Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMINEM-THE ULTIMATE

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

His first 3 albums are beyond brilliant, but after that it's downhill. Encore and Relapse did nothing for me. I like the new single Not Afraid and his rap on Lil Wayne's 'drop the word' was class.

I feel the new album will be a return to form!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

denballs wrote: »
    you see the thing is that your all just no where near as intelligent as i am.....you all just have no idea what your talking about.........you all probably dont know what rap stands for.......some have said that everyones entitled to their opinion but when your all obviously from cavan and the last eminem album you,ve had is the slim shady lp then your not educated enough on the subject to discuss it...............i want all of you out of my thread now..........scat go on git................useless..........excremental.............from now on please only talk about somthing you know about

i can prove eminems the best simply

2009 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 78% of the vote
    2008 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 88% of the vote
    2007 source awards best lyricaland vocal ability winner eminem 63% of the vote
    2006 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 59% of the vote
    2004 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 77% of the vote
    2003 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 61% of the vote
    2002 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 82% of the vote
    2001 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 73% of the vote
    2000 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 89% of the vote

The best lyrical and vocal ability award is awarded at the annual source awards to honour the artist who has showed the greatest level of lyrical and vocal skill in any of his/her musical releases that year.It is as the second most valuable achievement after the life time achievmentand has sparked many arguments within rap as rappers have in the past commented on gaining the award as an annual competition between the most skilled artists of each year.Many artists have achieved the award since the first annual source awards including christopher wallace {The Notorious B.I.G} and Tupac Shakur [2pac}.The artist who has won the award the most times is Marshall Mathers {EMINEM} who has won the award 8 times and has received on average 31,408,822 votes a year solidifying himself as the most skilled rap artist of all time.

THE ABOVE IS FROM THE SOURCE MAGAZINE NOT WIKIPEDIA SO DONT START MOANING......

in the rolling stones 100 greatest artists of all time eminem places 82.......2pac places 86...........AND JAY-Z ISNT EVEN IN THE TOP 100
    ROLLING SOMNGS TOP 500 SONGS OF ALL TIME---eminem has number 166 for lose yourself.........jay z hasnt got a song in the top 500

BASICALLY eminem will be remembered along with tupac and biggie and jay z will not.....even if he practically begs to be in his songs {forever young}

Oh right, you're trolling. Well alright then. /unsubscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

peoples opinions on him are mainly based on the hype he promoted himself..........if he was un heard of and you found him on youtube you wouldnt give him a secon d listen...............can you honestly say that you would allways recognise him if you were given 100 rap songs youve never heard with him in 10 of them.............iknow i would recognise eminem

and i wont give you any more opinions ill just give you fact........eminem and jay z have the same amount of vma awards {10}.........but jay-z had other rappers/singers in his.......eminem did the majority of his 10 solo....

Eminem has eleven Grammy Awards. He has been praised for having "verbal energy", high quality of lyricism and has been ranked at number nine on MTV's list of The Greatest MCs of All Time,[135][136] In 2003 he was listed as number thirteen on MTV's 22 Greatest Voices in Music[137] and number 82 on Rolling Stone's "The Immortals".[138] In 2008, the readers of Vibe Magazine voted him "The Best Rapper Alive".[139] He was also named "Best Rapper Ever" taking down all opponents very easily in a poll which was conducted by music fans on the Vibe website.
    Ironically, "The Real Slim Shady", one of the songs from his first Grammy-winning album, The Marshall Mathers LP, slammed the Grammy Awards in its second verse, and stated the opinion that negative feelings about his material would keep him from ever winning one.

jay z has 10 grammy awards....has not been voted number one as a rapper or artist except as the nickelodeon kids choice singer of the year........

