Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times - Friday 14th

• 14-05-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

See Dr. Colossus and Tomasrojo have made the national papers today. I wasn't aware we were at the coalface of anything, but there you have it...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2010/0514/1224270355334.html

(if this is posted somewhere else please delete it. Or, ideally, delete the other thread. Whichever.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Pity they used a stock image form the US, plenty to photograph out there.

Lol at this bit:
    Since the site went live, Cork has fixed nine potholes.

Wow, impressive work rate from Cork county council!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Nice to see David Wall said 'motor tax' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

“We demand safe roads so that we can safely bring our children to school,” he says.

wont somebody theink of the children :D

F*ck em i say taking their kids to school in there suv's, they should walk

/end rant and sweeping generalisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

wont somebody theink of the children :D

F*ck em i say taking their kids to school in there suv's, they should walk

/end rant and sweeping generalisation
    The bit just before your quote makes it clear that she's talking about children on bikes too:
    “Cars and cyclists ferrying children to school have to drive on the wrong side of the road to avoid the potholes.” Joyce is the secretary of Coolfancy National School Parents Association and has organised community meetings that have been attended by Wicklow county councillors.

I was quite pleased to see cyclists briging children to school being mentioned along with motorists. Makes a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

you just cant get a good friday thread going any more

Advertisement