Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my tickets for xfactor 2010, however . . .

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The tickets said that it doesn't guarantee entry so if you didn't go early, then it's your own fault. Do a bit of research - it's well known on forums that they issue more tickets than there are seats. We queued for 4.5 hours and got in - it was brilliant. Long wait but worth it in the end. Saw loads of people getting turned away as well. How many were there in total, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was there for the later show. We were told to queue from 6.15 and doors were due to open at 6.45. Got there around 5 and they already had a full queue and said the next 300 people to get in the queue would just be on standby. Luckily we had priority tickets so we got in the front queue. However, we didn't get in until well after 8. I was so close to leaving! I had to pick up my car at 10, so by the time we got in and they warmed us up, I only got to see an hour of auditions before I had to leave :(

The auditions were ok, nothing that special. Actually mainly quite boring. Simon seemed in a grumpy mood and kept asking them to sing a second song! The last act I saw was this young guy Dwayne from the city centre and he was hilarious. Sang "Don't Stop Believing" and had the whole audience on their feet! He wasn't great but was so entertaining and got through to the next round. The only other person who got through that I saw was a girl called Rebecca. She was...meh. Forgettable as Simon would say!

There was this embarrassing group in the audience who kept shouting out that they loved Cheryl. I think everyone was getting pissed off with them. Cheryl was kinda crap, Katy was ok, a bit more lively.

It was a good experience though, really wish I'd got to stay longer!

What time did the later show finish does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I was there for the 2nd show as well. We had priority tickets, got there at 5:20 and the queue started moving around 7:30. I was so near to leaving.
    I wouldn’t be a mad fan of the x-factor- I normally watch the auditions and then lose interest shortly after that.
    I thought it was interesting to see how ‘behind the scenes’ work. It seems that it is all very staged, from how the audience should react, and even the acts themselves seem like they had been told to act a certain way.

Most of the acts were fairly pub karaoke standard, not really anyone memorable, but neither anyone comically bad. There was a young lad called Dwayne I think who was so likeable and had everyone on their feet, i think everyone wanted him to be good, but he wasn’t really! The other memorable person for me was a woman called Mary, something of a Dublin SuBo, she was 50, seemed lovely and had low self esteem but her song was really good, and she sang with real passion and emotion.

The judges seemed really bored and pissed off. There was certainly no-one with a chance of winning in our slot, and I doubt if there was in the morning bit either. I get the feeling they wont be back to Dublin!

I left at about 11:10 as I had to get the last dart and it was still going at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

hey everyone,

i was there for the 1st session, what a day! started queuing at 10am and got in the first 200 people which was brill, really long day though. Doors didn't open until 2:30, then the show didn't start until 3:30. When the auditions were still going on at 6:30 I was feeling so bad for the people outside expecting the doors for the 2nd session to open at 6:15!!! Heard from someone that there was still auditions for the later session going on at midnight - what a joke.

seemed really badly organised. not so much about the ticket system because we all knew from our tickets that it would be first come first served. anyone arriving a half hour before the doors were meant to open had no hope. just the delay of the whole thing took the good out of it. i wonder do they realise at all that people have been queueing for 5/6 hours or do they care. i can only imagine how frustrated the acts were too!

i agree with whoever said its very rehearsed & staged..couldn't get over them recording the audience doing a standing ovation! god knows whos audition they will ad that into. cheryl was very very quiet, everyone could tell. dont know what was up with her, her judging opinions were kind of pointless as well. katy perry totally stole the show for me, she looked absolutely stunning & the girl is hilarious! she was totally up for the craic, it would have been a very dull day without her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭danois

i was at second show and got there at 3 to start cueing they told us nothing about how long we would be all they said was we are running a bit late!!!

i was told by a sound man they most of the time they use the real audience reaction just pre record some reactions incase the sound levels of the real reaction's get too high.

I didnt have the common sense to check the time so was only when i got out that i noticed id missed the last bus and train grrrr taxi back to bray not nice!!

i think mary was great dwayne was a little star not an amazing singer but not all famous singers are! but a real full on entertainer he had everyone on their feet but they made us refilm his going through cause his family ran on stage.

simon was a grumpy narky git didnt give anyone a chance and asked them stupid questions like if you had a million ho much would you donate?? soeone shouted out its not miss world simon lol
    cheryl barely spoke at all think she was afraid of katy lol katy was ok and louis was just louis

the comedian was far better to listen to than the judges!he was hillarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 berty54

I agree with totallytrees above! :)

We had a brilllll day :D My friend heard tickets were available a few months ago and applied, didnt think much of it and then she got an email to get them. She applied for the 1.15 one and I applied for the evening one. Really excited , we headed down to the convention centre round 10.45ish to see the xpose crew interview the 200+ people in front! A girl in our group was only 15 but looks older so we werent asked for ID anyway. Was in the que frim 10.45 til 1.30. Rained a bit but cant really complain much! There was a guy selling food which was really expensive tho! Finally opend the doors at 1.30 and we were allowed in.. Sitting waiting until 3.30 when show started at last!

Didnt feel like there was that many people auditioning at our time and each one took like min. 10 mins. Cheryl was too quiet, but news coming out bout her now gettin sick when she was abroad, and perhaps this is why she was quiet. Simon was a bit pissed by the end of it, Louis was Louis, embracing his Irishness :L but the real star had to be Katy. She gave brillant advice to acts that didnt get through, and messed with the lifeguard guy!!! That was soooo funny!! The other guy who was gas was Roy, who got the crowd going from the start!

Brillant day, after all we didnt pay a penny for the tickets! :D

Advertisement