Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMINEM-THE ULTIMATE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Fair enough! I think the last American MC I will always go out of my way to check is probably Ghost, and maybe Nas as well (although he'll obviously never do an album as AMAZING as his first one, and he's always going to be somewhat unfairly judged against it.

DOOM is someone I've always had a complete blindspot about, embarrasingly enough (although it certainly proves my point further up this thread!!!). Where's a good place to start?

Madvillainy would be one of the best hip hop albums ever imo. Vaudeville Villain, MM FOOD? and Dangerdoom are all fantastic though. The King Gheedora stuff is also good. Bleh just start at the beginning and make your way through. I thought Born Like This was pretty poor though.

Prob not a great example as Mr Fantastik murders him on this track but it's just so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Fair enough! I think the last American MC I will always go out of my way to check is probably Ghost, and maybe Nas as well (although he'll obviously never do an album as AMAZING as his first one, and he's always going to be somewhat unfairly judged against it.

DOOM is someone I've always had a complete blindspot about, embarrasingly enough (although it certainly proves my point further up this thread!!!). Where's a good place to start?

He has SO MUCH stuff out there that its so tough to find a good place to start, but i'd recommend maybe grabbing Madvilliany by Madvillian and discover more from there.

(ps...... despite how he sounds, he's actually British)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

okyou either just simply misunderstood me or i failed to explain myself.........im not saying eminem makes the best songs after he spends months writing and weeks producing them........im saying he has the most vocal ability combined with phenominal ability to write or just think up rhymes.............because he,s intelligent.............he,s actually in the top 90% intelligence rating in north america {iq testing}..............tupac was also intelligent,,,,,,,,he read makaveli and other non mainstream titlkes which talk about life and human emotion..............he was a scholar of human perception of strength.......{he read the art of war 47 times in his life and could quote it like the pope would quote the bible}............

for those who say jay z has more vocal ability than eminem and more rhyme structuring capabilities......then why cant he freestyle.............he lost to dmx and barely even rhymed after 3 months preparing for the battle.............

and dont say eminem cant freestyle cause he came 2nd in the 1997 rap olympics and is as good as he is portrayed as in 8 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

denballs wrote: »
    for those who say jay z has more vocal ability than eminem and more rhyme structuring capabilities......then why cant he freestyle.............he lost to dmx and barely even rhymed after 3 months preparing for the battle

Prove this with a link please because from what I've read about that 'battle' is that it wasn't a battle - just two rappers freestyling - no 3month preparations from either.

I said Jay-Z has more structure to his rhyming than Eminem - referring to the tracks he produces not freestyling - Eminem is a king at freestyling. And to say Jay-Z can't freestyle is ridiculous - he's known for freestyling to try and secure a record contract which he didn't in the end.

What I took issue with was your calling him "an average black rapper" - what are you basing this on - his weakness at freestyling? Referring to rap music I've listened to I believe Jay-Z is the best.

and dont say eminem cant freestyle cause he came 2nd in the 1997 rap olympics and is as good as he is portrayed as in 8 mile

What would make you think people would go against this? Eminems outstanding at freestyling. Who'd he come 2nd to though because they'd want to be brilliant

[QUOTE=Who'd he come 2nd to though because they'd want to be brilliant[/QUOTE]
    he was beaten by juice ...........
    Terry Parker, better known by his stage name MC Juice or simply Juice, is an American freestyle rapper from Chicago, United States. He beat Eminem at Scribble Jam [rap olympics] in 1997.[1][2] He was regarded in 2004 as one of finest freestyle rappers ever produced by Chicago.[3] By 2007, he had a six-piece live band called, "Juice and the Machine", who released a DVD, Juice And The Machine: Live At The Party, of their first live performance.[1][4]
    He was born in California and came to Chicago after high school. Known for also battling undefeated until squaring off with Supernatural, a freestyle pioneer. Solidifying his improvisational credentials on The Wake Up Show

and what i meant was that jay z is just another rapper rapping about drugs guns and bitches........he,s nothing original or special.......biiggies special cause of his flow........tupac cause of his lyrics and aggressive deliverence............eminem because hes simple a master......

