Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire - Places to Chill, Eat...etc

Options
  • 14-05-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering, apart form the cinema, where there are nice places to chillax in Dun Laoghaire. Food places. Ice cream...etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Most of the things i enjoy in DL are based around the sea front. a stroll along the East Pier, or a bite to eat in Mao's. Maybe the People's Park on a sunday for the farmer's market or a walk down to Sandycove for a swim at the 40Foot.

Obviously no walk along the front in DL is complete without a visit to Teddies' Ice cream!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

Dun Laoghaire... McDonalds or Burger King. Period. But no, on a more serious note you should try and stay away from the main street which I personally think is the worst part of Dun Laoghaire, although you could try the new crêperie there. The seafront isn't too bad with Mao's and Itsa Bagel, then further down is the People's Park which is pleasant on a sunny day. Apart from that I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

The harbour bar and grill doe a good lunch/dinner. They're on marine road, just up from the pavilion and viking marine, on the opposite side i.e. just up from DLRCoCo's main entrance.

There's also an italian restaurant down by Mao's that looks good.
    And there's another restaurant just past teddy's on the way to sandycove, can't remember the name and haven't been in a while. It's pretty good though

Advertisement