Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked Plinth

• 14-05-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The plinth at the front of the house has become weathered looking and needs touching up. Also it is cracked in a few places, so I was wondering if there's anyway of concealing the cracks while doing the re-painting? Is there a product available that one could paint/roll on to hide/mask the cracks. These cracks arent huge, but I'd like to hide them if possible. The plinth is about 2-3 feet in height.

Thanks

W.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Are these hairline cracks or more than hairline? If they are hairline, a couple of coats of paint will do, if they are bigger then you will have to make these cracks bigger and fill with exterior polyfiller....

I suppose its no harm to fill the hairline cracks with the exterior filler also then paint away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Here's some pictures of the cracks, one being slightly worst than the other.

I might have been mistaken but I recall recently an ad on TV advertising a product to help conceal/mask these types of cracks etc., I think it might have been a polybond product but I'm open to correction?

W.

Advertisement