Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Plant Key

Options
  • 14-05-2010 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I have one for fauna, but need one for flora: five plants and a simple key to help identify them. This is one of the experiments for Biology, and I can't find a key in our Edco Biology textbook.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

I've got five types of tree:
    1. Ash
    2. Hawthorn
    3. Blackthorn elder
    4. Holly
    5. Willow

Would this work? Does anyone have a key for these? I can't believe our book doesn't have a key for five plants. The 2006 paper clearly asked for a key to describe five fauna. Dun dun dun.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

You should see the marking scheme for when it was asked... you get full marks for "any reasonable attempt at key design"

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

It was asked in 2006 and doesn't show a diagram, but I'm guessing I could make one (e.g. lobbed leafs etc). Can anyone find a simple tree key diagram online? I've been unexpectedly let down so far today.

Advertisement