Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy ... any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

I have just read the email. 8th of March. Really wonder how many they have cald back. Whats the interview like? Going to be akward asking my boss for a reference ha dont think he is going to be to pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

Hey all. Can anyone else who received an email forward me on the interview guidance attachment please. I never received it, I asked for it again and got an email saying please find interview guidance letter attached. but there was no attachment again. ha.

Another thing I was in the RDF a couple of years ago, anyone know where I can get a copy of the LA 89 Certificate??

Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Probably best to contract the Orderly Room of your old unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Still having no luck with a bed and breakfast close by... Is it possible to get the ferry across from cobh? Does that drop you off near haulbowline? I have to be there at 7:30am so whats the earliest it leaves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Still having no luck with a bed and breakfast close by... Is it possible to get the ferry across from cobh? Does that drop you off near haulbowline? I have to be there at 7:30am so whats the earliest it leaves?

If you still have nothing at this stage, then get a room in the Hotel in Carrigaline, and book a cab to get you there in time.
    Naval Boat transport is for naval personnel only, unless it expressly says you can use it in your email. The river ferry from cobh crosses to nowhere near Haulbowline. I suggest you look at the map on osi.ie to see where you are going(google maps thinks haulbowline doesn't exist)

• Advertisement

If you still have nothing at this stage, then get a room in the Hotel in Carrigaline, and book a cab to get you there in time.
    Naval Boat transport is for naval personnel only, unless it expressly says you can use it in your email. The river ferry from cobh crosses to nowhere near Haulbowline. I suggest you look at the map on osi.ie to see where you are going(google maps thinks haulbowline doesn't exist)

Just after finding one in Raffeen, the place you mentioned in your earlier post... Looks to be a bit of a distance away... About 4/5km? Which would be easily walkable depending on the weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Just after finding one in Raffeen, the place you mentioned in your earlier post... Looks to be a bit of a distance away... About 4/5km? Which would be easily walkable depending on the weather!

Its a good walk, footpath all the way, but won't you be expected to do fitness thingys on the day?
    For the sake of personal comfort, book a cab to bring you there. There are loads of companys in Carrigaline. I'm sure the B&B would have a few reliable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭rockagusroll

If theres a few of us heading down on the same dates it would make sense to stay at the same place and share the taxi in the morning.. Anyone down on the 28th?

Got the email today saying to report at the Naval Barracks at 07.30 on the 28th for the full day. My original email said i only had to do medical and fitness as i've already done the interview? I'm going to call them and see if i've to do it again. Best of luck to everyone else!

Well, did you find out if you have to do the interview again?

I cant get through to them and they didn't reply to my email so i'm just going to take it as i've another interview, hopefully it goes well!What date are you down?

• Advertisement

I cant get through to them and they didn't reply to my email so i'm just going to take it as i've another interview, hopefully it goes well!What date are you down?

You'll be grand anyway if you already flew the first one. I'm down on the 9th for the full day so will be heading down the day before...

Yea i'm headin down the day before too, actually taking a spin down tomorrow to try sort somewhere to stay and have a look around the place!

Yea i'm headin down the day before too, actually taking a spin down tomorrow to try sort somewhere to stay and have a look around the place!

I found a B&B that's only about 5/6km up the road from the island if that's any good to ya? I'm gonna ring up myself tomorro and get it sorted, see if I can get a taxi out the following morning that early.

I found a B&B that's only about 5/6km up the road from the island if that's any good to ya? I'm gonna ring up myself tomorro and get it sorted, see if I can get a taxi out the following morning that early.

Yea nice one, cheers. Sure i'l let ya know what i find tomorrow and if i don't get anything booked then i'll get onto you for the name of that place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LMG

They don't seem to answer there phones at all. I have rang three different numbers and no joy. I just want to find out if I have to do the interview again. Has anyone found out about this?

LMG wrote: »
    They don't seem to answer there phones at all. I have rang three different numbers and no joy. I just want to find out if I have to do the interview again. Has anyone found out about this?

I'm in the same boat as you.. Just take it that we've to do it again and at least we're prepared that way!

Yeah, ye shouldn't worry about the interview if you've both done it already and got on grand :)

Hows your fitness?

The pushups and situps should be grand and I got a 9.28 last time i timed the run :) How you getting on with yours?

10:15... Not stopping till I get it down under 10 though! Tarmac is tough on the knees! The push ups and sit ups are pretty easy for me tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

Does anyone know how many they have called back and how many they are recruiting this time around? I rang them a few times to find out but got no answer...

• Advertisement

The pushups and situps should be grand and I got a 9.28 last time i timed the run :) How you getting on with yours?

Your down on the 28th? Try find out how many are been taken on and how many are been tested! :D

Yea I'm down on Monday, i'l find out as much as I can and let you's know ;)

Yea I'm down on Monday, i'l find out as much as I can and let you's know ;)

cheers mate, nice one!

Well lads. Was down there today for medical and fitness, didn't have to do another interview and neither did the other lads. Looks like its about 40 they're taking on but i'm not sure how many are expected down!

Cool, how many lads were down with ya? Did any fail the medical or fitness?

There was 6 of us there, one or two never turned up.. No-one failed either but i think a couple lads might have to repeat parts of the medical!

The more who don't turn up the better, right? Take it you flew it? How's the run? All flat ground?

Congrats anyway, hopefully u get it!

The more who don't turn up the better, right? Take it you flew it? How's the run? All flat ground?

Congrats anyway, hopefully u get it!

Cheers mate and best of luck to you too! The more the better is right ;) Yea the run was grand, mostly flat ground with just a little incline on the bridge, just pace yourself and you'll be fine!

Well lads. Was down there today for medical and fitness, didn't have to do another interview and neither did the other lads. Looks like its about 40 they're taking on but i'm not sure how many are expected down!

Cheers for getting back to us chap, I'm down now on Thursday, puts my mind at ease knowing I don't have to do the interview again, well more than likely I don't anyways seeing as you and the other lads didn't have to, I should fly through the fitness test and have no problems with the medical, suppose they are just going to pick the best of the best though so hopefully too many aren't getting called back!

• Advertisement

Yea all we can do is our best and then hopefully not too much more waiting! Best of luck!

Advertisement