Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake

Options
  • 14-05-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anybody got any simple recipes as to how to make this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 swinburne

Hi. I have one at home. Only 6 ingredients, no bake and very yummy. I'll post it up later today if you're still looking for it............

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Yeah swinburne if you could that would be great, I've only ever made one that I had to bake

Here it is.......Make sure you let the chocolate cool before adding to the cream, if you don't the cream will go runny on you.

Cohoclate Orange Cheesecake.

Ingredients

100g Burbon Biscuits
    100g Orange Cream Biscuits
    55g Unsalted Butter
    250g Cream Cheese (Philly)
    225ml Double Cream
    1 x Terrys Chocolate Orange (175g)

Directions

Blitz the biscuits to a fine crumb, melt the butter and combine. Compact into the bottom of a cake tin for your base. Leave 1 hour in the fridge to set.
    In a large bowl beat the cheese with a wooden spoon to soften it. Set aside.
    In a separate bowl whip double cream to soft peaks. Set aside.
    In a bain-marie melt the chocolate orange. Allow to cool but not set (important step this).
    Pour the chocolate into the cream, stir briefly.
    Pour this mix into the large bowl containing the cheese, use a whisk to combine everything thoroughly.
    Spread over the base, refrigerate for 4 hours.
    Some grated chocolate orange on top is nice.
    Eat.

I have a picture but dunno how to paste an image into the box here. The image is on my PC but it only seems to allow images from a http source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Press the Post Reply button, and on the page that opens press the button that looks like a paperclip. That will allow you to upload the image from your computer to boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

swinburne wrote: »
    I have a picture but dunno how to paste an image into the box here. The image is on my PC but it only seems to allow images from a http source.

You can upload the pic to a host like www.wthax.org

It will give you a BB image code that you can just past into your post here

Sounds like a nice recipe that I will give a go soon :)

Here it is. I used a 26cm flan dish type thing. It turned out fairly shallow but this was nice as the cheese mix is fairly dense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

That recipe sounds soooooooo good! Off to tesco's to get the ingredients on my way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

That sounds class!

No more strawberry cheesecake for the family!

rylie wrote: »
    That recipe sounds soooooooo good! Off to tesco's to get the ingredients on my way home!

Dunno if you'll get orange creams there. I tried but didn't see any. I got them in Dunnes.

• Advertisement

Anyone try this over the weekend? How did it go?

Any ideas for improvements to the recipe?

I tried a Turkish Delight one on the weekend, the jury's out on it to be honest. icon11.gificon5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Haven't tried this particular one yet, but will do so. The fave in my house is a Tia Maria cheescake, normally do it with philly cheese, tried it few days ago with Mascarpone and it was beautiful, so might do the Terry;s one with Mascarpone to see what its like.

Nice idea the mascarpone. I've never used it,I'd have thought it was too soft to hold it's shape. Will you post the Tia Maria / mascarpone recipe........might give it a go next......

Also trying to come up with a mint chocolate cheesecake too....just putting it out there....:)icon5.gif

I meant to post to thank you for the recipe, made it over the weekend and it was deeeeeelish. Was demolished in 24 hours flat. Don't think it could be improved on. Only problem for me is knowing the amount of double cream, chocolate etc that went into it- major guilt eating it ;)

I meant to post to thank you for the recipe, made it over the weekend and it was deeeeeelish. Was demolished in 24 hours flat. Don't think it could be improved on. Only problem for me is knowing the amount of double cream, chocolate etc that went into it- major guilt eating it ;)

Yeah thanks. I was delighted how it turned out myself, I'm usually overly critical of my own stuff but I loved it. And so simple it's pretty difficult to mess up. :)

Next up is a mint choc one or possibly the Tia Maria one someone mentioned..........icon3.gif

Next up is a mint choc one or possibly the Tia Maria one someone mentioned..........icon3.gif

Oh yummers, let me know how the mint choc one turns out! Was thinking the green and blacks maya gold chocolate would be gorg in that terrys choc recipe. Little hint of spice would be a lovely Christmas Day alternative to pudding.

Oh yummers, let me know how the mint choc one turns out! Was thinking the green and blacks maya gold chocolate would be gorg in that terrys choc recipe. Little hint of spice would be a lovely Christmas Day alternative to pudding.

Made the mint choc one on Saturday. I used 150g Bourbons and 75g Mint Viscounts in the base (that idea worked out well).....For the top I used double cream and Philly again..... I used 175g of Mint Aero for mint choc flavour but would definitely use something different next time. The Aero seemed to have a fairly high melting temprature (probably to do with whatever they put in it to stabilise the bubbles...?) so it kind of collapsed the whipped cream when I mixed them together. Also while the mint flavour was fine, it wasn't chocolatey enough (which will never do!!).

Still on the lookout for a bar of mint chocolate. There are plenty of bars with mint fondant or mint crisp type stuff but no plain mint chocolate.....

Just checked out that Green & Blacks chocolate. Had never heard of it before. DEFINITELY going on the to-do list. Thanks!!

Going a bit OT here but I've a lovely recipe for spiced chocolate pots using the maya gold. I can post it tomorrow if you like?

Going a bit OT here but I've a lovely recipe for spiced chocolate pots using the maya gold. I can post it tomorrow if you like?

Hi Rylie.