• Advertisement

and what i meant was that jay z is just another rapper rapping about drugs guns and bitches........he,s nothing original or special

Strongly disagree!! It's your opinion and I'm not gona try change it but imo, Jay-Z's flow is phenomenal, if anything he goes on about the dynasty he created and his wealth - guns and bitches isn't exactly what he goes on about on a constant basis.

He's original in the beats he uses for his songs - like his most recent song 'Onto the next one' - the beat behind that's original and works very well. He's far from just 'another rapper' imo and I'd be fairly certain alot of people, who mightn't even be his biggest fans would agree with me on that

PaulieC wrote: »
    Strongly disagree!! It's your opinion and I'm not gona try change it but imo, Jay-Z's flow is phenomenal, if anything he goes on about the dynasty he created and his wealth - guns and bitches isn't exactly what he goes on about on a constant basis.

He's original in the beats he uses for his songs - like his most recent song 'Onto the next one' - the beat behind that's original and works very well. He's far from just 'another rapper' imo and I'd be fairly certain alot of people, who mightn't even be his biggest fans would agree with me on that

peoples opinions on him are mainly based on the hype he promoted himself..........if he was un heard of and you found him on youtube you wouldnt give him a secon d listen...............can you honestly say that you would allways recognise him if you were given 100 rap songs youve never heard with him in 10 of them.............iknow i would recognise eminem

and i wont give you any more opinions ill just give you fact........eminem and jay z have the same amount of vma awards {10}.........but jay-z had other rappers/singers in his.......eminem did the majority of his 10 solo....

Eminem has eleven Grammy Awards. He has been praised for having "verbal energy", high quality of lyricism and has been ranked at number nine on MTV's list of The Greatest MCs of All Time,[135][136] In 2003 he was listed as number thirteen on MTV's 22 Greatest Voices in Music[137] and number 82 on Rolling Stone's "The Immortals".[138] In 2008, the readers of Vibe Magazine voted him "The Best Rapper Alive".[139] He was also named "Best Rapper Ever" taking down all opponents very easily in a poll which was conducted by music fans on the Vibe website.
    Ironically, "The Real Slim Shady", one of the songs from his first Grammy-winning album, The Marshall Mathers LP, slammed the Grammy Awards in its second verse, and stated the opinion that negative feelings about his material would keep him from ever winning one.

jay z has 10 grammy awards....has not been voted number one as a rapper or artist except as the nickelodeon kids choice singer of the year........

peoples opinions on him are mainly based on the hype he promoted himself..........if he was un heard of and you found him on youtube you wouldnt give him a secon d listen...............can you honestly say that you would allways recognise him if you were given 100 rap songs youve never heard with him in 10 of them.............iknow i would recognise eminem

Honestly yes - Jay-Z has a vocal style just like many other rappers, so I believe I'd recognise him yes.

Also, who're you to say I wouldn't give him a second listen - you're not the ombudsman of musical taste tbf! I like his style, I prefer listening to some, not all of his work over Eminems

It's an opinion and not one formulated by how many awards he's won in comparison to other rappers, or what I read online about them. I listen to music, I formulate my own opinions on it - you're entitled to yours but don't go posting facts from Eminems wiki page/wherever you got those stats from about awards - at the end of the day they shouldn't impact on views on music imo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

and i wont give you any more opinions ill just give you fact........eminem and jay z have the same amount of vma awards {10}.........but jay-z had other rappers/singers in his.......eminem did the majority of his 10 solo....

Eminem has eleven Grammy Awards. He has been praised for having "verbal energy", high quality of lyricism and has been ranked at number nine on MTV's list of The Greatest MCs of All Time,[135][136] In 2003 he was listed as number thirteen on MTV's 22 Greatest Voices in Music[137] and number 82 on Rolling Stone's "The Immortals".[138] In 2008, the readers of Vibe Magazine voted him "The Best Rapper Alive".[139] He was also named "Best Rapper Ever" taking down all opponents very easily in a poll which was conducted by music fans on the Vibe website.
    Ironically, "The Real Slim Shady", one of the songs from his first Grammy-winning album, The Marshall Mathers LP, slammed the Grammy Awards in its second verse, and stated the opinion that negative feelings about his material would keep him from ever winning one.

jay z has 10 grammy awards....has not been voted number one as a rapper or artist except as the nickelodeon kids choice singer of the year........

