Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian/Vegan Milkshakes in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

I wouldn't sneak back for one at all, never

Lies!!!!!!

Not that I care, of course! :p

You know what would be awesome? Takeaway pizza from Hell, and one of these shakes, then sit in Stephen's Green / Iveagh Gardens for a picnic! Although there is a slight problem with that plan... if you got the pizza first it would be cold by the time you sat down to eat it, but if you got the shake first it would probably get pretty warm :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You'll care when I'm drinking it in front of you hehe

That would be great, haven't been to Hell in a good while now and have wanted to go to see what Iveagh gardens is like for a while. We will have to do some delicious calculations on what to get first!

Ah-hah... I thought of a solution: everyone would have to decide on what they want (if they know the menus off by heart!) one person would have to get the pizza, the other get the shakes, then meet in Stephen's green in the middle. Ta-dah!

P.S. I wouldn't care what you ate or drank in front of me, I'm not actually a fussy/preachy vegan, I really hate people like that... as long as it wasn't a live squirrel that you just grabbed hopping by in the park or something then I'd be fine!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Einstein II ;)

jelly tot vegan milkshake sounds good to me. I have a menu anyway if people ever need to know in an emergency ha.

i would never do that to a squirrel (they are too quick). I saw one in college yesterday, it was great!

i would never do that to a squirrel (they are too quick). I saw one in college yesterday, it was great!

Ah life's simple pleasures! :D

I have the menu too, and the Hell pizza one. Probably most menus actually. I like to look at them and cry and wish I could eat absolutely everything I wanted to without getting fat.

• Advertisement

I'm easily distracted :D

never need a pizza menu..corn and mushrooms please! Unless it's bistro bianconi...then it's all spinach, feta, carmelised onions, garlic gloves...er best I stop typing before drooling. Just eat and run while doing it, grannnnd

This is going way off topic, but who cares. Yeah I obviously get the vegan one, but I am awkward and ask for gherkins instead of jalapenos, BBQ sauce instead of salsa, and pineapple instead of avocado. If you are someone who is adamant that pineapple does not belong on pizzas I am going to have to defriend you.

I don't. /looks over shoulder.

Lol...'can I have that apart from I want everything different'. I feel bad enough doing it with one ingredient. But we are such recent buddies, you couldn't...

Did she notice I didn't answer...

If we ever have pizza together I am so going to sneak a tub of pineapple chunks along with me and put them on your pizza when you're not looking. Seeing as you didn't answer I assume you don't like them. Otherwise it would be a welcome surprise, and my aim is not to give welcome surprises, but to annoy you :D

Just like the rest you are :mad: :pac:

Maameeo is good enough to even eat pineapple off her pizza before I steal hers and eat it...tehn we have you, with your evil tub!

• Advertisement

your evil tub!

I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing at this. I couldn't possibly be evil if I tried, let alone have an "evil tub". What is that, is it like Pandora's box? Pandora's tupperware box that unleashes all culinary evils into the universe?

It was tupperware in my mind yeah and it releases things like pineapple chunks and peppers onto my food. Quenching all hope of delicious in the world! Nah I don't think you could be evil in any way, I stalked that much about you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

.... So did anyone manage to get their soya milk shake? Its a bit mad considering soya milk keeps better than dairy. They should have no excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

you would love the botanic gardens.
    Oh and DCU has squirrels, nahnah.

And is this true HB don't do the soya icecream anymore, bit shocked someone said they haven't seen it 2 years, it seems like just yesterday....
    The choc one was delicious, way nicer than milky icecream.

I would, but I'd get lost looking for them. My squirrels are nicer, that's why you hang out in my college.

It does seem like yesterday to me :/
    It was probably my favourite icecream after B&Js

You just hop on the 13 or the 19 and it'll drop you straight outside them. Loads of squirrels and bring food and you can touch them and they climb on you.

I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel in trinity.

I haven't seen that shakes place yet but I'm going to keep an eye out, must be quite new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annafenfen

Will have to let a friend know about this :D

--LOS-- wrote: »
    You just hop on the 13 or the 19 and it'll drop you straight outside them. Loads of squirrels and bring food and you can touch them and they climb on you.

I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel in trinity.

I haven't seen that shakes place yet but I'm going to keep an eye out, must be quite new.

So yeah cue me...getting lost looking where those buses leave from and hugging the driver until he tells me it's the stop.Nope, gonna rope somebody in sometime!

It sounds like heaven to me, sure I even loved saint peters square because the pidgins were on me...zomg squirrels! I'd collapse :D

It was my first one in a year, hoping away on the footpath beside me.
    Think it's only a month old or sth..the queue out the door will give it away

Boards just tweeted that this is one of the top threads on boards atm, I'm so proud.
    hehe
    boards_top
    Thread: [Vegan & Vegetarian] - Vegan Milkshakes in Dublin http://bit.ly/9ATQHq

:D

I was there too with the pigeons. Squirrels much better though.

How do they figure that one eh?

• Advertisement

I was so tired writing pidgins...and knew it was so wrong ..so went **** it, they will know. I can't wait for the squirrels!

Just how many posts in teh last while I guess, no idea, it's automatic...and I guess there aren't many posts at night

Oh I think I know who's to blame then..........

Are there any actual healthy shakes in that place or is it all just sweet stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Try to keep on topic lads. Keep personal planning elsewhere

sweet-rasmus

I don't think there's anything healthy there!!
    They may do fruit shakes though, not sure? Like smoothies??
    Apparently they now have soya milk in stock.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Oh I think I know who's to blame then..........

Are there any actual healthy shakes in that place or is it all just sweet stuff?

There are fruit and cereal ones, bout it! You can get squeezed oj etc, but that is expensive for what it is.

Posted from their facebook.
    Wassim 'Shakes'
    Finally some good news
    guys!!....for the past few weeks our supply of soya milk and ice cream
    has always been low because we didnt know how the demand for it would
    be...but now we know and we are stocked up!! So for anyone looking a
    for soya milkshakes head down to Shakes Milkshake Bar at 15 College
    ...Green!! thanks for your patience guys!!

People have been in from them, from teh comments anyway.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

That's great news! Well spotted. It was disappointing reading the above posts, but there is new hope now :)

I'd say it was just teething problems with the place being so new, customers are very unforgiving, still think I'll be giving this sugar feast a miss!

your los

eheheheeh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Thinking of trying this place out at the weekend! One of my friends drinks soya, so I'll make her come too and sample them :D Ferrero Rocher milkshake, here I come!

Advertisement