Yep, post it. There is no such thing as having too many recipes. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 barrigone

Lidl, Tesco and Supervalu do fairtrade chocolate in mint flavour(cant remember exact brand name). I've made a after eight cake before delish! so you could try these too and also ive bought some peppermint essence which would help taste
    Em will have to try this weekend too i think :)

Feck I forgot to root out that recipe last night, I'll definitely post it tomorrow. Sorry :o

barrigone wrote: »
    Lidl, Tesco and Supervalu do fairtrade chocolate in mint flavour(cant remember exact brand name). I've made a after eight cake before delish! so you could try these too and also ive bought some peppermint essence which would help taste
    Em will have to try this weekend too i think :)

I tried the Fair Trade mint chocolate, it has mint crispy bits in it rather than being just mint chocolate. I scoffed it no problems, and quite yummy it was, but I'm after a mint flavoured chocolate for this recipe.

Post the After Eight cake recipe please.........:rolleyes:icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25 barrigone

Have 2 think i used the first one though:
    Mint Cream Cake
    For the mint cream filling:
    300 ml
    cream
    After Eight mints
    60 g
    semi-sweet chocolate for baking
    For the Batter:
    4 large
    eggs
    80 g
    sugar
    70 g
    flour
    3 tbsp
    cocao or liquid chocolate garnishing
    1 tsp
    baking powder
    For the topping:
    250 ml
    cream
    For Decoration:
    After Eight mints

Method
    Mint Cream Filling:
    Put the cream in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add After Eight mints and the chocolate and stir until melted. Cool and store in fridge for at least 2 hours.

Making the cake:
    Whip the mint cream. In another bowl whip the plain cream. With a spoon put the mint cream onto the bottom half of the sliced cake. Place the second part on top of the cream.

With a spoon put the plain cream on top and on the sides.

Place 4 mints on the top of the cake as decoration.

theme: after 8 cake
    Filling:
    6 T. butter (softened)
    3 1/4 c. unsifted confectioners sugar
    6 T. creme de menthe

In a small bowl, beat butter, sugar and creme de menthe with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. On cake stand, put cake layers together, dividing the creme de menthe, filling equally between layers

Frosting:
    6 oz. semisweet chocolate pieces
    1/2 c. light cream
    1 c. butter
    2 1/2 c. unsifted confectioners sugar
    1 box After Eight Mints

In a medium sauce pan, combine chocolate pieces, cream and butter. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat. With a wire whisk,blend in confectioners sugar. Turn into bowl placed over ice. Beat until frosting holds shape. With a metal spatula, frost sides of cake.Use rest of frosting to cover top, swirling decoratively. Cut mints in half diagonally and use to decorate the top edges.

Refrigerate cake until serving time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Crumb 250g of Digestive and mix with approx 100g of melted butter, put into dish and leave in fridge for an hour. Mix 500g of philly cheese, 80g of sugar and 200g double cream in a large bowl. (i mix it by hand, dont like using the electric whisk). Once done add in 2 capfulls of Tia Maria, mix again and fold onto your base, leave in fridge over night.

The odd time i'll throw some raspberries onto the base, gives a lovely taste. Or instead of Tia Maria, melt 100g of Dairy Milk and fold into the mix with fresh blueberries on the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Not a fan of cheesecakes..

Anyone got a receipe for a normal Terry's Chocolate Orange cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Babyelephant

Nice idea the mascarpone. I've never used it,I'd have thought it was too soft to hold it's shape. Will you post the Tia Maria / mascarpone recipe........might give it a go next......

Also trying to come up with a mint chocolate cheesecake too....just putting it out there....:)icon5.gif

Hi, try this!!

125g Chocolate digestive biscuits
    75g soft butter
    300g cream cheese
    60g icing sugar
    2 teaspoon creme de menth
    250ml double cream
    One Mint Aero - Crushed

Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter and mix together.
    Press this mixture into a 20cm cheesecake tin & put in the fridge for about and hour.
    Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar & creme de menth in a bowl until smooth, then mix in the aero!
    Whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
    Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base. Put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
    For decoration grate mint aero on top!

I also made a pina colada cheesecake replacing the creme de menthe with malibu and the aero with a bounty bar and decorated with Pineapple and chocolate! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Hi... sorry to be digging up a (slightly) old thread.

Made a strawberry cheesecake at the weekend with chocolate digestive base and ice-cream instead of double cream, I think it worked out better than using double cream. Anyone else agree? Also looking for a radically alternative cheescake for a company bake day shortly.

Anyone got any ideas? Thought about doing a Mars bar cheescake and use Mars bar Ice-cream or possibly Magnum ice cream instead of cream.

Yeah, no worries. I had a crack at a couple of other odd ones, made a Turkish Delight one with a chocolate biscuit base, it wasn't very nice to be honest, the turkish was too floral for the cream/cheese mix. I also had a crack at a mint choc one, the base was absolutely lovely (minty Viscounts and Burbons), but the top wasn't great, the only mint choc I could get was muni Aeros and they just didn't cut it. I'd like to do it again but with some good quality mint chocolate.

Other ideas that have come up..... but not made, are custard cheesecake, banoffi cheesecake, and sweet wine cheesecake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 veronicagalvin

Hi everyone,
    I made this a while ago and it was a real hit! Thanks so much for posting the recipe! I've got a dinner party with my girlies tonight & I'm on dessert duty so gonna make it again...I'll let you know what they think :-)

Advertisement