Grammys? wtf? U2 have the most grammys ever for a band (i think). And they are ****e. Awards like this prove very little, we get it you love marshall and think everyone else who doesn't is wrong. Great. Listing off how many awards he has is not going to change anyone's mind.

thats not the point i dont want to change your minds i gave my opinion and everyone told me off for it and stood up for who they believe is the best..i merely did the same..........like who you like......whattever you relate to you relate to........im just saying eminem sells the most and has been voted the best ever rapper numerous times so my opinion is backed by a couple million more than the rest of yours {im not saying its more valid or important}..........but if you needed to decide the best would you not go on acalades / record sales / and majority opinions...........oh and yeah i got it from wiki because millions of people put their knowledge into that site which makes it important.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Eminem is a great rapper but for me Nas is the best out there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

thats not the point i dont want to change your minds i gave my opinion and everyone told me off for it and stood up for who they believe is the best..i merely did the same..........like who you like......whattever you relate to you relate to........im just saying eminem sells the most and has been voted the best ever rapper numerous times so my opinion is backed by a couple million more than the rest of yours im not saying its more valid or important}..........but if you needed to decide the best would you not go on acalades / record sales / and majority opinions...........oh and yeah i got it from wiki because millions of people put their knowledge into that site which makes it important.......

Thanks for clearing that up for us, so he is in fact the Westlife/boyzone of the rap world? Well played :rolleyes:

Oh and you're dead righht about wikipedia as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

lordgoat wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up for us, so he is in fact the Westlife/boyzone of the rap world? Well played :rolleyes:

Oh and you're dead righht about wikipedia as well.

:D:D:D:D

thats not the point i dont want to change your minds i gave my opinion and everyone told me off for it and stood up for who they believe is the best..i merely did the same

No you see you didn't just give your opinion on why you like Eminem which would've been fine - you decided to spark an argument by calling Jay-Z an average black rapper, saying he only raps about bitches & drugs, how he can't freestyle - You've put more time into discrediting my opinion that Jay-Z is my favourite rapper than formulating your own about how Eminem is the best.
    but if you needed to decide the best would you not go on acalades / record sales / and majority opinions

If I had to decide who was the best in the world - It'd be based on my opinion, therefore acolades & record sales wouldn't come into it for me - as Lordgoat pointed out - Westlife aren't the best band around because they've won awards and sold lots of records.

Finally - would I base my opinion on majority opinions? - do you not see the irony in that - especially when it comes to music :confused:

Determining the best in the world is a stupid game. Because there are simply too many things to factor in. Ronaldinho was the best footballer in the world there 2 years ago and now he's not even mentioned in the same breath as Messi. Music is to be judged on what you experience at the time. It's my belief that musicians are best judged on the power of their studio albums because these are what they get most input into. Eminem falls down at that level in my elitist opinion.

Kold wrote: »
    Music is to be judged on what you experience at the time

Great point

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i've only stumbled accross this thread now and have to add my 2 cents.

Eminem is a serioulsy talentened mc. His delivery and rhyme patterns are fantastic. He can basically flow over any beat and match his lyrics to the pattern, he can also throw double time into the mix to extend his vocal ability and how he rides a beat.

Eminem is also proven in the past to be an extremely talented battle rapper and freestyler. It's not something which he would regularly do now and when i have heard him doing it recently, it has always been written material. Right now, it's not his primary focus...battling and freestyling requires a natural talent which Em has, but it also requires dedication and practice. This is something which I doubt is done regularly by Eminem since he has established himself. JUICE was mentioned on this thread earlier, he was the best of the best as he dedicated his time to practice. When it came to releasing an album, he didnt have the ability to convert his ability as a battle MC to a recording artist. This is something that has sucessfully achieved by Em, if proof is needed go to youtube, also look up his freestyles for the Wake Up Show which is where he really got his first break and a platform to be heard.

