Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

From Santry to the Quays in Dublin Centre?

• 14-05-2010 7:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Just wondering, but can anyone tell me what the easiest way would be to get from Santry (Hazelwood Apartments, for example) to the city centre near the Quays?

I'm rather confused by the bus timetables, so I could use a bit of help. Any is appreciated =)

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

If you are near the Swords Road end of the complex then the 33, 41, 41a, 41b, 41c and 746 will all take you directly to O'Connell Street from the Swords Road. The 41 group operate roughly every 10 minutes. They return from the Irish Life Centre on Abbey Street. The 16a takes a slight deviation through Beaumont (except in the morning peak).

At the Ballymun Road end your best bet is the 4/4a which operate again to O'Connell Street.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

or if you're at the Ballymun end walk down to Ballymun Rd and get the 4 or 13 from Ikea direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tamith

Aw, thank you guys. :D

I ended up taking the 16a without realizing it, and having to walk much further than I should have, considering the 4a was right down the street lol But I made it into Dublin, got off at the wrong stop, I think...and ended up being too tired to even consider walking to the river (I'd not slept for a loooong time :P). Took the 4a back and made it home on my own without help, so I'm happy about that, at least. :D

I had two quick questions though -
    The first being... how in the world do I know what side of the street to stand on? By that, I'm just wondering if there's a uniform 'left' or 'right' side to stand on based on going North or South... or "Into town" and "out of town"? lol That's partially what screwed me up today. I got on the 16a going the wrong way, and ended up having to get off and cross the street :P Also found out buses are more likely to pick you up on main streets than otherwise >,<

Oh! and a question on how to know if I'm coming to my stop? I'm clueless as to what the neighborhood before it looks like, so how would I notify the driver? I asked the driver on the last bus if he could please let me know when I get there, and he did. Should I go about it that way from now on also?

Thanks again! :)

Advertisement