Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my tickets for xfactor 2010, however . . .

Options
  • 14-05-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just got me tickets to be an audience member for the xfactor, Dublin in 2010. But the venue on the ticket says that its in the Convention Centre, on the convention centre it says that it will not be open until September, the xfactor show is on the 28th of June. So does anyone know if its opening early or anything? www.theccd.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

how do you get tickets for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I was invited by ulsterbank, I don't know how every1 else got there's

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

That's odd Dillo. If there's a number on your tickets I would call..if not then call the contact number on the convention centre website. Doesn't sound like it'll be ready by June at all seeing as the building hasn't even been completed. I reckon there'll be a change of venue...enjoy the show tho, it'll be fun:)

Hi,
    I just got an email reply from the convention centre and they told me that the xfactor will be held pre the official opening. They said that the centre should be fully complete within the next 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm going to this too, can't wait! My friend applied for them last year and was only notified a few days ago that she got tickets.

dillo2k10, what time are you going at? It says 6.15 on our tickets, seems very late. I take it they turnover the audience a few times during the day so the most people possible get to see the auditions?

• Advertisement

Yea, thats my time too, there is also a show at 1.15. Yea from 6.15 until 10.30. Two of my friends(Sepperatly) got through to the stage where they get to meet the judges already so Ill get to see them there.
    Cant wait, only problem is that I thought my ticket was for me plus 6 so I invited 6 friends but its 6 including me. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I got tickets too, glad the convention centre have confirmed it.

The staircase at the front of it have loads of X's, a good opportunity to use it for footage :D I bet they'll light it up to highlight the X's. Looking forward to seeing inside.

centre.jpg

I hope people don't start queueing too early!

I know it's just stupid to que up really early, they said that peoe are not to arrive until 30 minutes before hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cavinio

hey! just got my tickets confirmed there..cant wait!
    im not from dub, so was just wondering can u get dart or anythin to the convention centre! im in for 1:15 sitting?

Im pretty sure that its just by car or foot, but Im not 100%, there might be a dart stop near it, but I dont think so. Just walk/drive along the liffey as if you were going to the o2 and you will see it

• Advertisement

cavinio wrote: »
    im not from dub, so was just wondering can u get dart or anythin to the convention centre! im in for 1:15 sitting?

Cavinio are you travelling by car or public transport? If you're going to be arriving by bus or train for instance, the Convention Centre is probably only a 15 minutes walk from both Busaras and Connolly Station.

thats cool thanks, im on google nopw, should b able get there no probs! cant wait now..

Cavinio are you travelling by car or public transport? If you're going to be arriving by bus or train for instance, the Convention Centre is probably only a 15 minutes walk from both Busaras and Connolly Station.

hey am gonna come by train, so walking will be fine then! thats great thank you..should b an immense day! shame abt no danni tho..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deeyasee

Hi, there are a number of pre-opening events before the official opening in September and I understand this is one of them.

Also there is a Luas Station at the rear of the convention centre, it's called Spencer Dock and is on the red line, one stop before the o2 (The Point)

Good Luck!!!

Just in case anyone wants a map to the venue:

convention.jpg

'A' is the Convention Centre

The blue boxes are the local train stations, Docklands, Pearse, Tara st and Connolly

Purple box is Busaras

Pink Square is Mayor Square Luas stop

Green Square is Spencer Dock Luas stop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

this thread made me go and see how to get tickets, applied and got an email today to say i got them.should be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

I'll be arriving by car to the early show & am wondering will the underground car park be open in the new centre or does the clarion car park allow non guests use their car park?

Or is the best option to park at Hueston & get the Luas to Docklands?

I'm travelling from Galway so any help would be great.

xtradel wrote: »
    I'll be arriving by car to the early show & am wondering will the underground car park be open in the new centre or does the clarion car park allow non guests use their car park?

Or is the best option to park at Hueston & get the Luas to Docklands?

I'm travelling from Galway so any help would be great.

I was wondering the same myself about parking. Are you going to the 1.15 start or the 6.15? If you're going for the later one, then I'd recommend the Luas as driving on the quays during rush hour will be a nightmare. If it's the earlier one then I'd say you'll be fine to drive up there...drop the Convention Centre an email and I'm sure they'll be able to advise you about parking.

