophie on a bus" instead of and so say all of us to for he's a jolly good fellow.

We sing it like that to wind her up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 An Garda Siochana

Never really put much thought into what i was thinking i was hearing as a kid

Flash Gordon/Queen - "dish that water with ajax to bring back his body"
    origional - "dispatch war rocket ajax to bring back his body"

Eye of the Tiger/survivor - "rising up to the tennents of our lager" :o
    origional - "rising up to the challenge of our rival"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Paul Young - Every time you go away you take a piece of meat with you :D

I used to sing this when i was a kid and always wondered why she needed to take a piece of meat :D

Finding out it was "a piece of me with you" put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ererer

my granny is the master of wrong lyrics, she just makes up the lyrics.
    her version of the verse in bad touch by the bloodhound gang is.
    put your hands down my pants
    and feel my 'ting
    and i will give you something that will make you sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

ererer wrote: »
    my granny is the master of wrong lyrics, she just makes up the lyrics.
    her version of the verse in bad touch by the bloodhound gang is.
    put your hands down my pants
    and feel my 'ting
    and i will give you something that will make you sing.

Your granny sings along to The Bloodhound Gang?!!! :eek:

yep have a video and all. she's a great laugh.

• Advertisement

yep have a video and all. she's a great laugh.

Advertisement