Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orwell / Tiernans / Lucan / Usher / UCD League Hill TT 2010-05-13

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo won limit. Diarmuid was second in semi-limit. Blorg third in semi-scratch. Godihatedhills is third fastest Orwell woman, netting herself a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

where was this TT held?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

where was this TT held?

Bohernabreena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

el tonto wrote: »
    DirkVoodoo won limit. Diarmuid was second in semi-limit. Blorg third in semi-scratch. Godihatedhills is third fastest Orwell woman, netting herself a medal.

Well done. Some good times there!

By my reckoning, the median times for each category were:

Scratch: 15:19
    Semi-scratch: 17:11
    Semi-limit: 17:43
    Limit: 20:07
    Women: 20:59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I did crap but I am back to 2nd place on the ladies table :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Commiserations to aidan.offbeat, who missed his start slot but still posted a respectable time despite his late start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

Very impressive times! Not from me, now, but I knew it was gonna be a long day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Enjoyed that. Well enjoyed finishing it anyways. Was a slobbering mess by the line. Lumen looked in pain as I passed him on the descent and Blorg in deep concentration.

Lumen threw himself at the ditch after crossing the line and didn;t move for about 10 minutes. I thought he had died...
    Blorg did a similar thing, but he managed to talk so i knew he wasn't dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Lumen threw himself at the ditch after crossing the line and didn;t move for about 10 minutes. I thought he had died...
    Blorg did a similar thing, but he managed to talk so i knew he wasn't dead.

The scenes at the finish line were funny alright....it would make for some horrific 'interesting' photography

My avg HR was 173bpm .. I think I wasn't deep in the pain cave enough ... took me 2 minutes to recover and I was happy again ( but my time was sh!te )... I really need some of that HTFU people keep talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Photos on Facebook. Pat was saying to me he was half a second ahead of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

blorg wrote: »
    Photos on Facebook. Pat was saying to me he was half a second ahead of me!

i do believe you need to be a friend of Amy-Norah Farrell to see those?

i do believe you need to be a friend of Amy-Norah Farrell to see those?

I can see them and I'm not a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

el tonto wrote: »
    I can see them and I'm not a friend.

odd

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

odd

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

You probably have to be a friend of a friend of hers

Speaking of Pat, great photo of him:

30240_1444436908390_1157147603_31297061_3948362_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You probably have to be a friend of a friend of hers
    That could be it, I have a few mutual friends.

Pat is really going for the Bradley Wiggins look with the legs in that photo, I guess I had never really looked at them in detail before. Look sideways and you could miss them.

Phenomenal photo of Tom in that collection don't you agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

blorg wrote: »
    Phenomenal photo of Tom in that collection don't you agree.

It's brilliant. Words can't describe it. If only he had some way of viewing it, maybe even a way to "tag" himself and "like" the photo too, so people could know it is definitely him and he too is impressed with the quality of the photo.

• Advertisement

Me:

30240_1444434388327_1157147603_31297010_597087_n.jpg

Diarmuid:

30240_1444434788337_1157147603_31297019_7457794_n.jpg

Lumen:

30240_1444435788362_1157147603_31297035_5646465_n.jpg

Damn, forgot to post the Tom one. Sure he can look it up himself I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 DrB

They had the finish in the wrong place. The course was 200m shorter and the climb about 10m less than the last few years. I reckon that makes about 35 seconds difference to times around the 15 minute mark.

DrB wrote: »
    They had the finish in the wrong place. The course was 200m shorter and the climb about 10m less than the last few years. I reckon that makes about 35 seconds difference to times around the 15 minute mark.

There was a strong headwind so I'm not sure times would be comparable anyway.

113942.jpeg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Diarmuid wrote: »
    113942.jpeg

Diarmuid, you appear to have died at about 38 1/2 minutes. I hope I am wrong.

Ivan “I’ve put on weight but I think it might be muscle” McAvinchey
    :D

Advertisement