I was wondering the same myself about parking. Are you going to the 1.15 start or the 6.15? If you're going for the later one, then I'd recommend the Luas as driving on the quays during rush hour will be a nightmare. If it's the earlier one then I'd say you'll be fine to drive up there...drop the Convention Centre an email and I'm sure they'll be able to advise you about parking.

I'll be heading to the 1.15 show. I rang the centre & they said the car park will not be open by then & to use Jurys or the NCI wherever that is?

I'll be heading to the 1.15 show. I rang the centre & they said the car park will not be open by then & to use Jurys or the NCI wherever that is?

It's the National College of Ireland

Basically the car park is down the little street to the right of the pink square on the map above

The NCI underground car park is open from 05:30 to 22:30 Monday to Sunday
    Hourly rate: €2:50
    Fixed evening rate from 17:30 to 22:30 Monday to Friday: €3:50.
    All day Saturday or all day Sunday rate: €5:00.

http://www.ncirl.ie/About_NCI/Contact_Details/Location_Map

Travelling from the North side:
    Travel along Amiens Street
    After train bridge, turn left onto Lower Sheriff St.
    Follow road right onto Commons St.
    At first set of traffic lights turn left onto Mayor St.
    Continuing down Mayor St., turn right onto Alderman Way
    The NCI car park is on your right hand side.

Travelling from the South Side:
    Travel over East Link Bridge and take the 1st exit off the round about onto North Wall Quay
    At 2nd set of traffic lights (Jury's Inn) turn right onto Commons St.
    At first set of traffic lights turn right onto Mayor St.
    Continuing down Mayor St., turn right onto Alderman Way after the college
    OR

Follow Pearse Street onto Tara Street
    Cross Butt Bridge
    Take a right onto Custom House Quay
    At Jury's Inn, turn left onto Commons St.
    At first set of traffic lights turn right onto Mayor St.
    Continuing down Mayor St., turn right onto Alderman Way

• Advertisement

So what time is everyone planning on arriving at the afternoon show at?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    So what time is everyone planning on arriving at the afternoon show at?

I have tickets for the 13:15 show and we're going to start queueing around 10! From checking out the comments on Xfactors facebook page, the people at the 13:15 shows in glasgow and birmingham did the same. The ticket doesn't guarantee entry unfortunately - hate queueing!!!

I've tickets to the 1:15 show & they say that they are priority pass tickets & i must arrive 45-60 mins before the door opening times & to report to the applause store manager on arrival....are everybodys tickets like that?

I've tickets to the 1:15 show & they say that they are priority pass tickets & i must arrive 45-60 mins before the door opening times & to report to the applause store manager on arrival....are everybodys tickets like that?

No, loads of peoples tickets say "NORMAL" which means you have to queue to be guaranteed entry, some load of crap :(

No, loads of peoples tickets say "NORMAL" which means you have to queue to be guaranteed entry, some load of crap :(

Thats good to know cos will be bringin Mammy so dont think she'd be able for queing too long. Has Katy Perry been 100% confirmed as the guest judge yet?

Aw thats nice of ya, she'll love it!

Theres loads of rumours of guest judges, would LOVE if Katy Perry was at it! She was hilarious on American Idol as the guest judge! I'm thinkin it might be an Irish person though, like a friend of Louis or something...who knows! Thank god its not Geri Halliwell anyway :D

just heard on xposé that they have cancelled the guest judge for this wednesdays auditions in london.. apparently its based on the poor performances of geri halliwell & natalie imbruglia! fingers crossed they dont axe katy perry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ciara1992

you can get dublin bus 53a...its stops near enough to it......
    i have tickets for 1:15 too....how early are people gonna queue....i dont wanna be standing there for hours...but i dont wanna be too late and not get in either...:confused:

you can get dublin bus 53a...its stops near enough to it......
    i have tickets for 1:15 too....how early are people gonna queue....i dont wanna be standing there for hours...but i dont wanna be too late and not get in either...:confused:

• Advertisement

its a load a crap is right.......what time are the "normal "people for 1:15 queuing at....:(

Advertisement