Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 5, Episode 7 - "Amy's Choice"

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

There were lots of times the Doctor + Rose would joke about all the mad planets they visited outside of the aired episodes (in fact I distinctly remember Mickey & Jackie getting distinctly ticked-off at her incessant nattering about it). So it seems ok to me that Amy's also acting like she has been travelling for some time.

There was a point in Blink where Sally Sparrows meets the Doctor for his first time, while he and Martha are chasing aliens. Or being chased. That was never an episode.

Of course we are seeing the "hilights" of their time together, or else Rose and the Doctor were together for about 3 weeks.

I assume they occasionally go lie on a beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

People have been saying that Amy seems to know the Doctor too well, or that she's far too comfortable with him and the extraordinary adventures he's brought her on. Is it really that surprising? She spent so much of her childhood obsessing about and imagining adventures with the Doctor, and now that she's actually living her childhood dream she probably feels much truer to herself than she ever did in Leadworth.

Plus, she's crazy, so a madman with a box makes for perfect company. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I've started to agree on the fact that Amy seems to know the Doctor too well. Or it maybe as the last poster said, that it's part of her obession. And it's possible that she's 'filling in the blanks' herself and attaching meaning and intimacy that simply isn't there. After all didn't the Dream Lord scoff at the notion that she is the only woman the Doctor trusts implicitly or something like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Does the reflection of The Dreammasters face in the Tardis a hint to that he is still an active part of the Doctors psyche?
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh I got that the pollen was only the catalyst, but even that seemed a bit pat. I dunno, maybe it was because we weren't really given much time to swallow this revelation that it seemed a bit too flippant by half: oh look it was just a strange hallucination brought on by pollen, time to go. Maybe I'm just seeing shadows were there are none.

Then again, this being Dr. Who, I wouldn't write off the Dreamlord returning as a physical being through some mcGuffin or resurrection-potion (vomit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Does the reflection of The Dreammasters face in the Tardis a hint to that he is still an active part of the Doctors psyche?
    That would be my opinion anyway

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Thought that myself, I'd say it hints to him returning later in the series.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I assume so. I'm not sure we'll see it re-examined anytime soon though. I think it was just to show us there's a darker side to the Doctor, something we rarely see except in episodes like "Human Nature/Family of Blood".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I rather liked how Rory was a Doctor and so Amy is having "a" Doctor's child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

We never saw who the "actual" father was......

Hopefully they will have post online only unrated version shows the deed.... :pac:
    Art_Wolf wrote: »
    I rather liked how Rory was a Doctor and so Amy is having "a" Doctor's child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

i totally missed this because of illness, and even maaged to miss the friday night repeat, first time thats ever happened, even when Who was up against corry (when we had things called a video recorder :D)

i would imagine BBC3 will repeat it in June/July, so will avoid this thread till then !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It'll be on BBC3 this Friday as well

Edit: Oh wait no it won't, sorry, was replying on my phone and thought this was the Hungry Earth thread, never mind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Thought i put a link to where to watch online up here? Or is that not allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I don't think they allow links to steaming sites in the forum, but if you pm it it's ok.

Personally, I thought the wrap up at the end is something that's becoming a 11th Doctor theme. He doesn't seem to like anything drawn out, explainations, emotions (literally throwing Amy to Rory to tell him why she *killed* them in the dream world).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

angelll wrote: »
    Thought i put a link to where to watch online up here? Or is that not allowed?

Yep, you can not link to episodes unless they are from a legitimate source - the BBC site, Hulu etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just re-watching this episode at the moment... Its just fantastic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Indeed it is! :D

One thing that occurred to me when I watched it again recently - how did the art team manage to tidy up the TARDIS after they had frosted it over like that? Must have been a tough job! It was an amazing effect, anyway.

Advertisement