But, it wasnt until he started recording catchy somewhat cheesy singles that he become popular. Lets not forget that he released an album called Infinte which went largely under the radar, on this album he really shows his lyrical dexterity but it lacked a single to bring him to the limelight. It was on subsequent releases working with Dre where he managed to break through.

Although lyrically he has retained his gift, its his unfortunate choice of subject matter and production that has let him down in his last few albums. He got the idea that he was a super producer but in my opinion he clearly is not. He also started his own record label and expand into clothing lines etc which took his focus away.

Comparing him to other artists and achievements is not necessarily going to provide any definitive answer on who is better. It's all down to personal opinion and taste. I can rattle off different artists that have much better subject matter, who have much better lyrical ability, who have much better talent, much better production etc. There was a time where Em was able to put everything together and deliver it as a package and be a complete artist. Unfortunately, in my opinion, those days have passed and will not return. Many people will say it's because he stopped 'using', this is BS, it's when he started to take complete control is when things started slipping.

Oh.....and in responce to a comment about Jay Z producing.........I dont think that he has ever produced a song that was put on an album. He has executive produced which is a totally different thing.

No you see you didn't just give your opinion on why you like Eminem which would've been fine - you decided to spark an argument by calling Jay-Z an average black rapper, saying he only raps about bitches & drugs, how he can't freestyle - You've put more time into discrediting my opinion that Jay-Z is my favourite rapper than formulating your own about how Eminem is the best.

If I had to decide who was the best in the world - It'd be based on my opinion, therefore acolades & record sales wouldn't come into it for me - as Lordgoat pointed out - Westlife aren't the best band around because they've won awards and sold lots of records.

Finally - would I base my opinion on majority opinions? - do you not see the irony in that - especially when it comes to music :confused:

i was showing jay-z,s limitations compared to eminem...........

if you were asked to compare 8 t0 ten you would say 10 is 2 more .you wouldnt just say its high or that its ten............

as for the second part its open to debate but it,d be opinionated debate which lacks reasoning so........will you agree that personally everyone decides their own best but that eminem has had a more glorified career than jay z

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

if you were asked to compare 8 t0 ten you would say 10 is 2 more .you wouldnt just say its high or that its ten............

as for the second part its open to debate but it,d be opinionated debate which lacks reasoning so........will you agree that personally everyone decides their own best but that eminem has had a more glorified career than jay z

As the Jay Z/EM debate is still going, i'd like to point out that Jay Z has a far superior disography than Eminem, some might say that Reasonable Doubt alone is better than the best of all Eminems albums put together. Most people would agree that anything after the Marshal Mathers LP has been a disappointment, whereas Jay-Z has been very consitent. There where a few blips along the lines for Jay, but these where mainly one or 2 songs from albums such as Sunshine or Hard Knock Life. But at the end of the day, Em is a far better MC than Jay.

But they are 2 seperate people with 2 seperate artistic directions and there is no definitive answer as to who is better....except for personal taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    As the Jay Z/EM debate is still going, i'd like to point out that Jay Z has a far superior disography than Eminem, some might say that Reasonable Doubt alone is better than the best of all Eminems albums put together. Most people would agree that anything after the Marshal Mathers LP has been a disappointment, whereas Jay-Z has been very consitent. There where a few blips along the lines for Jay, but these where mainly one or 2 songs from albums such as Sunshine or Hard Knock Life. But at the end of the day, Em is a far better MC than Jay.

But they are 2 seperate people with 2 seperate artistic directions and there is no definitive answer as to who is better....except for personal taste.

ok. I couldnt agree... less.
    Sorry to sound insulting Im not really sure where you are getting this 'Most people would agree that anything after the Marshal Mathers LP has been a disappointment' thing. Were supposed to repect others opinions but thats just not true and kind of an unintelligent thing to say since eminem was the highest selling artist of the decade. This clearly would not happen unless he was releasing great albums and MOST people loved them. Ok the rest of your post makes sense cos its your opinion etc etc.
    I think he is the best rapper ever to live. I think Relapse wasnt to the standard we were used to but it still stood up to any other material released that year buy other rappers. Recovery will be amazing. We have heard the first song "not afraid" and Im pretty sure that went straight into 1 in the american billboard top 100.
    If we are comparing em to jay, listen to renegade. Im not sure if its really about your taste when you listen tho this song its clear whos superior. Comparing to jay- One of the worst decisions jay made was to sing with em, he killed him-as nas often said. I wish em had been in a song with pac or biggie when they were around so he could really prove his talent. He has been in the same song as dre (guilty conscience-killed him, even em said he did), as wayne, kanye and drake (no need to say who gave the best addition to that song) and with many more and i am yet to see him be overshadowed...

