Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Not Available

• 14-05-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I rang UPC to order broadband and phone but they told me its not available. I know for a fact someone on the road beside me has it and I already have the digital TV service. I saw them upgrading my house with the new cables etc. I'm convinced it is available they just haven't updated there system. Has anyone else experienced this frustration?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

In some cases it's a neighbour that is the problem. They wont allow UPC on their property to do whatever work needs to be done, and because of this people cant get broadband.

Thats what happened me, but fortunately there was some other problem in my estate and upc had to reroute the cables from opposite direction and luckily I was able to get broadband then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Yes. UPC staff don't seem to know what's going on.

I've been ringing them every year for the last few years and they keep telling me they are planning to upgrade the cable in my estate. That changed this week to "definitely" upgrading the cable but they have no idea when.

Ive a HD TV but no HDTV signal and I wanted to get their 30MB BB service and get rid of the phone line. If they could give me so sort of estimate I would stay with them but Im not waiting any longer and gonna switch to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bossdon

Ye im gonna switch back to sky too i think much better service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sybes

bossdon wrote: »
    I rang UPC to order broadband and phone but they told me its not available. I know for a fact someone on the road beside me has it and I already have the digital TV service. I saw them upgrading my house with the new cables etc. I'm convinced it is available they just haven't updated there system. Has anyone else experienced this frustration?

I hear this. There's two estates around the one I live in, and they both have UPC, as well as two new streets in my estate that I know verbatim have UPC as well. Yet, the rest of this estate is left high and dry.

This is really bloody frustrating. We have eircom, which is slow and bloated and disconnects with my XBox every 25 minutes like clockwork. And between four of us using the net, it always goes over the usage limit.

I wish these clowns would pull the thumb out and get this place wired for it.

I wouldn't mind, but UPC did loads of upgrade work in this estate recently. They were here for like two weeks.

Buttholes.

/rant

Advertisement