Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV Tier List

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Alot of people seem to have given up on him early which is a shame.

No sunglasses. Fact.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    It's the likes of Hakan in A tier, and whilst Guile buffs don't instantly push him to A+, he sure as hell is higher then C tier & Makto in B tier that make it look extremely skewed to my eyes.

Also the text "I'm an insider at Capcom Japan and the game is already finished" makes it all the more dubious I reckons.

I'd definitely drop Hakan and Makoto all right but I really don't think Guile should be in the top tiers.

Hurricane is better but it's still not as versatile as many other ultras.

It's a BIT easier to do big damage combos but he's still no where near Ryu etc.

His wake up game is still weak (although at least hurricane is safe so a desperation Ultra will give you breathing room) and the flash still usually goes the wrong way on cross up because you can't delay the entry of the kick.

Now don't get me wrong he's gotten some great improvements (flash kick hit box and invulnerability, back hand as a poke and combo off boom, faster boom charge etc) but ultimately you're still running away and trying to avoid Sagats/ Ryus/ Rufus's/Giefs/ Rogs super easy to land ultras.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I dunno about the whole "makoto sucks" thing, I mean she's got some issues but I still say she'll end up mid tier at worst in the end..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Theres a lot to be said for getting really good with an unpopular low tier character if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bush80 wrote: »
    Theres a lot to be said for getting really good with an unpopular low tier character if you ask me.

Yup. I played an Irish Vega last week, wiped the floor with me because I've never played a decent Vega. I had no idea what to expect/do. A friend is getting very handy with Gen, also someone you just don't see online.

• Advertisement

DarkTalant wrote: »
    I dunno about the whole "makoto sucks" thing, I mean she's got some issues but I still say she'll end up mid tier at worst in the end..

She does suck in comparison.

However SF4 has always been a game that if you know what you're doing even the low tier characters stand a chance.

I would dare alot of what success I did have was down to people just not having a clue about Guile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

tournament_tier_list_draft.png

This is based on 2000 rounds of offline and online tournaments.

http://www.gytnews.com/articles/commentary/tier-list.html

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

CODY BAYBEE! All I have to say. Besides lol Sagat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Predictably enough all the tier whores jump ship on Sagat as soon as they hear he isn't absolute top tier. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is I hear Sagat's still high up, Top 5 or at the very least Top 10.

• Advertisement

That's the point. "Oh no, this character is merely very good, that just won't do!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

People take tiers way too seriously in this game (I know it's good for technical discussions etc)

Just play the ****ing game

I do play the game, tiers are just an interesting discussion topic. I mained Sakura in Vanilla, I mained Cody when Super was released, I mained Cody when that first list was released, I still main Cody. Im just happy to see him do well in tournaments is all.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

If your not interested in discussing tiers fine, doesn't mean people who do like discussing them are hung up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Shup you Azza yea Top Tier Whore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    Shup you Azza yea Top Tier Whore :D

So is Ryu though.

He's not number 1 though hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Is Bison?

Well according to that list yeah :p Rating 7.580

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

They spelt Bipson wrong :0

Oh and I'm just saying Azza is all, s'all good but I feel that maybe people actually take tiers into account when choosing a character, some people take them a little too seriously is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ramza wrote: »
    s'all good but I feel that maybe people actually take tiers into account when choosing a character, some people take them a little too seriously is all

ramza if you want to say it, just say it

:pac:

My money still says Rufus for top.

I'd say the Top 3 in that list of tournament results: Bison, Rufus and Ryu could be tops, but replace Ryu with Akuma, in my opinion. Ryu still nearly tops though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

"Global" Ranking
    A
    Guile, Abel, Chun-Li, Dictator, E. Honda, Boxer, Rose, Blanka

Happy_cat.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yes Blanka is clearly A-Tier....I told Nemo and Mago to say this only so we can give Bush and Sagat08 abuse for using such a cheesy character!

Don't see whats so odd about Chun being high tier Placebo. She's very strong in this.

As for Rose I think she's solid B tier now, her ultra 2 is pretty good but I don't see her that high.

Azza wrote: »
    Yes Blanka is clearly A-Tier....

:pac:

Yes Blanka is clearly A-Tier....It told Nemo and Mago to say this only so we can give Bush and Sagat08 abuse for using such a cheesy character!

Don't see whats so odd about Chun being high tier Placebo. She's very strong in this.

As for Rose I think she's solid B tier now, her ultra 2 is pretty good but I don't see her that high.

I'd agree with this. Also not sure Guile should be that high either, he's solid but he still has some of his old issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Mago and Nemo created two lists - a "Global" list based on info they've compiled from talking to players, on message boards, etc

Thats a bit of a subjective list.
    chun-li = A [Maybe shes in A because he plays her?]
    ryu = B

how is rose above ryu aswell.

anyway
    Arcadia Ranking makes a bit more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

he's solid but he still has some of his old issues.

Like what?? I'm finding him much harder

Cheesy = bison-reg-cvs-stance.gif :P

Advertisement