Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Meteor Contract

Options
  • 14-05-2010 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey folks....like many other Meteor customers I'm a little bit annoyed at not being able to avail of the lovely iphone....

I'm on BillPay Max and only went on that tariff last November signing a 12 month contract. Is there any way out of the contract without penalties so that I can switch to O2 and get the iphone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just buy unlocked iPhone an stay on meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Bill pay max you say?

Give their retention department a ring and see if they can do anything for you. Many people have gotten iPhones off Meteor. Considering you're on Bill Pay max you have a good chance of getting one off them.

Bear in mind that any new contract will start AFTER your current contract is over. You can still get the iPhone immediately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You'll get a ton of iPhones for sale in about, ooh, 6 weeks or so, I'd say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Get an Android i.e. HTC Desire or Legend.

I use both HTC Android and iPhone and quite honestly, the HTC implementation of android makes the iPhone look and feel very obsolete.

The lack of the paid android app store is a bit of a pain, but you can still buy most things via the developers websites and there are heaps of free apps on the store at the moment.

Overall though, I wouldn't fret too much about not having an iPhone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Just buy unlocked iPhone an stay on meteor
    mm yeah new overprised 3GS costing 600 quid...thats an option :)

and agree with above :) get the desire or the legend...their much better than the iphone...iPhone is going down...androids already oversold them in the US... and iPhone has been out in the market much longer than android :) and apps wise android market has millions :)

No need for lies. iPhone has at least twice as many apps as Android. Android is always going to outsell the iPhone because it's on more devices. Same way Windows Mobile was the top phone even though the OS is crap. Android is great and I have a HTC Legend as well as my iPhone but neither OS is perfect and I think they complement each other well. I'd choose the iPhone over Android for Internet and media any day but the HTC is better to use for email, calendar and battery. For me anyways.

mm yeah new overprised 3GS costing 600 quid...thats an option :)

and agree with above :) get the desire or the legend...their much better than the iphone...iPhone is going down...androids already oversold them in the US... and iPhone has been out in the market much longer than android :) and apps wise android market has millions :)
    how many different android phonees is there ?

Lots.

HTC Hero, Legend, Desire and a new Evo coming soon.

Motorola Droid and (I think) Milestone.

There's a couple of Samsung ones too plus the new Sony x10. There's an entry level HTC coming too.

chrislad wrote: »
    Lots.

HTC Hero, Legend, Desire and a new Evo coming soon.

Motorola Droid and (I think) Milestone.

There's a couple of Samsung ones too plus the new Sony x10. There's an entry level HTC coming too.

Then it's even more astonishing that apple are even up There with android as apple only sell 2 models of iPhones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 creamteam

if you want paid apps over 100,000 go to the following address on your phone. HTC Desire see ya iphone. you wont go back after this ..

http://mobile.blackdroid.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

how many different android phonees is there ?

well according on research theres about 1500 android based phones...obviously probably most of them isnt even avaialble to us and are based in china but android is in the majority of phones...

Its in Xperia X10, Samsung Galaxy, HTC Hero, Legend, HTC Desire and many more...really google it :)

HTC Evo 4G out soon which will might have 2.2 android hopefully :) which will blow the iPhone into stone age :)

Advertisement