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »

i have never heard a good song with just jay z on his own.........he needs rhianna/alecia keys/kanye west/beyonce to prop him up.............there are at least 30 eminem songs that would rate in the top 100 rap songs of all time........have none of you heard lose yourself/sing for the moment/when im gone/ or toy soldiers............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

yeah eminem has so many high quality songs that people havent heard. They think of the real slim shady, my name is, lose yourself not the stuff like superman, soldier, still dont give a ***, (i could go on for a while) which are just as good and sometimes better . I sound like i hate jayz but i actually think he makes good songs, its just compared eminem he doesnt look as good.

should be a good end of year for rap though with eminem, maybe detox, and nas and damian marley (patience is so unreal) and more coming out...eh?

yeah eminem has so many high quality songs that people havent heard. They think of the real slim shady, my name is, lose yourself not the stuff like superman, soldier, still dont give a ***, (i could go on for a while) which are just as good and sometimes better . I sound like i hate jayz but i actually think he makes good songs, its just compared eminem he doesnt look as good.

should be a good end of year for rap though with eminem, maybe detox, and nas and damian marley (patience is so unreal) and more coming out...eh?

true T.I,s workin hard aswell............i here his next album has many producers and rappers collaborating on it......its supposed to be high quality lyric wise aswell as he wrote and re-wrote most of it in jail

ok. I couldnt agree... less.
    Sorry to sound insulting Im not really sure where you are getting this 'Most people would agree that anything after the Marshal Mathers LP has been a disappointment' thing. Were supposed to repect others opinions but thats just not true and kind of an unintelligent thing to say since eminem was the highest selling artist of the decade. This clearly would not happen unless he was releasing great albums and MOST people loved them. Ok the rest of your post makes sense cos its your opinion etc etc.
    I think he is the best rapper ever to live. I think Relapse wasnt to the standard we were used to but it still stood up to any other material released that year buy other rappers. Recovery will be amazing. We have heard the first song "not afraid" and Im pretty sure that went straight into 1 in the american billboard top 100.
    If we are comparing em to jay, listen to renegade. Im not sure if its really about your taste when you listen tho this song its clear whos superior. Comparing to jay- One of the worst decisions jay made was to sing with em, he killed him-as nas often said. I wish em had been in a song with pac or biggie when they were around so he could really prove his talent. He has been in the same song as dre (guilty conscience-killed him, even em said he did), as wayne, kanye and drake (no need to say who gave the best addition to that song) and with many more and i am yet to see him be overshadowed...

Dont get me wrong, i still think Eminem is great, i've been a fan since day one. The point i'm try to make is that the quality of Eminems albums after MM LP has not been up to the standard of his previous releases. I'm not arguing that they dont sell as it's proven that they do, but i think that they sell on the back of his singles and first 3 albums and the name he has established for himself. But they are not great albums.

You are spot on about Renegade, Ems appearance is possibly his best work.
    i have never heard a good song with just jay z on his own.........he needs rhianna/alecia keys/kanye west/beyonce to prop him up.............there are at least 30 eminem songs that would rate in the top 100 rap songs of all time........have none of you heard lose yourself/sing for the moment/when im gone/ or toy soldiers............

I have heard all them songs, i'm not saying he doesnt have great songs. I'm saying that his material is declining alot in recent years.

