Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Canin Obesity Management

Options
  • 14-05-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

just wondering if any of ye know where I can buy Royal Canin Obesity Management online? Cant find it on Zooplus.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

medicanimal.com and they always have a 'voucher' 2FOOD4U that gives you 10% off the second item of you buy 2 bags of food. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thank you! I found it! Will buy the wormer and flea treatment on there too!

Grr we get Advocate for fleas/worms and its perscription only. Our vet charges 40 odd euro for 3 months supply (the 25kg+ one) = double the price on medicanimal!!! Now know they're a business and have to make money but a 50% mark up is a bit steep imo.

Never thought of them been presciption although I did keep the packaging from the last round we gave them and couldnt find them online. Those kinda things shouldnt be presciption sure they need them every 3 months!

The websites are making a prefit as well so its far more than 50%mark up.

tk123 wrote: »
    medicanimal.com and they always have a 'voucher' 2FOOD4U that gives you 10% off the second item of you buy 2 bags of food. ;)

ahhhh!! tk123 have you used this site before? I went on last night to order the 6kg bag (£26.60) then as soon as I put in the delivery address it jumps to €39.91. I emailed them and got this pathetic excuse...
    Thank you for your interest with Medicanimal

Please note that shipping rates are shown in Euros (€) for all orders outside the UK.
    If your shipping address is outside of the UK but you would prefer to pay for your order in GBP (£) then the order must be placed through our customer service department. Please note that due to the different pricing structure for the UK there is a flat fee of £5 charged for orders weighing less than 1kg (£10 for over 1kg). If the total value of your order is over £99 this fee is waived.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]I am going to Enniskillen on Saturday anyone know where I can get RC Obesity Management up there?[/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Would Jollyes(sp) pet store have it? 048 66 320350.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    ahhhh!! tk123 have you used this site before? I went on last night to order the 6kg bag (£26.60) then as soon as I put in the delivery address it jumps to €39.91. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

I have used them before but I always buy in bulk and get free shipping. Either way it's cheaper than the vets around the corner and handier for me to get it delivered because I'm still healing from an operation last year - a 6kg bag would be too heavy for me to lift :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

What's so special about Royal Canin Obesity Management?

Is the main purpose for your dog to lose weight? Its just I have a cocker spaniel and 6 months ago he weighed 14kg. He was overweight. I started him on Burns and weighed his food everyday for a target weight of 13kg.

Bought him to the vets recently for his annual vaccs. Weighed him and I was really surprised: 11.5kg. The vet said he was in great condition and very fit. He is 7 years old.

From what I can see Burns would work out alot cheaper than Royal Canin Obesity Management.

Plus, IMO, Burns ingredients are better than Royal Canin Obesity Management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

As far as I am aware, RC Obesity Management is a veterinary food therefore only vets stock it. Online is your best bet for bying it at the lowest price possible. Have you tried a "light" food already? I have found some of these to be very good (Arden Grange and RC) and they get the weight off slowly so that the dog doesn't put it all back on once they have finished the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Hi Tillygirl,

Unfortunately Lorebringer is right. We stock royal canin and have had several requests about the obesity food as our prices are very good but it is only available from vets offices.

I had a chat with our RC rep (who is a vet himself) and he did say that the point of the obesity food is to help your dog lose weight as opposed to being a long term weight management programme.

If you are sticking to the recommended feeding guidelines of the obesity food, - your dog should lose the weight, come out of the "obese" category and can then switch to the appropriate main line RC weight management food.

If you are heading to Enniskillen on saturday anyway maybe call the local vets offices and see what time they open till (lots of vets close early on saturdays) its should be a bit cheaper (VAT differential etc) if you're not going up specially.

Tk123, thats a shocking price for flea and worm doses! :eek: oh wait... how many dogs is that for? I was reading it as for one dog - but its for several I hope?! My big dog Molly is 36kg her flea dose is 11.97 for three months (we pay/charge 3.99 for a 4 week large dog dosage) and her wormer is 7.99 for 3-6months dose.

• Advertisement

Molberts wrote: »
    Tk123, thats a shocking price for flea and worm doses! :eek: oh wait... how many dogs is that for? I was reading it as for one dog - but its for several I hope?! My big dog Molly is 36kg her flea dose is 11.97 for three months (we pay/charge 3.99 for a 4 week large dog dosage) and her wormer is 7.99 for 3-6months dose.

No it's for one puppy (31kgs) - the advocate one does fleas/worms and loads of other stuff too thou.

No it's for one puppy (31kgs) - the advocate one does fleas/worms and loads of other stuff too thou.

more than double the price :( If you're happy with it and its working then that's cool though :)

My dogs don't seem to pick up ticks or anything (all have short coats, no long grass in the garden) so its just basic flea and worm prevention I need to worry about, I know some longer coated dogs need extra care though - my friend is constantly removing ticks from his dog's long coat!

andreac wrote: »
    Would Jollyes(sp) pet store have it? 048 66 320350.

I am going to call into them anyway for a look, thanks for hte number I couldnt remember the name of the store!
    paultf wrote: »
    What's so special about Royal Canin Obesity Management?

Is the main purpose for your dog to lose weight? Its just I have a cocker spaniel and 6 months ago he weighed 14kg. He was overweight. I started him on Burns and weighed his food everyday for a target weight of 13kg.

Plus, IMO, Burns ingredients are better than Royal Canin Obesity Management.

Yes she needs to lose weight (should be around 3kg, was that in November, we got her spayed and she then weighed 4.6kg 6 weeks ago. We have her on RC since then so bringing her to the vet this evening if I can make it in time so will see how she is then. Might try Burns, my mam has her three on it and is very happy with it.
    Have you tried a "light" food already? I have found some of these to be very good (Arden Grange and RC) and they get the weight off slowly so that the dog doesn't put it all back on once they have finished the food.

No the vet said this was the better way to go first to get it off, we had her on the regular Science Plan but I dont know how good it is, we have the other dog on it still (we bought 15kg!) but I might take him off it as well.
    Molberts wrote: »
    Hi Tillygirl,

Unfortunately Lorebringer is right. We stock royal canin and have had several requests about the obesity food as our prices are very good but it is only available from vets offices.

I had a chat with our RC rep (who is a vet himself) and he did say that the point of the obesity food is to help your dog lose weight as opposed to being a long term weight management programme.

If you are sticking to the recommended feeding guidelines of the obesity food, - your dog should lose the weight, come out of the "obese" category and can then switch to the appropriate main line RC weight management food.

Yes that is the plan will get her weighed this evening and go from there. Where is your store?

Burns ftw in our house! The difference compared to RC - his coat is lovely and shiny, nice firm poops that don't stink and only 2-3 times a day compared to 5-6 on Hills (I stupidly put him on it after one of the vets told me he was obese - another one said he wasn't and I could take him off it) also no stinky anal gland issues and a much calmer and relaxed dog. He's slimmed down a bit too since we switched him too it - one of the trainers in his obedience class told me that it's lower fat and that a lot of dogs slim down on it.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Yes that is the plan will get her weighed this evening and go from there. Where is your store?

We are online and also here. Feel free to pm me if you have any food questions I'll be happy to help :)
    Burns ftw in our house! The difference compared to RC - his coat is lovely and shiny, nice firm poops that don't stink and only 2-3 times a day compared to 5-6 on Hills (I stupidly put him on it after one of the vets told me he was obese - another one said he wasn't and I could take him off it) also no stinky anal gland issues and a much calmer and relaxed dog. He's slimmed down a bit too since we switched him too it - one of the trainers in his obedience class told me that it's lower fat and that a lot of dogs slim down on it.

My mum's dogs are doing brilliantly on Burns at the moment! One of her dogs was a little pudgy and has slimmed down on it alright.
    Personally I don't think theres a "one food fits all" solution - once a food is of a certain level of quality then you're laughing :) The problem is trying to wade through all the marketing and mis-information thats out there to find the good ones amidst all the junk food available! :rolleyes:

Advertisement