Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV Tier List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Abel in 3rd?
    Dudley & Cody in C-tier?

Riiiiiiiight...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

(It IS the first tier list, though, to be fair.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Rufus on top?! Seriously?

Now i still get top tier abuse despite loyally sticking with my main :pac:

Edit: "list was compiled using top US players". In other words, Justin Wong has biased the hell out of it with his rufus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Filipino Champ said it would be updated every month after tourneys, so it should balance out within a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    Rufus on top?! Seriously?

The list doesn't lie Terry, you knew who to main even before the game was released didn't you, DIDNT YOU!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dan last...joke.

Makes me want to play him more. Saiyko ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hahahahahahaaha aaaaaah Terry theres just no escape for you is there.

I remember putting 'top tier whore' on your title in the super launch interview video and thinking "ah this is getting old now and sure he's talking about rufus here so its not even gonna make sense to anyone new watching this....screw it I can't think of anything else.. "

But now it amusingly fits. Poor terry lol.

Seriously though, what a mental list. I mean....wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »

Edit: "list was compiled using top US players". In other words, Justin Wong has biased the hell out of it with his rufus

So Mike Ross is why Honda's 2nd tier as well, cos they've not given him a single buff at all in Super.

6 - 4 to ibuki against sagat.

From what little experience I've had so far with ibuki myself, this looks quite right actually.

I just don't feel that pressure when I'm against him that I would as other characters.

Ibuki's slide even goes under LOW tiger shots (her kick slide not talking about neck breaker)

Of course if I make a mistake and **** up an input sagat rapes her health bar. You really have to be on the ball with her. Keep a cool head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Apparently Adon only has three good matches in the whole game. I think this tier list can be taken with a whole shaker of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think adon looks terrible. Its weird they rate blanka high still. He got no good buffs and they took stuff away from him. One match I think is wrong from a quick look is cody. Cody owns blanka.

the list is crazy , be interesting to see what the japanese come up with.

It will take months for any kind of realistic tier list to appear and even then it'll have mistakes. Didn't one of the last SF IV lists have Honda going over Fei Long, when any Honda player will tell you that match is an uphill struggle all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ah, Rose, Makoto and Vega in D and bottom of C Tiers, I sure know how to pick my mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Does anyone want to make a tier list?

I was going to put this one up on the website but then I was thinking it would be cool if we had our own tier list. However I cannot get my head around it at the moment, so if someone else wants to volunteer that'd be great.

Orim wrote: »

I was going to put this one up on the website but then I was thinking it would be cool if we had our own tier list. However I cannot get my head around it at the moment, so if someone else wants to volunteer that'd be great.

_____________ Rest of Cast

Guile(no glasses) 0-10

Guile(sunglasses) 10-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Guile 11-0
    (Glasses)

Corrected that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

There was speculation before release that Dan might - gasp - lift off the bottom. Phew. Dodged a bullet there.

Seems his Saikyu training is finally starting to influence Sakura's style, too. That kid always was slow.

It'd be amusing to make our own list for the craic , it'd really be just for fun type thing.

I'd nominate azza and dreddy to head up the whole thing, with input from our higher level guys about their specific characters and how they feel about them.

It'd need its own thread and a deadline otherwise we'd end up discussing things for ages.

It'd be amusing to see how right or wrong we'd get it. I think it could be good fun.

Orim wrote: »

Seriously, we don't have enough players playing each character to an appropriate level to do our own. It'd be total guess work.

I could tell you my initial responses to all the characters v guile if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seantimmins

cant believe Ken is so far down aswel!

Yeah this is why I said it'd only be just for a laugh really.

It's not possible at the moment as we don't have enough experience against every character.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I wana see the Jap's tier list...

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

The tier list is a joke. Rufus is definitely high but not top imo. Sagat surely is still a top tier, its just the americans dont have any good Sagat mains that are good. The tier list is based of justin wong and what he thinks, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

is this list not just a Justin Wong tier list really as he is probably the top US player?

edit: I see someone else already said this.

But how is this compiled really? What do the numbers mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    is this list not just a Justin Wong tier list really as he is probably the top US player?

edit: I see someone else already said this.

But how is this compiled really? What do the numbers mean?

The numbers are based on how many matches each character would win out of ten, assuming that both players are high level and equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Abel top tier.

Nice to see and all but I don't think he'll stay there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

How could we possibly come up with a tier list? :pac:

Yeah as far as tiers go anyway, I said the other day and before that Dud won't pass upper mid imo, maybe a little higher but that's it as far as I can see

Just main top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Lol May, Lol Americans.

Advertisement