Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Participants wanted for new TV health series

Options
  • 14-05-2010 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Blind Faith Productions are currently in production with a new Health & Lifestyle series which will air on TV3 from September 2010. The series will be devoted to all aspects of physical and emotional wellbeing. We are looking for participants to take part in a number of features.

If you can relate to any of the topics listed below we want to hear from you!
    • Are you an emotional eater? Is food your biggest source of comfort?
    • Are you a serial dieter? Do you regularly consume ‘diet foods’ in a bid to be slim?
    • Do you use the internet as a health tool? Have you ever self diagnosed/treated yourself with medication/supplements from the internet?
    • Would you like to find the right exercise for you body shape?
    • Do you suffer from abdominal obesity?
    • Do you sweat excessively or suffer from body odour?
    If you have had/have a personal experience with any of the issues listed above and would like to share your story please send your details to us via private message.
    All contact made with us will be treated in the strictest confidence. Potential participants should contact us before May 28th.

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Polley wrote: »
    [*]Would you like to find the right exercise for you body shape?

Right exercise for your body shape?? wtf? :eek:

.. I've heard it all now.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Right exercise for your body shape?? wtf? :eek:
    Well it could be a polite way of saying how obese people should exercise, e.g. low impact like swimming or cycling, rather than running which would be hard on the joints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Is this a take on Embarrassing illness. The show where someone is so embarrassed with some illness they go on tv and spread there legs for everyone to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Polley wrote: »
    [*]Do you use the internet as a health tool?

You realise you're on the internet right now, yeah? Anyone who replies to your company as a result of this shill thread will have used the net as a health tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

You realise you're on the internet right now, yeah? Anyone who replies to your company as a result of this shill thread will have used the net as a health tool.

heheh

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

So you want people to go on national television and reveal very personal information? Wow, what's the catch? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

So you want people to go on national television and reveal very personal information? Wow, what's the catch? :)
    you will get lots of desperate people doing this though i would just love to say READ THE FECKIN stickies to these same people.

I agree with the right exercise for your shape point also - total BS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I think you are all being overly critical TBH.. it may look like a scam but if it helps even one person with any of the problems listed in the OP then it is a good thing.. more info required before making a call (either good or bad) really.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

corkcomp wrote: »
    I think you are all being overly critical TBH.. it may look like a scam but if it helps even one person with any of the problems listed in the OP then it is a good thing.. more info required before making a call (either good or bad) really.

I don't think it's a scam at all. I think it's like all those weight-loss/transformation shows, they claim to be about helping people but are actually veiled voyerism.

Remember, tv has to have nice little beginnings, middles and ends, and life rarely ever turns out that way, even 'reality' television is a manufactured, manipulated facade, and I think we've had so so many of them, I really can't imagine anything revolutionary in this one. But if the producers want to correct me on this, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

well, personally I will be taking somewhat of a less skeptical view, unless the motives are proven to be anything other than helpful. IMO it is likely to be something along the lines of operation transformation i.e. if the subject fcuks up or doesnt achieve the goals set then it will be aired, warts n all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

The problem with these shows, IMO, is these people want it done for them. They could read the stickies, get gym membership, eat healthy, not embarrass themselves, but why do that when they can get someone else to babysit them through it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

well, personally I will be taking somewhat of a less skeptical view, unless the motives are proven to be anything other than helpful.

Eh the motives are to make a tv show, did you not see that in the OP?

Eh the motives are to make a tv show, did you not see that in the OP?

Course I did BTB

@davyjose I agree 100% that a lot of the participants are of from the "quick fix" brigade but not all. I was actually quite impressed with operation transformation tbh. granted, some people will fall off the wagon again but during the follow up shows a lot of them had kept a healthy diet + lifestyle and you would be surprised how little a lot of people really know and they NEED to be shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Course I did BTB

@davyjose I agree 100% that a lot of the participants are of from the "quick fix" brigade but not all. I was actually quite impressed with operation transformation tbh. granted, some people will fall off the wagon again but during the follow up shows a lot of them had kept a healthy diet + lifestyle and you would be surprised how little a lot of people really know and they NEED to be shown.

Never see it tbf. But I've seen that lack of effort in other shows like that.

if you were to ask some of these people the question: "What would you do to lose weight?"
    The honest answer would be: "The minimum I can get away with."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think you are all being overly critical TBH.
    +1, just to note the OP did send me a pm a few days back asking if they could post here. I do not view it as spam really and thought it would do no harm.

I am going to lock this up as it is not constructive and really just snide remarks. I might reopen it in a week or so just to bump it up.

People can pm Polley if interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement