Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very ill and exam tomorrow- help please

Options
  • 14-05-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Very ill and I've an exam tomorrow in the RDS. I'm going to my GP at 2pm this afternoon, if I get a doctor's note from him is there any way of submitting it with the exam so they can take poor performance into consideration when marking, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Gladiator.

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Very ill and I've an exam tomorrow in the RDS. I'm going to my GP at 2pm this afternoon, if I get a doctor's note from him is there any way of submitting it with the exam so they can take poor performance into consideration when marking, etc?

[HTML]hideous amount of food consumed[/HTML] :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Im not quite sure they take illness into account if you sit the exam. Its more like if youre sick dont do it and resit it next semester or whenever its offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Thanks guys, got in touch with student advisor and he sent me an extenuating circumstances for which I can fill out and include my doctor's cert. They take illness into account when marking.

I'm got bronchitis, gastroenteritis, throat infection and lots of other stress related symptoms. Doctor told me to avoid sitting exam at all costs and have given me a cert for ten days :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If at all possible, turn up to your exam tomorrow and try and sit it. If you go to the school and give them the extenuating circumstances form, they will take it into account when marking the paper.

Regarding what happens if you don't sit your exam(s) - the result will depend on your individual school. Some may allow you to take a re-sit (due to extenuating circumstances) where your grade wouldn't be capped, while others may take it as a re-sit, and the result would be capped.

Had I seen this thread earlier today I'd have advised you to contact the relevant school and to see what they advised you to do (I know it's a bit late now, sorry!), but if you haven't been in touched with them I think the best thing would be to try and sit the exam tomorrow and ask the school to take it into account.

Best of luck tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Hi Convert,

thanks for the advise, going to sit it, studying away now! Already feel slightly better thanks to meds from doctor. Hopefully there'll be an improvement in the morning. My 21st party is tomorrow night too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Hi Convert,

thanks for the advise, going to sit it, studying away now! Already feel slightly better thanks to meds from doctor. Hopefully there'll be an improvement in the morning. My 21st party is tomorrow night too :eek:

Happy Birthday. Hope you feel better and the exam wasn't too awful

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Did you sit it? With extenuating circumstances you can sit it another time uncapped. I'm sitting one tomorrow because I was sick all last week.

Advertisement