Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry

Options
  • 14-05-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Hi, Hope im in the right section.

I looking at a week holidays in Kerry around June 2010. More specifically Lough Leanne, Killarney area. Anyone know where I can book self catering cottage for a couple, for less than €400 for a week around 14/06/10.

Some websites I have looked at online, seem to be based in the UK. I rang a few 1800 numbers again seems like the agent was based in a foreign country or belonged to a larger holiday company. Prices I have been Quoted are from €400 up to €895. I want to holiay in Ireland but this is ridiculous!.

Anyone any recommendations for better value and more local. I would prefer to keep my money here.

Thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

A quick google brought up www.goireland.com, which seems to have a few cheaper options. I've never used them, so don't know anything about them.

Edited to add that the discover ireland (i.e. bord failte) website has lots of links on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭trabpc

Thanks, CASTLEROSSE HOTEL COTTAGE looks lovely. but €695 for a week self catering.

Could this be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

How many rooms does it have? If it's a 3 bed sleeping six adults it's great value I guess (you wouldn't get a hostel for 16.50pppn), but if it's just two of you, you might get a hotel nearly as cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

trabpc wrote: »
    Thanks, CASTLEROSSE HOTEL COTTAGE looks lovely. but €695 for a week self catering.

Could this be right?

you would be better off going a couple miles from killarney, houses get cheap the further away you go, you should be able to obtain one for 300 euro or less, as these prices have all come down by hundreds, there are beautiful spots around kerry, say glencar, caragh lake, cromane, all within 20 minuit driving distance of killarney, killorglin, glembeigh, on the ring of kerry, in these places there are beautiful walks with houses at a more realistic price, some people who rent out must not have heard of the collapse of the economy, there is beaufort, fossa, gap of dunloe, all with plenty amenities for a nice holiday within 10 minuit drive of killarney and killorglin, as i say there are plenty nice places, google them and you will see.

Just the two or us. But most B&Bs I rang are looking for €45 PPS thats €90 per night and that works out at €630 for the week. I would be happy with self catering Cabin/similar but still being quoted crazy prices. Ill stick with it a bit more but if no luck by this week iil be off to the sun. Mad as I fancied holidaying in Ireland this year.

Thks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Did you look on Done Deal or Daft, there is lots of holiday rentals on both those websites now.

Daft Was Great. Got a Place for the Week for €300. Very happy and thanks to spiskins72.

I had rang a few B&Bs but they would not move from €40 pp per night!%^£, even when I said Id stay for a week, No sorry rate is rate. Oh dear €560 for a B&B for the week. feels like 2007!!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

people tend to forget about those 2 websites, have seen lots of places advertised on them! good ya got sorted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cruisy

Hey - Skelligs worth the trip off Valentia, mightn't be able to visit them for too much longer. fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Cruisy wrote: »
    Hey - Skelligs worth the trip off Valentia, mightn't be able to visit them for too much longer. fab.

Why is that?

How much does it cost to go out to them? Heading down that way at the weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement