Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to get broadband for 3 months?

• 14-05-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

Ok im moving into a house for the summer and need broadband, the girls who lived there before had UPC. I tried to change the name to me but they cant so ill have to set up a new account, not too bad because i wint have to pay the installation fee.

If i sign up and pay the 3 months along with a 100 euro cancellation fee (is this right?) thats around 160 for the summer.

Is there any way of doing this cheaper? from what i can see there is no short term provider but what are the cancellation fees like for other companies?

Im sure other people have been in a similar situation.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Im in the same boat but am hopefully bringing my current UPC setup. You might run into trouble with a 12 month contract though, check that before you sign up. The way I'm doing it means its only a change of address and no new contract.

You might be stuck on some rubbish like O2 broadband though.

And check for unsecured wifi near you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

That's about the best you can do.

There is no short term Broadband.

Using unsecured WiFi is a bad idea. Recommending it could be "incitement or conspiracy to commit an offence". Check with a lawyer.

Advertisement