Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV Tier List

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Like what?? I'm finding him much harder

FK still gets beaten by alot of stuff as anti air even if you use the special improved hit box light flash kick.

Still basically no option but to block on wake up.

The problem onf most of his combos relying on difficult links and not being safe is still partially there, although the impovements on the american backfist mean you can throw out a instead of risking the FK and still get decent damage if it lands.

Ultra situation is alot better but it's still low damage and combo inviable (FADC requires some good timing does low damage and is not worth the meter).

That said, I loves me some super Guile, flash kicking through meaty fireballs, quick recover bazooka knee, sweep/ low tiger invulnerable sobat, quicker boom speed and oh yeah THE SHADES.

Now if only I can get the kara flash kick Dagger G was talking about to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Guile frustrates people. Thats what makes him good.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Really doesn't matter that Flash Kick isn't perfect as anti air, Guile has so many anti options its not even funny.

Guile has no answer for cross ups on wake up which is only fair. If you get in on Guile you should get a reward.

His BNB's are difficult though. C.LP to C.MP is till only 1 frame and damage isn't that good.

He's pretty good now because of his improvements combined with the nerfs alot of the cast got.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

american backfist

Is that the actual name of Guile's backfist? I love it!

As for this new tier list, its another I dont agree with fully. Honda at A tier? I heard he received very few buffs? Funny how Mago's tier list puts Fei Long at A, so wrong, isnt he basically the same in Vanilla? Rufus is really low in the Global ranking as well, and theres other stuff but thats enough for now.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Guile frustrates people. Thats what makes him good.

It's true. I know I've won when I see the other player seize up beside me.
    Azza wrote: »
    Really doesn't matter that Flash Kick isn't perfect as anti air, Guile has so many anti options its not even funny.

Guile has no answer for cross ups on wake up which is only fair. If you get in on Guile you should get a reward.

His BNB's are difficult though. C.LP to C.MP is till only 1 frame and damage isn't that good.

He's pretty good now because of his improvements combined with the nerfs alot of the cast got.

I'm not arguing that Guile isn't good now, I'm just saying he isn't A tier. I think Capcom did a very good job of turning him into a viable and in certain circumstances even a fun character to pick. But at the end of the day you're not doing the same damage in combos with him as say Ryu and as you say it's difficult to fend off a wake up cross up with him so you often get hit with that big damage. I know that he'd be an unstoppable beast if they gave him any of these things. :)

• Advertisement

GorySnake wrote: »
    american backfist

Is that the actual name of Guile's backfist? I love it!

Unfortunately not, I picked it up off the commentary of a few of Dieminion's matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

And yet i'll still main Sakura.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xinkai wrote: »
    No you won't.

Play Dan, Ultra 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

BUT I DUNT WANA B TOP TIRE

Cobelcog wrote: »
    BUT I DUNT WANA B TOP TIRE

then do us all a favour and pick f&?^ing Dan!

• Advertisement

"And in a completely unexpected twist, Cobelcog won his 5th Inferno tournament with a Gadouken~Super Taunt finish.

Shortly thereafter, we threw him in the George wearing nothing but a leotard."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Cammy... Top Tier?!

I think Mago put her at A because of Sakonoko. Honestly, this list seems founded too much in personal experience.

Cammy is my main and while I think she's brilliant I'm not sure what has changed between vanilla (where I regularly saw her placed in D tier) and super?! Her Ultra 1 was changed so FADC into it does less damage, right? What buffs did she get? Wasn't Cannon Spike nerfed?

Watch some Sakonoko, Sanford Kelly, Justin Wong or Cobelcog play.

Cammy is lethal in the right hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I like how you all have to namedrop me because you know I'm reading lool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Watch some Sakonoko, Sanford Kelly, Justin Wong or Cobelcog play.

Cammy is lethal in the right hands.

See my thread. I'm only too aware of how awesome she is, but my point still stands I think. Also, I didn't know Jwong uses her, must go searching! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

See my thread. I'm only too aware of how awesome she is, but my point still stands I think. Also, I didn't know Jwong uses her, must go searching! Thanks :)

There was an great match between justin wong and combofiend where they both used her. I think it was on levelups youtube channel.

EDIT: Found it, wont embed for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaO9NNbyKb4&playnext_from=TL&videos=GblKzDE8wJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBUpf4YTio4&playnext_from=TL&videos=6k35lORkXkk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cobelcog wrote: »
    I like how you all have to namedrop me because you know I'm reading lool

well now that we have your attention, you're a shitebag :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Remember changes to other characters can result in a character with little changes moving up on the list. I remember I used to just DP cammy when she came at me with cannon strikes, no longer.

Sisko wrote: »
    I remember I used to just DP cammy when she came at me with cannon strikes, no longer.

There's a joke waiting to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Honda top Tier?

Yesssss!

Wooh, high five Terry o/
    (You know I've never believed all those posts from top tier haters dissing you........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Xinkai wrote: »

Don't try to low-tier pride, I was at the BB competition the other week. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

It's that time of the month again. http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Say hello to #1 Chun. I agree with most of the characters in Top/High tier. Dee Jay is still way overrated in this game and thats not me being salty from how different he feels in Super. Poor damage off of his combos, which are character specific, some he can do 2 cr.lp, some only 1, hard to hit confirm off of one cr.lp. U1 is useless, U2 is very hard to combo into midscreen but it does do big damage, only way Dee Jay can land big damage. His zoning sucks, decent projectile, but no AA options besides slide (which correct if Im wrong you can just empty jump against and requires precise timing and spacing to launch into juggle state) and upkicks, which you wont have the charge for after a Maxout.

All the tier lists have placed him at Mid, but I've never seen a pro play as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Makoto dead last? I don't play her, but I find that hard to believe.

Also does Abel now go evens with Akuma? I know the loop is gone but Abel still has massive trouble with the vortex.

Makoto dead last? I don't play her, but I find that hard to believe.

Also does Abel now go evens with Akuma? I know the loop is gone but Abel still has massive trouble with the vortex.

Tier lists are never perfect. I said it elsewhere, Bison being an easier match for Guile than honda is mental.

According to tiers, Abel just about nudges out Ryu & Akuma at 6-4.

I saw talk on SRK that he's got some nasty traps for them (blocked Step Kick -> back-throw/block OS ~ EX FS).
    Plus he can deal huge damage easily.

Go on, call me top tier now. I dare ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

animaX wrote: »
    Nah, but I'm definitely calling Farz(and BanjoB) the new Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

You are top tier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

justin wong
    marn
    ricky ortiz
    terry

no one has to call you anything
    its quite obvious

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    You are top tier

You are a liar sir :p
    Placebo wrote: »
    justin wong
    marn
    ricky ortiz
    terry

Is that the list of players that are streets better than you?!

Advertisement