Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin to buy Rapid Revision books?

Options
  • 14-05-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I was in Easons earlier and they don't stock Rapid Revision Higher Level Mathematics by Sean O'Brien.

Does anyone know where in the city does?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

How odd, saw it in Easons in OC Street the other day! Try "alan Hannahs" in rathmines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

zam wrote: »
    How odd, saw it in Easons in OC Street the other day! Try "alan Hannahs" in rathmines

It was Easons in Swords that didn't have it. I called Talbot Street and they don't stock it either but confirmed OC do have it and will hold it for me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The wise owl shops have rapid revision books.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I would not recommend getting a Rapid Revision for Maths. It's really unnecessary to buy a revision book for maths.

Just use your past papers and your book. Spend a little more money on The Celtic Press's solutions book set and work away at the past papers.

Ruski wrote: »
    I would not recommend getting a Rapid Revision for Maths. It's really unnecessary to buy a revision book for maths.

Just use your past papers and your book. Spend a little more money on The Celtic Press's solutions book set and work away at the past papers.

But the Rapid Revision has solutions on every topic too, what's the difference between that and the Celtic Press' solutions?

• Advertisement

LA3G wrote: »
    But the Rapid Revision has solutions on every topic too, what's the difference between that and the Celtic Press' solutions?

Rapid Revision has examples to only some past paper questions. The Celtic Press' has solutions to every question dating back to about ten years ago and different methods to solving them. So if you're doing past papers, just flick to a page when you're stuck and you'll be able to progress with your question. Handy little thing.

Ruski wrote: »
    Rapid Revision has examples to only some past paper questions. The Celtic Press' has solutions to every question dating back to about ten years ago and different methods to solving them. So if you're doing past papers, just flick to a page when you're stuck and you'll be able to progress with your question. Handy little thing.

Sounds good, I checked in Eason's on O'Connell Street when I was there and they didn't have Celtic Press, do you know anywhere in Dublin City I can buy them? This late I don't really want to be waiting on post...

Rang Eason's O'Connell Street schoolbooks department and they were able to dig it out for me and hold it until I can get in. €11.

Thanks for all the input.

Try Reads on Nassau Street. Or any Wise Owl shops.

EDIT: Thumbs up to the link in your sig. The Onion is amazing.

Confirmed, Celtic Press Maths Solutions > Rapid Revision Maths.

This will be an amazing study aid.

• Advertisement

LA3G wrote: »
    Confirmed, Celtic Press Maths Solutions > Rapid Revision Maths.

This will be an amazing study aid.

Enjoy. ;D

If you're having trouble understanding concepts, get your book and an empty copy. Rewrite all the explanations in shorthand for each chapter (either by chapter order or the order of questions on the paper. I recommend the latter). Also use it for proofs and examples of questions. That's what I did and now I can easily understand maths. I do the same for Applied Maths.

Advertisement