Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with BT/Vodafone in Swords

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HoldStady

hi
    where do you enter new password and username?
    this is crazy stuff. Upc will be getting my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

You have to log into your Router. Normally http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1

Username & Password for router is normally:

User: admin
    Pass: 1234 or 12345 or admin or password or Password1

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HoldStady

Thanks. That worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bryanL33

Got no warning when I was switched from BT broadband to Vodafone.

The following details worked for me on my Linksys.

Encapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

UserName: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    Password : broadband

Vodafone will only support BT Voyager modems according to their tech support.

bryanL33 wrote: »
    Got no warning when I was switched from BT broadband to Vodafone.

The following details worked for me on my Linksys.

Encapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

UserName: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    Password : broadband

Vodafone will only support BT Voyager modems according to their tech support.

My BY Voyager has that funny thing that it always disconnects after 24 hours and no matter what setting I have, I have to log into the router and hit the connect button again. Even firmware update didn't help.
    Not to mention that down the hall in my room (20 meters) I have zero Wifi...worst Router I had so far.

Can't wait to get Apple's TimeMachine (includes Airport Express).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

My BY Voyager has that funny thing that it always disconnects after 24 hours and no matter what setting I have, I have to log into the router and hit the connect button again. Even firmware update didn't help.

+1

Does anyone know if Eircom does this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

branners69 wrote: »
    +1

Does anyone know if Eircom does this?

Does what? Disconnect your broadband and force you to log in again.?

No, just dodgy router

It's 24 hours on the spot though. I hope it's not BT/Vodafone that forces the disconnect. I kinda got use to it after 10 months, but still annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

It's 24 hours on the spot though. I hope it's not BT/Vodafone that forces the disconnect. I kinda got use to it after 10 months, but still annoying.

It probably is BT/Voda resetting the connection but the modem should reconnect automatically.

They reset the IP addresses regularly but most people do not even notice.

Problem with your router not reconnecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bryanL33

Check the properties of your router to see if the "keep alive" setting is enabled, on the Linksys it appears under the PPPoE settings.

Not sure if this applies to the bt voyager, but it might be a starting point. :)

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

No, just dodgy router

I have read that others have tried many different routers and they all disconnect, not one reconnected automatically?

Are you on Vodafone, what router do you use to avoid this?

bryanL33 wrote: »
    Check the properties of your router to see if the "keep alive" setting is enabled, on the Linksys it appears under the PPPoE settings.

Not sure if this applies to the bt voyager, but it might be a starting point. :)

B

Yeah, I check all the settings. Also that one and keep alive is and has always been enabled.
    I guess it's just like Shane said, a faulty router.

Advertisement