On the Jay-Z side, i dont think it's necessarily true that he needs a guest on a song to have a good one. I think it's unfortunate that The Blueprint 3 has so many features on it as it makes it sound more like a compilation than an album.

i think the problem is that i like em,s newer songs and you boom just like em,s older songs like brain damage and if i had............its just different strokes for different folks but although i will admit that relapse was just a bit stupid as he was messing a bit too much he has been working hard on his newest stuff

have you listened to his new album thats coming out in america soon and here in 2 months...........heres a few trcks off it

this one is in my opinion the best one of his top 10 songs

this one is just genious

this is more like his older songs.......

Nah I'd just say they're both even numbers :D

It's a neverending debate here and it's derailed the thread a bit so my apologies to anyone who's getting annoyed with this but at the end of the day - it's down to opinion like you say everyone chooses their own best and call me stubborn but I think Jay-Z has done alot more good work than Eminem thus far - thats just my opinion, I'm not going to roll over and change it and wouldn't expect you to do the same either so we should stop the going round in circles debate - it's a waste of internet space at this stage :)

Just one last point though - the songs you pointed out that Eminem didn't collaborate on that're great - Sing for the moment contains the chorus and backing track of an Aerosmith song and Like Toy soldiers has the chorus of a song I can't think of the name of for the life of me - not a dig...you just could've chosen better songs to back up your point imo!

Nah I'd just say they're both even numbers :D

It's a neverending debate here and it's derailed the thread a bit so my apologies to anyone who's getting annoyed with this but at the end of the day - it's down to opinion like you say everyone chooses their own best and call me stubborn but I think Jay-Z has done alot more good work than Eminem thus far - thats just my opinion, I'm not going to roll over and change it and wouldn't expect you to do the same either so we should stop the going round in circles debate - it's a waste of internet space at this stage :)

Just one last point though - the songs you pointed out that Eminem didn't collaborate on that're great - Sing for the moment contains the chorus and backing track of an Aerosmith song and Like Toy soldiers has the chorus of a song I can't think of the name of for the life of me - not a dig...you just could've chosen better songs to back up your point imo!

true but there technically parts of the instrumental...........the aerosmith song is dream on......and the song in toy soldiers is called toy soldiers by matika

30 songs that would feature in the top 100 rap songs of all time? You sir, are taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Oh wow I missed that line. Funniest thing in this thread so far.

• Advertisement

you see the thing is that your all just no where near as intelligent as i am.....you all just have no idea what your talking about.........you all probably dont know what rap stands for.......some have said that everyones entitled to their opinion but when your all obviously from cavan and the last eminem album you,ve had is the slim shady lp then your not educated enough on the subject to discuss it...............i want all of you out of my thread now..........scat go on git................useless..........excremental.............from now on please only talk about somthing you know about

i can prove eminems the best simply

2009 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 78% of the vote
    2008 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 88% of the vote
    2007 source awards best lyricaland vocal ability winner eminem 63% of the vote
    2006 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 59% of the vote
    2004 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 77% of the vote
    2003 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 61% of the vote
    2002 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 82% of the vote
    2001 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 73% of the vote
    2000 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 89% of the vote

The best lyrical and vocal ability award is awarded at the annual source awards to honour the artist who has showed the greatest level of lyrical and vocal skill in any of his/her musical releases that year.It is as the second most valuable achievement after the life time achievmentand has sparked many arguments within rap as rappers have in the past commented on gaining the award as an annual competition between the most skilled artists of each year.Many artists have achieved the award since the first annual source awards including christopher wallace {The Notorious B.I.G} and Tupac Shakur [2pac}.The artist who has won the award the most times is Marshall Mathers {EMINEM} who has won the award 8 times and has received on average 31,408,822 votes a year solidifying himself as the most skilled rap artist of all time.

THE ABOVE IS FROM THE SOURCE MAGAZINE NOT WIKIPEDIA SO DONT START MOANING......

in the rolling stones 100 greatest artists of all time eminem places 82.......2pac places 86...........AND JAY-Z ISNT EVEN IN THE TOP 100
    ROLLING SOMNGS TOP 500 SONGS OF ALL TIME---eminem has number 166 for lose yourself.........jay z hasnt got a song in the top 500

BASICALLY eminem will be remembered along with tupac and biggie and jay z will not.....even if he practically begs to be in his songs {forever young}

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement