Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV Tier List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Here's another Tier list, compiled by Japanese players this time.
    A spoonful of salt helps the tier list go down.
    EventHubs wrote: »

A+
    Rufus, Abel, Sagat, Guile
    A
    Dhalsim, M. Bison (Dictator), Ryu, Ken, Balrog (Boxer), Chun-Li, Ibuki, E. Honda, Akuma
    B+
    Dee Jay, T. Hawk, C. Viper, Zangief, Dudley, Seth, Rose
    B
    El Fuerte, Adon, Vega (Claw), Blanka, Cammy, Cody, Juri, Gouken
    C+
    Hakan, Guy, Fei Long, Gen, Makoto, Sakura
    C
    Dan

Guile A+ should keep some people happy =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Guile should get a retarded tier all to himself

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Me arse is Guile a+!

I mean he's alot better but me arse.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Guile should get a retarded tier all to himself

Funny, that's how I felt about Rufus in vanilla. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Epic lulz at Guile in top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i was with chunners before she was A, just a reminder for everyone.

lolz at terry also.

Placebo wrote: »
    i was with chunners before she was A, just a reminder for everyone.

lolz at terry also.

I thought Chun was always floating just under top tier?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Jap tier list is interesting.

From what I'm hearing now Rufus utterly ultra 2 utterly destroys the shoto's fireball zoning. I imagined his other nerfs would hurt him bad, but this seems to have more than compensated.

Guile is not A tier. He's Gay tier. (no wait thats offensive to gay people, he's a**hole tier, no wait that offensive to a**holes)

Think we have to come up with a new term to define how lame Guile is. Using any other already exsisting terms would be offense to people who are also labelled that.

Sagat should be up there.

Abel I can't comment on but people seem to really hate his new ultra.

Dhalsim should be near the top or just on the edge of it that seems right.

Bison is up there. I think he is stronger overall than Chun now and for sure beter than Seth and Blanka who was rated lower than in vanilla.

The rest in A tier seem right. Honda is an unknown to me.

B+ I agree with Zangief, Seth and Rose being there. Not sure about the others yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Guile is Jedward tier

Since Rose jumped from bottom tier to B+, that makes me better than Cobelcog right?

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote:
    Since Rose jumped from bottom tier to B+, that makes me better than Cobelcog right?

Also, I gather the reason Guile being top of the Jap list is down to how they seem to use him more aggressively than Western players. His charge speed increase could really knock him up a few peg in an aggressive user's hands.

Not saying that actually true, but I can at least see where the idea may come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*sigh* I picked bottom-mid tier again.
    How boring...

Go back to Abel. Play him for more than 5 minutes. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote: »
    Go back to Abel. Play him for more than 5 minutes. That is all.
    But Abel doesn't have a knife!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

As much as I disagree with these tier lists as stated before there are some parts I do agree with.

Bison definitley moved up, new psycho crusher's crossup shenanigans and Psycho Abortion are great buffs, I'd say U1 wont be used anymore.

Low tier Makoto I agree with, her overhead aerial kick sometimes doesn't hit as an overhead, seriously messes up her mixup game, and with that walk speed spacing with her is a pain.

Sakura got one tiny buff I think, her crossup mk (and maybe more + frames advantage for lk tatsu?). U2 is pointless, besides decent anti-air and lp shouken in corner combo. Her U1 wasn't that hard to combo into in the first place and everyone moaned about that. They needed to make U1 not get raped by scaling.

Seth got nerfed, n.j.hp has less active frames and I think less damage, U2 is more easily combo'd but does arse damage (300), and still has that crap health. Shame, I find him fun to play as occasionally

Bison will still use ultra 1 in a few match ups. Its a no brainer for the Rufus match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Thought sakura's new ultra and mk cross have dragged her up quite a bit. Maybe not at uber level but not having to dash into ulta after an ex hurricane kick is awesome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thought sakura's new ultra and mk cross have dragged her up quite a bit. Maybe not at uber level but not having to dash into ulta after an ex hurricane kick is awesome. :)

Fairly certain there was no need to dash in Vanilla either. It just helped with the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Fairly certain there was no need to dash in Vanilla either. It just helped with the timing.

Only midscreen you need to dash, ex tatsu puts them at a distance so it's necessary

• Advertisement

No need to dash midscreen but you do miss the first 2 hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I always found you needed to dash except in the corner, maybe thats just me. Either way it means less dsp-esque rants about net code, when its really my crap execution. Also her hadoukens are a smidge better without the fade out. Not massive changes but I still love playing her, something about hitting 3 ex hurricane kick mix ups in a row that just feels so fulfilling...

She's fun to play as with her lk tatsu combos and ex tatsu mixups, but I find them easy to see coming from a mile away and easy to mash grab out of.
    GorySnake wrote: »
    Low tier Makoto I agree with, her overhead aerial kick sometimes doesn't hit as an overhead, seriously messes up her mixup game

Quick correction, aerial kick only hits overhead when its the ex version, so "lol wut mixup"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

A-Trak wrote: »
    So Mike Ross is why Honda's 2nd tier as well, cos they've not given him a single buff at all in Super.

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

RopeDrink wrote: »
    These are now the 1st OFFICIAL Super Street Fighter IV tiers:

S: Sagat, Balrog, Akuma, Zangief
    A: Ryu, Dudley, Hakan, Rufus, Dee Jay, M. Bison, Chun Li, Seth
    B: Ken, Guy, Juri, Fei Long, Ibuki, Gouken, Makoto, Adon, Blanka, Viper
    C: Vega, T-Hawk, Honda, Dhalsim, Guile, Cody, Abel, Gen, Rose
    D: Cammy, El Fuerte, Sakura
    E: Dan[/I]

This one is even more far fetched then the American one.

This one is even more far fetched then the American one.

It's the closest to what I think is correct so far.

I think Rog is definitely a+ tier for one. I think Sagat is still there. I think the damage nerfs have made Akuma ultra dangerous and I don't think Guile is as world shatteringly good as everyone thinks.

Still disagree with some though, it might just be match up specific but I would have thought Sim would be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I havent seen anyone using his drill to good affect, I though since this was one of his major buffs it would be used non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

It's the likes of Hakan in A tier, and whilst Guile buffs don't instantly push him to A+, he sure as hell is higher then C tier & Makto in B tier that make it look extremely skewed to my eyes.

Also the text "I'm an insider at Capcom Japan and the game is already finished" makes it all the more dubious I reckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

It's the likes of Hakan in A tier, and whilst Guile buffs don't instantly push him to A+, he sure as hell is higher then C tier & Makto in B tier that make it look extremely skewed to my eyes.

Also the text "I'm an insider at Capcom Japan and the game is already finished" makes it all the more dubious I reckons.

Guile is only C tier without glasses.
    With glasses he's SS :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I think that it put Hakan is in A tier kinda shows its not the most accurate. I love the oil man but so far I've yet to fight a character I truely believe that the match up is in Hakan's favour. That said though hes such a different character that I think it'll be awhile before all his tricks are discovered (e.g just found out if you hit someone with F.HK after J.MP then you can reset your opponent and connect with U1) but I think he'll only make it around Mid Tier? Alot of people seem to have given up on him early which is a shame.

Advertisement