He also won an oscar for 'Lose Yourself'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

hmm its intersting that when i go a bit agro people suddenly start backing me up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

you see the thing is that your all just no where near as intelligent as i am.....you all just have no idea what your talking about.........you all probably dont know what rap stands for.......some have said that everyones entitled to their opinion but when your all obviously from cavan and the last eminem album you,ve had is the slim shady lp then your not educated enough on the subject to discuss it...............i want all of you out of my thread now..........scat go on git................useless..........excremental.............from now on please only talk about somthing you know about

You're basically saying people who have differences in opinions and personal taste to you are less intelligent than you - seriously that's about as unintelligent as it gets imo

'Get out of my thread because you don't agree with me' - if you joined boards.ie to state an opinion and expect everybody to fall in line with what you think is right then you're in the wrong fcuking place tbh and throwing a little b1tchfest when people refuse to bow to your arrogance is the sign of a petulant child - grow up ffs

Kold has it right:

/unsubscribe

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    You're basically saying people who have differences in opinions and personal taste to you are less intelligent than you - seriously that's about as unintelligent NOT A WORD as it gets imo

'Get out of my thread because you don't agree with me' - if you joined boards.ie to state an opinion and expect everybody to fall in line with what you think is right then you're in the wrong fcuking place tbh and throwing a little b1tchfest when people refuse to bow to your arrogance is the sign of a petulant child - grow up ffs <- WELL THATS YOUR OPINION AND AS IVE ALREADY STATED ITS MEANINGLESS.....YOU DAMP TOWEL YOU

Kold has it right:

/unsubscribe

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unintelligent

Damp towel is it? use one to wipe the egg off your chin there I'd say champ ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unintelligent

Damp towel is it? use one to wipe the egg off your chin there I'd say champ ;)

AH ITS ONLY BEEN REMOVED FROM THE slang dictionary a nd put in the official dictionary since 2003.......its position as a word is almost as translucent as your opinion

AH ITS ONLY BEEN REMOVED FROM THE slang dictionary a nd put in the official dictionary since 2003.......its position as a word is almost as translucent as your opinion

Seriously well done on reducing a decent thread on Rap musicians to utter shíte with your waffling

I'm out - request to lock the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Eminem>>>>>>Your life

• Advertisement

Seriously well done on reducing a decent thread on Rap musicians to utter shíte with your waffling

I'm out - request to lock the thread

FINALLY THAT STICKY PILLOW IS GONE...........BOOM BABY:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

in before lock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i can prove eminems the best simply

2009 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 78% of the vote
    2008 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 88% of the vote
    2007 source awards best lyricaland vocal ability winner eminem 63% of the vote
    2006 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 59% of the vote
    2004 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 77% of the vote
    2003 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 61% of the vote
    2002 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 82% of the vote
    2001 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 73% of the vote
    2000 source awards best lyrical and vocal ability winner eminem 89% of the vote

The best lyrical and vocal ability award is awarded at the annual source awards to honour the artist who has showed the greatest level of lyrical and vocal skill in any of his/her musical releases that year.It is as the second most valuable achievement after the life time achievmentand has sparked many arguments within rap as rappers have in the past commented on gaining the award as an annual competition between the most skilled artists of each year.Many artists have achieved the award since the first annual source awards including christopher wallace {The Notorious B.I.G} and Tupac Shakur [2pac}.The artist who has won the award the most times is Marshall Mathers {EMINEM} who has won the award 8 times and has received on average 31,408,822 votes a year solidifying himself as the most skilled rap artist of all time.

THE ABOVE IS FROM THE SOURCE MAGAZINE NOT WIKIPEDIA SO DONT START MOANING......

in the rolling stones 100 greatest artists of all time eminem places 82.......2pac places 86...........AND JAY-Z ISNT EVEN IN THE TOP 100
    ROLLING SOMNGS TOP 500 SONGS OF ALL TIME---eminem has number 166 for lose yourself.........jay z hasnt got a song in the top 500

BASICALLY eminem will be remembered along with tupac and biggie and jay z will not.....even if he practically begs to be in his songs {forever young}

Anyone who knows anything about rap knows that The Source is not a good reference to use after around 2001/02. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I bought it a couple of times in my teens and realised that I just spent 7/8 quid on a book of adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Kold wrote: »
    I bought it a couple of times in my teens and realised that I just spent 7/8 quid on a book of adverts.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 43,932 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This thread is an absolute nightmare to read..

.. locking it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement